So Facebook tells people when you see their message. I don't like that.

another thing you can do is click up at the message button (top left for me)

and you can read messages without it being "read"

just don't click the message itself.

I think its good.

So if someone clearly doesnt want to write back to you and vice versa,you know lol.

I have a stalker at school and am trying to figure out a way to nicely make her go away without pissing her off in a fatal attraction kind of way.

you're married right?
let her know in a semi-subtle way
she might not be totally crazy
and just like you

Just point out your wedding ring.

Problem solved.

There is a plugin for Firefox you can use

Click "Options" -> "Mute conversation" -> "Until you turn it back on"

all they can blame you for is being thoughtful. no ones damning you for thinking of something better to say after you read what you wrote.

I have a stalker at school and am trying to figure out a way to nicely make her go away without pissing her off in a fatal attraction kind of way.

Easy. Give her my number. I'm almost positive that I've turned 2 girls into lesbians.

I get text messages, but what is the point of instant messaging if you aren't going to respond within the next couple of minutes.

That is just regular messaging.
You can respond instantly if you want to, if you want to think about what you're going to say, or don't feel like talking anymore, you can not respond and it doesn't come off rudely or require an excuse.

Also, instant messaging might be an old fashioned term, it just means texts sent immediately over the computer on Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, Skype or some other such thing.

you're married right?
let her know in a semi-subtle way
she might not be totally crazy
and just like you

I am an old married guy and the wife goes on walkabout a lot and is on one now. I guess I will sick her on my stalker when she gets back and it's easier to just smack a guy in the head than have to deal with a woman who just won't go away. My stalker knows my class schedule better than I do and is always waiting at my jeep for me when I leave, plus wants to know what gym I work out at and is always trying to get me to go to lunch with her. I go to lunch with some Rastafarians and we have an herbal supplemented lunch instead.

That sounds like a plan to me and thanks.

I kinda like seeing that stuff. Let's me know if I should carry on with something else or hang around for a minute.

You can deactivate but not delete.

That's my experience.
Once you deactivate your account, Facebook gives you a certain amount of time to reactivate your account if say you change your mind. I forgot how many days it is but once you go over that mark your account is completely deleted.

I am an old married guy and the wife goes on walkabout a lot and is on one now. I guess I will sick her on my stalker when she gets back and it's easier to just smack a guy in the head than have to deal with a woman who just won't go away. My stalker knows my class schedule better than I do and is always waiting at my jeep for me when I leave, plus wants to know what gym I work out at and is always trying to get me to go to lunch with her. I go to lunch with some Rastafarians and we have an herbal supplemented lunch instead.

just introduce the rastafarians to her

It's all part of our advancement toward a single consciousness. Soon there will be nothing you can know or do without everybody else knowing the same. You can't hide.

Back