So finally got my new car.(wrx)

Dude it's a pretty cool car but if you wanted a drag car, you should have looked in another direction.

I'm not too sure why you bought it new if you didn't really know what you were getting in to lol. The WRX is a "rally" type car no? It's not too pretty, it's uncomfortable, and it's got an economy interior. The thing is meant for the track.

did it come with a tapout shirt and self tanning lotion?

only dbags drive wrx's

I remember laughing at you going on a really long waiting list and bragging about what an awesome deal you were getting.

I'm having the last laugh now, as well.

Lol...to be fair, i did get a fantastic deal and i bought it when i wanted to...just ordered ahead of time.

If u said it'll be slower than dirt then you could say i told you so.

Lol...to be fair, i did get a fantastic deal and i bought it when i wanted to...just ordered ahead of time.

Lold at 'slower than dirt'.

Nah I drove one and yes they are sluggish unless you have a full 3" exhaust and a tune.

Get that doNE and you'll pick up 30+kw and it'll feel like a real wrx. I did this to my 05 and it kept up with new 317kw v8s (430 hp plus) down the back straights with no other mods bar a k&n filter (don't waste money on a pod, just get the exhaust, filter and tune).

Don't worry about your warranty either or if you do, get it tuned by a reputable shop and you should be fine. I now have an SS with a 6L with the same mods and I'd say they're pretty much even, the wrx felt faster though, very punchy and violent acceleration. Probably due to being 400kg lighter.

The alternative is a sluggish car, they're a tuners dream. Cheers.

Edit: also if you're doing launches don't dump the clutch, get 3-4k rpm and let the clutch slip a little instead of transferring the shock all at once, I did this for 5 years and the clutch was still fine when I sold it, but I was conservative. Dumping the clutch is risky as the gearboxes are expensive and prone to breaking if they take all of the shock. If you have enough power to spin the tyres they will break traction and relieve some stress but don't let the weak link (gearbox) be the part that takes 100% of the shock. Also the drive train gets clunky especially in an awd if it takes that kind of abuse.

Last edited:

You're welcome for the tips and info bruh

I drive an FR-S which is even slower than a WRX. At times (highway) the slowness bugs me but I care more about handling than speed so for now I'm happy with it. It all depends on what you want. The looks of a WRX keeps me from ever wanting one of those, especially the STI version with the ugly wing. I get it has a purpose but it looks terrible in my opinion. I'm not sure around that price range what else you could get to give you that much more power (at stock that is.) Mods are an option but as you stated, you lose you're warranty and then get the headache of a potentially unreliable car.

Lold at 'slower than dirt'.

Nah I drove one and yes they are sluggish unless you have a full 3" exhaust and a tune.

Get that doNE and you'll pick up 30+kw and it'll feel like a real wrx. I did this to my 05 and it kept up with new 317kw v8s (430 hp plus) down the back straights with no other mods bar a k&n filter (don't waste money on a pod, just get the exhaust, filter and tune).

Don't worry about your warranty either or if you do, get it tuned by a reputable shop and you should be fine. I now have an SS with a 6L with the same mods and I'd say they're pretty much even, the wrx felt faster though, very punchy and violent acceleration. Probably due to being 400kg lighter.

The alternative is a sluggish car, they're a tuners dream. Cheers.

Edit: also if you're doing launches don't dump the clutch, get 3-4k rpm and let the clutch slip a little instead of transferring the shock all at once, I did this for 5 years and the clutch was still fine when I sold, but I was conservative. Dumping the clutch is risky as the gearboxes are expensive and prone to breaking if they take all of the shock. If you have enough power to spin the tyres they will break traction and relieve some stress but don't let the weak link (gearbox) be the part that takes 100% of the shock. Also the drive train gets clunky especially in an awd if it takes that kind of abuse.

Some good advice here.

Ya know, i was driving home from work and took some back roads and i think its growing on me a bit. It's definitely a fun car in the right spots. I'm leaning towards modding but it's definitely high risk. If anything happens tp the drivetrain and ive messed with the ecu there's a very good chance im SOL. Not to mention if i decide to sell it ill have a hard time doing so with a voided warranty...i could flash it back normal but if the next buyer gets denied a warranty claim ill be looking at a lawsuit if i don't disclose.

With all that said the chances are slim ill run into problems with those conservative power gains.
What year is your SS? I hear the new ones are incredible and handle like a beast.

I drive an FR-S which is even slower than a WRX. At times (highway) the slowness bugs me but I care more about handling than speed so for now I'm happy with it. It all depends on what you want. The looks of a WRX keeps me from ever wanting one of those, especially the STI version with the ugly wing. I get it has a purpose but it looks terrible in my opinion. I'm not sure around that price range what else you could get to give you that much more power (at stock that is.) Mods are an option but as you stated, you lose you're warranty and then get the headache of a potentially unreliable car.

You couldn't pay me to drive around with that wing...id have to swap trunks for sure if i went sti.

Unless you're a pro, people who care and invest in their cars are losers and poor. I see poor people who make less per year than the purchase price of their car. S T u p I d.

I drive a car that is less than 10% of my annual income. It works just fine.

Unless you're a pro, people who care and invest in their cars are losers and poor. I see poor people who make less per year than the purchase price of their car. S T u p I d.

To each their own. Some people enjoy cars and would rather spend their money on that, others don't and are happy driving around in cheap econoboxes.

You realize it is a pretty big hobby for a lot of people?

A pro? For what purpose? Aggressive road driving? Because that is what 99% of people who buy sports cars will do. Some will do 1/4, 1/2 mile or a few track days but most is fun spirited road driving.

Some good advice here.

Ya know, i was driving home from work and took some back roads and i think its growing on me a bit. It's definitely a fun car in the right spots. I'm leaning towards modding but it's definitely high risk. If anything happens tp the drivetrain and ive messed with the ecu there's a very good chance im SOL. Not to mention if i decide to sell it ill have a hard time doing so with a voided warranty...i could flash it back normal but if the next buyer gets denied a warranty claim ill be looking at a lawsuit if i don't disclose.

With all that said the chances are slim ill run into problems with those conservative power gains.
What year is your SS? I hear the new ones are incredible and handle like a beast.
2008 Pontiac g8 - the new ss are great,magnetic suspension etc. I call it am ss as that's what they're known as originally as it's imported as a g8 from aus

2008 Pontiac g8 - the new ss are great,magnetic suspension etc. I call it am ss as that's what they're known as originally as it's imported as a g8 from aus

Holden Commodore

lowndes-commondore-2015-3.jpg

holden-lowndes-commodore-bathurst-dowling-(4).jpg

I drive a used Prius. If I were you though, I would've gotten a hellcat.

Just got my vintage Jaguar XJ8 back from having it fitted w/ superchargers, I plan on "breaking" them in this weekend lol.
Superchargers? As in plural? I need pictures.
Also, are you aware of Roadkills Draguar?

Back