So finally got my new car.(wrx)

Per manual it takes 91 or better. Gtis are cool but the r is 40k...that would put me into a whole other class of awesome barely used cars and the vw wouldn't even be in the running.

Im at 850 miles now....i should be at 1000 by this Sunday at which point im going to get to the bottom of this. I appreciate the replies fellas...got better feedback here than at the wrx forum. I will def report back with the results.

LuLz...who are you?

clues triggered

NU8Baew.gif

14230914911422278766_gregoire_a_meyer_02_reverse.gif

QoL91vK.gif
HyHYPV6.gif

t7AuiYv.gif
NTn_aK.gif
TMB_Duckies_v1_1.gif

850 miles.
there it is.

you have many good miles ahead

Per manual it takes 91 or better. Gtis are cool but the r is 40k...that would put me into a whole other class of awesome barely used cars and the vw wouldn't even be in the running.

Your car has a much better awd system than the golf r and is much cheaper. The r isn't much faster either.

For the money you can't do better than a wrx for a new awd performance car.

BTW most 0-60 times involve either clutch drops or launch control.

You could always put in a chip if you want faster. Possibly this wouldn't affect the warranty except maybe for the engine. Check the Subaru forums.

^^^^^^

I wouldn't trust anyone that still talks about getting a "chip".

It's my understanding that wrx and evo are so so at straight line acceleration, they are a beast at cornering. Maybe you are looking for a drag racer.

It's my understanding that wrx and evo are so so at straight line acceleration, they are a beast at cornering. Maybe you are looking for a drag racer.

You are correct. The problem is most off track driving, even driving hard, will be more acceleration and deceleration than true cornering unless you live in a place with very specific types of roads. This makes a muscle car a little more fun for the average enthusiast. Not only that the newer generation muscle cars handle a hell of a lot better these days so for most drivers that aren't really pushing it in tight turns they will do just fine.

That being said I'm a car enthusiast myself and think you can have fun with most vehicles. The fun for me is making more power by modding it myself. I recommend you check out some wrx forums, usually the forums for cars that people work on will have tons and tons of info about what parts make power, how much stress components can take, etc. Might give you a good idea of where you can go with it.

Well for example...

The American "drag racer" Camaro has a better skid pad, road holding figure eight, 60-0 braking and comes with a 455hp/455ft lb LT1.

I've mentioned several times on here that I was planning on buying a brand new preorder wrx...actually been wanting to for 2 years.
Anyway after all the anticipation and planning i finally picked it up about 3 weeks ago. I got an awesome price on a limited...leather, all the fixings and put 6k down.
Im now coming to the realization that im not loving the car. Biggest beef is its not that fast....i wasn't expecting a vet or hellcat but i was expecting it to put you in the seat when you punch it. It drives great, looks sick, but just doesn't perform that great....not 30k great anyway.
And Yeh i did test drive it twice but i didn't beat the piss out of it and Subaru dealers give you about 3 miles.
Im bummed...considering selling it and taking a loss....modifications are an option but that would void warranty.
I remember laughing at you going on a really long waiting list and bragging about what an awesome deal you were getting.

I'm having the last laugh now, as well.

I've dealt with turbo cars since 1991, mostly Gramd Nationals and Turbo-Regals, tune is everything, if a TC car is t running off it can make the car feel like a dog, even if the car is capable of making good numbers.

Last edited:
You are driving on stock gears in a street car. Change the gears if you have that "fast" feeling on the street.

shoulda waited for the Focus RS.

or get the Golf R.

You are driving on stock gears in a street car. Change the gears if you have that "fast" feeling on the street.

While gears are great, if this his daily I'd doubt that he would want to drop his gas milage with gears when he could work on the turbo and tune and really only affect what's occurring while at w.o.t. or at least power enrichment mode.

Not a big fan of ford, but if you got a cobra +1 for having some good ole v8 muscle. Got a camaro ss with intake, long tubes, and a custom tune myself and I love dusting the import crowd. Now I'll wait for someone with a civic with an aftermarket muffler and fast and furious on their dvr to come flame me :D

Back