So far who has done better against Khabib?

Take a look at Conor or Tony's LW resumes sometime. Khabib has more top 10 and top 5 LW victories than everybody in the division.

I am not sure about that, top 10 wins. Khabib has RDA, Edson, MJ and Conor, so 4. I don't know if he has more top 5 wins, he only has 1 or 2.

Ferguson has RDA, Lee, Pettis, Barbosa, Thomson, so 5, he's got more top 10 wins than Khabib.

Cerrone has Bendo, Miller, Jury, Edson , 4

Edson has Dariush, Pettis, Green, Melendez , 4

I am not sure about that, top 10 wins. Khabib has RDA, Edson, MJ and Conor, so 4. I don't know if he has more top 5 wins, he only has 1 or 2.

Ferguson has RDA, Lee, Pettis, Barbosa, Thomson, so 5, he's got more top 10 wins than Khabib.

Healy was top 10 as well. Ferguson and Khabib are tied at 5 top 10 wins and I think Khabib has 1 more top 5 win than Ferguson.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/6/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-55935

Edit: just checked Khabib has 2 top 5 wins(Barboza and Conor) and Ferguson has 1(RDA).

Last edited:
Healy was top 10 as well. Ferguson and Khabib are tied at 5 top 10 wins and I think Khabib has 1 more top 5 win than Ferguson.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/6/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-55935

Edit: just checked Khabib has 2 top 5 wins(Barboza and Conor) and Ferguson has 1(RDA).

Healy was top 10, even in the official UFC rankings. I just go by that to keep it consistent, the UFC rankings. This is a great rankings page here.....

http://www.mma-stats.com/rankings/2013-09-07

t7O36XX.png

c57f0218cfe72f44a8edd51954a46646.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

8e8a1bf6594fcfb76363daef65bd7c08.jpg

Khabib has 3 top 5 victories in RDA (#5), Barboza (#4), and Conor (#2) and 2 top 10 victories in Healy (#10) and Johnson (#6).
Ferguson has 1 top 5 victory in RDA (#2) and 4 top 10 victories in Lee (#7), Barboza (#6), Thompson (#9), and Pettis (#8)

Those are just facts.

Healy was top 10, even in the official UFC rankings. I just go by that to keep it consistent, the UFC rankings. This is a great rankings page here.....

http://www.mma-stats.com/rankings/2013-09-07

I was going based on Sherdog's archives cause if they are top 10 in the world then they would be ranked the same or higher in UFC only rankings, plus I don't know how to look up screen caps that easily(like Taric did) and UFC doesn't rank the champion as number 1 so their rankings are really a top 11.

Either way they are tied for top 10 wins and Khabib has the edge in top 5 wins. Hopefully he gets his issues worked out and they fight next cause they are clearly the best 2 LWs in the UFC.

t7O36XX.png

c57f0218cfe72f44a8edd51954a46646.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

8e8a1bf6594fcfb76363daef65bd7c08.jpg

Khabib has 3 top 5 victories in RDA (#5), Barboza (#4), and Conor (#2) and 2 top 10 victories in Healy (#10) and Johnson (#6).
Ferguson has 1 top 5 victory in RDA (#2) and 4 top 10 victories in Lee (#7), Barboza (#6), Thompson (#9), and Pettis (#8)

Those are just facts.

So they both have the same amount of top 10 wins, 5 each like I said in my follow up post regarding Healy. I was wrong about the top 5, I thought he had 2.

But let's be honest.....if you compare their top 10 wins at LW, who's got the better quality wins? I would have to say Ferguson.

I was going based on Sherdog's archives cause if they are top 10 in the world then they would be ranked the same or higher in UFC only rankings, plus I don't know how to look up screen caps that easily(like Taric did) and UFC doesn't rank the champion as number 1 so their rankings are really a top 11.

Either way they are tied for top 10 wins and Khabib has the edge in top 5 wins. Hopefully he gets his issues worked out and they fight next cause they are clearly the best 2 LWs in the UFC.

I don't like using the Sherdog or mmaweekly ones cause they involve fighters from other organizations. I prefer to keep it all in one, I mean who really cares if Bader is ranked #3 if he's not competing in the UFC.

Question is.....who's top 10 wins are better??

But let's be honest.....if you compare their top 10 wins at LW, who's got the better quality wins? I would have to say Ferguson.
Well that opinion doesn't make much sense when you've already acknowledged that Khabib has 2 more top 5 victories.

I don't like using the Sherdog or mmaweekly ones cause they involve fighters from other organizations. I prefer to keep it all in one, I mean who really cares if Bader is ranked #3 if he's not competing in the UFC.

Question is.....who's top 10 wins are better??

I prefer using world rankings over just UFC rankings plus it's a real top 10 list instead of a top 11 list. Sherdog seems to be more consistent in rankings based on results rather than what media members think would happen in hypothetical match ups that haven't happened yet.

Khabib has more top 5 wins so his wins are better(regardless of which rankings you use).

Last edited:
Well that opinion doesn't make much sense when you've already acknowledged that Khabib has 2 more top 5 victories.

Sure it makes sense, rankings are very subjective in some elements, it's the quality of fighter that is more important. I mean you take Conor at #2 who's 1-1 at LW, is he a higher quality opponent at LW than Anthony Pettis who's also a former LW champ and has wins over Bendo 2x, Cerrone, Melendez, Miller to name a few?? No, he's not IMO. It's the same argument that is used with Matt Serra and people claiming Serra was ranked #1, sure he was on paper. But lets be honest, Serra was far from a quality #1 ranked fighter.

If you look at their top 10 wins. Both have wins over RDA and Edson. Tony beat RDA by UD and so did Khabib. Both were dominant over Edson, but Tony finished him inside two rounds. + 1 Tony.

So you're left with Healy, MJ and Conor vs Pettis, Thomson and Lee.
I'd say that those three Tony beat are overall better fighters than the ones Khabib beat.

Even looking further into it. Take two more common opponents in Tibau and Trujilo. Khabib beat both by UD and Tibau in a close fight (which I actually think Khabib did win) but Ferguson finished both guys. Overall I gotta say Tony has beat the better competition and performed better vs the same 4 opponents.

Last edited:
I prefer using world rankings over just UFC rankings plus it's a real top 10 list instead of a top 11 list. Sherdog seems to be more consistent in rankings based on results rather than what media members think would happen in hypothetical match ups that haven't happened yet.

Khabib has more top 5 wins so his wins are better(regardless of which rankings you use).

I hate that top 11. If the guy is the champ, he should be #1 and then the others that follow.

Overall, I personally think Tony has beaten the better quality opposition. Top 10 wins vs top 10 wins and overall. I don't like just looking at rankings to justify the level of comp. Let's be honest, Conor at #2? Healy at #10?? I'd say Tony's top 10 wins are higher level. Both beat the same two guys, but I can't see Healy, Conor and MJ being better quality opponents at LW than Pettis, Thomson and Lee.

I hate that top 11. If the guy is the champ, he should be #1 and then the others that follow.

Overall, I personally think Tony has beaten the better quality opposition. Top 10 wins vs top 10 wins and overall. I don't like just looking at rankings to justify the level of comp. Let's be honest, Conor at #2? Healy at #10?? I'd say Tony's top 10 wins are higher level. Both beat the same two guys, but I can't see Healy, Conor and MJ being better quality opponents at LW than Pettis, Thomson and Lee.

The Healy that Khabib fought would beat the Pettis that Ferguson fought, it's not a good match up for Pettis. MJ would of had a very good chance of beating Thomson and IMO Lee is overrated.

Maybe Tony wins by a hair if u compare solely top 10 wins. Iaquinta happened to be just 1 spot outside of the top 10, and beat the shit out of Tony's first or second best win twice, so he gives Khabib the easy edge as far as overall wins in my opinion.

Before conor fans scream at me. Barboza was not submitted and connected beautiful kicks. Johnson.got submitted same as Conor but Johnson landed a very good shot and Conor didn't landed anything significant

In 3 rounds Barboza lost 30-24 and Johnson was on his way to 30-24 before he instead got finished. Conor was 29-27 after 3 rounds.

Some of you guys either cannot score fights or simply aren't objective enough to do so.

The Healy that Khabib fought would beat the Pettis that Ferguson fought, it's not a good match up for Pettis. MJ would of had a very good chance of beating Thomson and IMO Lee is overrated.

Lee I find overated myself, but the did beat some quality opponents. But Thomson and Pettis are legit top LWs, Thomson beat Heally by Sub in SF.

I don't know about that. The Pettis that Ferguson fought nearly knocked him out and just KO'd Wonderboy. Healy at that point was already knocked out and submitted by much lesser fighters than Pettis. And we saw how Healy performed after losing to Khabib, he lost to Green, Masvidal and Tibau. You really think Healy beats Pettis considering Bobby Green beat him by a pretty clear UD at that time.

We can talk about would'vs but there really is no truth to it and just a prediction. I just don't see any way to spin that Healy, MJ and Conor are better wins than Pettis, Lee and Thomson.

Maybe Tony wins by a hair if u compare solely top 10 wins. Iaquinta happened to be just 1 spot outside of the top 10, and beat the shit out of Tony's first or second best win twice, so he gives Khabib the easy edge as far as overall wins in my opinion.

Its very very close if you look at the overall picture. Both guys have claims to doing something better than the other. I gotta give it to Khabib though, he's been more dominant over his competition. Tony has been rocked a few times and put in some tough positions, Khabib hasnt. And I don't think by the end of the year if will be the same. I think Khabib will win two more fights this year and take the spot of LW goat. Resume will be better than Tony's

Back