So finally got my new car.(wrx)

Take that car on a dirt road, I bet that will be fun. I like motorcycles, you can get so much performance for so little money compared to a car. The liter bikes are almost at 200hp 0 to 60 in under 3 sec and quarter mile under 10 sec for around $15k brand new or under $10k used

Its a great car. 5 second 0-60 (even with a clutch drop) makes it in very good company - top of the line bmw 3 series, audi s class, Mustang, etc.

Who cares about 0-60 anyway unless you are a drag racer.

It's a sweet looking, light weight car with a kick ass awd system and the new one is supposed to be quite good in the twisties.

I've mentioned several times on here that I was planning on buying a brand new preorder wrx...actually been wanting to for 2 years.
Anyway after all the anticipation and planning i finally picked it up about 3 weeks ago. I got an awesome price on a limited...leather, all the fixings and put 6k down.
Im now coming to the realization that im not loving the car. Biggest beef is its not that fast....i wasn't expecting a vet or hellcat but i was expecting it to put you in the seat when you punch it. It drives great, looks sick, but just doesn't perform that great....not 30k great anyway.
And Yeh i did test drive it twice but i didn't beat the piss out of it and Subaru dealers give you about 3 miles.
Im bummed...considering selling it and taking a loss....modifications are an option but that would void warranty.

I forget.... does the WRX come with a turbo or is that just the STi?

Either way, I really wouldn't worry about the lack of power at this point. Give it some time, get used to the feel of the car, then down the road put some money into mods. I've seen so many ridiculously fast WRX's that once you mod it, I guarantee you you'll have a smile from ear to ear.

Look into a Stage 2 or Stage 3 kit to start with.

Its a great car. 5 second 0-60 (even with a clutch drop) makes it in very good company - top of the line bmw 3 series, audi s class, Mustang, etc.

It's a sweet looking, light weight car with a kick ass awd system and the new one is supposed to be quite good in the twisties.
Amen

want HP and TQ

That handling though....

I have a wrx, Cobb accessport+ intake= much better.

It's indicative of the power/seat of the pants feel that will be used during most driving. Exiting turns, stop lights/signs, passing, on ramps, etc.

You are lucky they let you test drive it. Not sure if they changed policy but I remember they wouldn't let people test drive at all. I have a friend who tried at 2 dealerships and wasn't allowed too. Crazy thing is he had no problems test driving a Porsche which is what he ended up buying. So money wasn't the issue. Could also just be the policy for the STI. Sweet looking ride though. Hope it works out after breaking it in.

Yeah Subaru has kinda of a shitty way of dealing with people because their sales are so strong. Im 34 and went in with my fiance and i had my doubts theyd let me take it.

It kicks ass !! stop trying to be Paul Walker and get yourselfe killed in a public road !
Also , you didnt even mentioned once how much gass that fkin car needs so i assume money is not an issue to you ... so just do whatever pleases you ... so stop with the bs and just buy a Mclaren F1 allready !!

Lol its actually decent on gas...28 or so. Putting 91 in sucks tho..another 50cents a gallon.

I just added a downpipe, exhaust and a Cobb OTS tune to my XT and was left underwhelmed at first.
In fact I was plain pissed until driving it for a couple weeks.

The power band is so smooth now. My mind was playing tricks on me.
smoother feels slower

This is my fear...im already disappointed...gonna be really sour if i dump another 3k into it and im still not impressed.

91 another 50 cent a gallon?

wat?

you don't usually run a higher octane

For some reason I don't think you are not going all out so to speak cause of break in.

You probably know not to go Wide Open under 3k rpms and are letting off at 4k. I'm sure you are not ever building adequate boost

Wish that were the case...new ones have a digital boost gauge and it saves your highest boost. I dont know the exact max but ive hit 20.5 and i know its damn close to max boost.

that sounds like peak, maybe more..i dunno

is this a manual

You can still probably get a good trade in for a GTI.

The 0-60 is great but like dude said its deceiving. At a 20 or 40 roll it gets dusted by all those cars you listed.

My dad had a legacy twin turbo and that thing flew. Especially around corners.

Back