So far who has done better against Khabib?

Al Iaquinta did the best. Took the least damage against prime Khabib by far

{<huh}

040918-al-iaquinta-kal-2-1080x608.jpeg

Sig Strikes
Gleison Tibau 28 of 87
Khabib Nurmagomedov 25 of 101

Total Strikes
Gleison Tibau 46 of 110
Khabib Nurmagomedov 33 of 112

Takedowns

Gleison Tibau 1 of 6
Khabib Nurmagomedov 0 of 13
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sherdog had it for Tibau:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-148-Results-Live-PlaybyPlay-Updates-44001

MMAWeekly had it for Tibau:
https://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-148-play-by-play-gleison-tibau-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov

MMAfighting had it for Tibau:
https://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/201...blog-guillard-vs-camoes-tibau-vs-nurmagomedov

MMAMania had it for Tibau:
https://www.mmamania.com/2012/6/17/...lva-vs-sonnen-2-rematch-las-vegas-updates-mma

ProMMAnow had it for Tibau:
http://prommanow.com/2012/07/07/ufc-148-live-results-and-play-by-play/

MMAWeekly had it for Tibau:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-148-play-by-play-gleison-tibau-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov

MMAJunkie had it for Khabib:
http://mmajunkie.com/2012/07/ufc-148-play-by-play-and-live-results
27-0

I guess nobody cares what a bunch of fat losers who write for mma sites think lmao

Last edited:
My hadn't just been knocked out before he fought khabib.

He'd lost 2 of his last 3 going into the Khabib fight and has now lost 6 of his last 9.

I prefer using world rankings over just UFC rankings plus it's a real top 10 list instead of a top 11 list. Sherdog seems to be more consistent in rankings based on results rather than what media members think would happen in hypothetical match ups that haven't happened yet.

Khabib has more top 5 wins so his wins are better(regardless of which rankings you use).

You sure have a lot of bias despite your name.

Barboza is a top 5 win for Khabib but was no6 against Tony so is only a top 10 win and according to your logic Khabib beating him makes him a better win than Tony beating him?

Tony beat him first, finishes him in two rounds and Barboza didn't improve his skills after that.

Maybe Tony wins by a hair if u compare solely top 10 wins. Iaquinta happened to be just 1 spot outside of the top 10, and beat the shit out of Tony's first or second best win twice, so he gives Khabib the easy edge as far as overall wins in my opinion.

Styles make fights, Kevin Lee gave Barboza a worse beating than Khabib did and I expect him to give a beating to RDA as well.

He'd lost 2 of his last 3 going into the Khabib fight and has now lost 6 of his last 9.

But he wasn't knocked out just before khabib fought him.....

My listl from better to worst
1. Roided Tibau
2. RDA
3. Iaquinta
4. Barboza
5. Johnson
6. Conor
7. Haley
8. Horcher
9. Trujillo
10. Tavares

Before conor fans scream at me. Barboza was not submitted and connected beautiful kicks. Johnson.got submitted same as Conor but Johnson landed a very good shot and Conor didn't landed anything significant
1.Magomed Magomedov
2.Aleksandr Agafonov

Considering he’s never lost, who cares?

He’s never been in trouble, ever

Tibau schooled Khabib so bad, Khabibs team offered Tibau big money to train Bib.
Zero takedowns out of 5927 attempts...

Lee I find overated myself, but the did beat some quality opponents. But Thomson and Pettis are legit top LWs, Thomson beat Heally by Sub in SF.

I don't know about that. The Pettis that Ferguson fought nearly knocked him out and just KO'd Wonderboy. Healy at that point was already knocked out and submitted by much lesser fighters than Pettis. And we saw how Healy performed after losing to Khabib, he lost to Green, Masvidal and Tibau. You really think Healy beats Pettis considering Bobby Green beat him by a pretty clear UD at that time.

We can talk about would'vs but there really is no truth to it and just a prediction. I just don't see any way to spin that Healy, MJ and Conor are better wins than Pettis, Lee and Thomson.

Styles make fights, Ferguson and Wonderboy are strikers that don't initiate grappling often, Healy is a huge LW that grinds out wins with takedowns and top control and strong cardio, which is the style Pettis has had by far the most trouble with in his career. I know Healy lost to Thomson in Strikeforce but like I said styles make fights, the style match ups matter a lot and I don't think Pettis would have beaten Healy when he was at his best which was when he fought Khabib.

Bobby Green has much better wrestling than Pettis, again styles matter.

Iaquinta exceeded the expectations, I guess. Even despite the 50-43, LOL. End there were definitely some moments even in later rounds where he kind of fired back some...

You sure have a lot of bias despite your name.

Barboza is a top 5 win for Khabib but was no6 against Tony so is only a top 10 win and according to your logic Khabib beating him makes him a better win than Tony beating him?

Tony beat him first, finishes him in two rounds and Barboza didn't improve his skills after that.

You act like I made these rankings, I didn't make them, I just looked them up. I never said Barboza was a better fighter when Khabib fought him mearly higher ranked. Not sure why you are so invested in this and making assumtions about things I didn't say.

I didn't mention that Ferguson landed an illegal shot on Barboza or that he poke RDA in the eye either, if I was so biased like you say then why did I neglect to mention those things that would have helped the arguement in favor of Khabib even more?

I cant even read these posts- this is the epitome of why we have the worst fans that lack basic common sense.
Fighters(especially elite fighters) just evolve and get better....and better.

The khabib Tibau reference is so FUCKING DUMB that I have to punch myself.
If they fought today , khabib would be a -1100 favorite.

Tibau
Mcgregor(took a official round)
RDA(resorted Khabib to LNP)
Al did nothing, he hit beat 50-43
Multiple ten 8 rounds
McGregor landed more in round 3 than AL did in the whole 25 minutes
Everything else sorts itself out

Al took the fight on moments notice after training for a pure striker in Felder (it is counter productive to train for a polar opposite than no specific training at all), he also trained for a 3 round fight not for a 5 fight.

You can claim that on paper it looks bad, but reality is, Al still stuffed 60% of the TD's, and with proper preparation could make significant adjustments that would cause Khabib a lot of problems.

Only ignorant Khabiebers like to consider that win worth anything besides a last minute replacement to save a card.

Looking at that list reminds me how unproven Khabib is. His best win is a pre champ RDA.
Conor is not his best win?

I mean, look, I hate Conor's guts but dominating and finishing a double champ is pretty good, no?

Cool story
Doesn’t change the fact that his second best win is a #11 fighter who prepped for a striker and had to fight a wrestler on one day notice
Al is a top 5 atm. edson was a top 5. pat healy was on a long fight win streak. what does mj getting koed by emmet or barboza koed by gaethje means? he beat them when they were on top. if you beat someone at their prime and they become shit later in their career doesnt mean they were shit when you beat them.
Conor best win is a post prime aldo, 15 years old max and journeyman robbery win.

Al took the fight on moments notice after training for a pure striker in Felder (it is counter productive to train for a polar opposite than no specific training at all), he also trained for a 3 round fight not for a 5 fight.

You can claim that on paper it looks bad, but reality is, Al still stuffed 60% of the TD's, and with proper preparation could make significant adjustments that would cause Khabib a lot of problems.

Only ignorant Khabiebers like to consider that win worth anything besides a last minute replacement to save a card.
many people have had better short notice performances and even won off the couch without a training camp. youre over glorifiying this guys accomplishment. Nate diaz choked conor off the couch no training camp at all when conor was prepared for a 5 rounder vs RDA. how about that? LOL!

Al could very possibly do worse than he did the first fight. there is nothing called training for a 3 round fight. you dont half train your cardio for a 3 rounder and train fully for a 5 rounder. these guys are going in trying to be in the best shape of their lives for every fight be it a 3 or 5 rounds. Conor for example gasses every fight regardless of rounds number LOL.

Tibau schooled Khabib so bad, Khabibs team offered Tibau big money to train Bib.
Zero takedowns out of 5927 attempts...

Yeah and later his brother beat his roids-free version quiet easily .

Al is a top 5 atm. edson was a top 5. pat healy was on a long fight win streak. what does mj getting koed by emmet or barboza koed by gaethje means? he beat them when they were on top. if you beat someone at their prime and they become shit later in their career doesnt mean they were shit when you beat them.
Conor best win is a post prime aldo, 15 years old max and journeyman robbery win.
Lol at past prime he was undefeated 10 years

Back