So Eddie Hearn just showed his true colours...

This does matter, whether the result was right or wrong.

The idea that the crowd booing and the promoter yelling will cause a commission to change a result on the spot is troubling. Unless I am mistaken ,there was no instant replay in effect.

People are failing to understand this, i dont care if he got his by a fucking bullet from the crowd, if the ref counts to 10 and waves the fight off, that is the decision.

Overturn it later on, not by booing and from a moaning promoter more interested in protecting his asset, and i had to laugh at the fighter fucking celebrating...fucking bum

People are failing to understand this, i dont care if he got his by a fucking bullet from the crowd, if the ref counts to 10 and waves the fight off, that is the decision.

Overturn it later on, not by booing and from a moaning promoter more interested in protecting his asset, and i had to laugh at the fighter fucking celebrating...fucking bum
Exactly. The result may be wrong but you protest it officially after. Not rally the crowd to pressure the commission. The commissioner should have just said "It looked bad so we'll give it official review on Monday morning."

I don't get the mock outrage. The right decision was made in the end, surely that's what matters? Complain when the RIGHT decision gets overturned like this!

Then that doesn't count in my eyes. Who is to say he wouldn't have made it back to his feet if there was no foul shot? The overturn was the right decision.

Fuck this opinion, you sound like Don King and Mike Tyson spouting this kind of bullshit, and its bullshit you have probably argued against in the past!!!

Decisions made by the ref and judges are final, if you want to complain and get shit turned into a NC...then you do that later on...the fact Sulamin and Hearn are corrupt as fuck showed true colours here...

Digusting situation and if this is the way boxing is going, then it's all over

Fuck this opinion, you sound like Don King and Mike Tyson spouting this kind of bullshit, and its bullshit you have probably argued against in the past!!!

Decisions made by the ref and judges are final, if you want to complain and get shit turned into a NC...then you do that later on...the fact Sulamin and Hearn are corrupt as fuck showed true colours here...

Digusting situation and if this is the way boxing is going, then it's all over
I don't get it. It was the right decision. You seem to think it was just the weight of Hearn that got this overturned but it could easily have been the obvious foul which made them change their minds. If decisions resulting from blatant fouls and cheating are overturned after the match then I'm all for it. What if this was a foul that got overturned? Do you think they would have overturned the result if no foul occurred? Then I can understand your worry. Refs can fuck up now and then. This is insurance against this.

Did they say there is an immediate rematch? Because unless the sanctioning bodies require/demand/insist upon it, I'd wager that Edwards guy isn't getting in the ring with Martinez again. Easier to just hand over the belt and save himself another humiliation. The foul didn't change the outcome of the fight, but it was a blatant foul.

Sulaiman was interviewed afterwards and said he will order an immediate rematch which sucks for Edwards, dude got lit the fuck up, could have gone down as one of the best stoppages of the year.

I don't get it. It was the right decision. You seem to think it was just the weight of Hearn that got this overturned but it could easily have been the obvious foul which made them change their minds. If decisions resulting from blatant fouls and cheating are overturned after the match then I'm all for it. What if this was a foul that got overturned? Do you think they would have overturned the result if no foul occurred? Then I can understand your worry. Refs can fuck up now and then. This is insurance against this.

It sets a really bad precedent, Video Replays have ruined Football as a spectator sport, i used to love talking about how refs or fighters made mistakes or fouls, but this is just the start of the ref reviewing any fouls between rounds or allowing the judges to do the same.

Its bullshit, and allowing a promoter to campaign an orgs president, and have him change the decision(which is fuck all to do with Sulamin as well when the ref has ruled the end of the contest), is just plain wrong, and if you cant see past the "right outcome"...then i dont know what else to say.

Shouldn't be done on the spot in the heat of the moment.

It sets a really bad precedent, Video Replays have ruined Football as a spectator sport, i used to love talking about how refs or fighters made mistakes or fouls, but this is just the start of the ref reviewing any fouls between rounds or allowing the judges to do the same.

Its bullshit, and allowing a promoter to campaign an orgs president, and have him change the decision(which is fuck all to do with Sulamin as well when the ref has ruled the end of the contest), is just plain wrong, and if you cant see past the "right outcome"...then i dont know what else to say.
I don't think we need to make the leap that this is going to happen during the live action. I wouldn't be agreeable to that but this was done after the fight had finished. Would you prefer that the fight was declared a KO for Martinez despite knowing that he'd finished off his opponent with a foul shot? I can't see that as being the right result.

If I'm honest I think you are fearing the worst thinking that we are going to happen frequent pauses to review the video footage just like you object to judges being able to give drawn rounds. I myself will give drawn rounds when I see them but in reality it's an extremely rare occasion where I can't give one fighter the round. I don't think it will be nearly as bad as you think.

Why? The right decision was rendered or do you disagree with the official result?
Yeah, the right decision was rendered this time. This was a pretty easy to see foul. There are situations that could be less clear. The rules can be tricky.

I don't think we need to make the leap that this is going to happen during the live action. I wouldn't be agreeable to that but this was done after the fight had finished. Would you prefer that the fight was declared a KO for Martinez despite knowing that he'd finished off his opponent with a foul shot? I can't see that as being the right result.

If I'm honest I think you are fearing the worst thinking that we are going to happen frequent pauses to review the video footage just like you object to judges being able to give drawn rounds. I myself will give drawn rounds when I see them but in reality it's an extremely rare occasion where I can't give one fighter the round. I don't think it will be nearly as bad as you think.

Well, it started like that with football, review decisions if the ref didnt spot them after the match had ended(in terms of suspensions), and fast forward to today, and now fans are left standing waiting for someone in a studio studying videos to decide what the actual outcome was, rather than what the officials actually watched and saw.

If the ref doesnt spot it at the time, then it's gone...it's done...i have spent many hours complaining about unjusts in sports, and the robotic way they are bringing decisions into sports with replays and video evidence...is just ruining the enjoyment of the fans IMO, and also ruining the history of the sport.

It was disgusting to watch, and was unjust, the ref did not spot the blatant foul..and counted him out...and that is the result...is Hearn doesnt like it, he lobbies the governing body in a correct manner, he doesnt go and grab him from ringside and make him watch a screen at the event.....totally unprofessional and smacks of corruption from both Hearn and Sulamin.

Well, it started like that with football, review decisions if the ref didnt spot them after the match had ended(in terms of suspensions), and fast forward to today, and now fans are left standing waiting for someone in a studio studying videos to decide what the actual outcome was, rather than what the officials actually watched and saw.

If the ref doesnt spot it at the time, then it's gone...it's done...i have spent many hours complaining about unjusts in sports, and the robotic way they are bringing decisions into sports with replays and video evidence...is just ruining the enjoyment of the fans IMO, and also ruining the history of the sport.

It was disgusting to watch, and was unjust, the ref did not spot the blatant foul..and counted him out...and that is the result...is Hearn doesnt like it, he lobbies the governing body in a correct manner, he doesnt go and grab him from ringside and make him watch a screen at the event.....totally unprofessional and smacks of corruption from both Hearn and Sulamin.
I get your points if it disrupts the action BUT this didn't, it was done after the fight had finished. Barely took any time and the right decision was rendered. I think you are being afraid of the worst-case scenario which I don't see happening. I've seen more time spent counting the judge's scorecards in a close fight.

Sulaiman was interviewed afterwards and said he will order an immediate rematch which sucks for Edwards, dude got lit the fuck up, could have gone down as one of the best stoppages of the year.

Both the NC and the rematch are spot on. The guy fcked up after probably having the fight won. He gets to put that right

I get your points if it disrupts the action BUT this didn't, it was done after the fight had finished. Barely took any time and the right decision was rendered. I think you are being afraid of the worst-case scenario which I don't see happening. I've seen more time spent counting the judge's scorecards in a close fight.

In this case it might be fine, but what about when a promoter starts asking people to look at an incident that had happened earlier in the fight, that had an effect on the conclusion...its just a really bad precedent to set...and Sulamin is probably more to blame than Hearn now i think about it more, he just didnt come across well acting like a whiny cunt because his fighter lost

In this case it might be fine, but what about when a promoter starts asking people to look at an incident that had happened earlier in the fight, that had an effect on the conclusion...its just a really bad precedent to set...and Sulamin is probably more to blame than Hearn now i think about it more, he just didnt come across well acting like a whiny cunt because his fighter lost
IF that happens then I will be the first to call it out. But I can't see how accepting a bad decision as the ref made in this circumstance can ever be right.

Both the NC and the rematch are spot on. The guy fcked up after probably having the fight won. He gets to put that right
I’ll be honest, I havent read much into this thread, mainly because of the OT, I really dont see the problem with protest and the eventual NC

Replays in boxing? Why not? WBC having a say? They did sanction the fight

Just two months ago there was another KO victory turned NC when a Japanese fighter accidentally ko’d a Puerto Rican with a headbutt, and it was a replay that determined it.

Anyway, Edward’s confidence must be at an all time low right now and it isnt going to help him in the rematch, he was well onto his way of getting stopped, if it wasnt for the illegal blow.

I have no problem with the outcome, but on fight night?
I have never ever seen a body do that in the ring, or a commission..have you?

VAR is spoiling football, if it worms its way into boxing(like this decision) then we can say goodbye to the sport we know and love

I agree that VAR is destroying football. It’s an absolute disgrace.

eh, come on. Thats BS. I'm tired of people saying this shit.

If you don't enjoy a sport because a judge you don't know didn't see the fight the same way you did, then you don't really enjoy the sport that much. Sounds more like a personal investment in particular fighters to me.

Ever notice how its only popular guys like Golovkin and Pac that fans gets so riled over? Its this weird silent agreement that fans of fighters like this have to not let a loss stand. If you pretend it didn't happen and talk about corruption and all that, people will start to parrot it.

25 years from now, Pacs loss to Bradley will still be a loss. Golovkin/Canelo 1 is still a draw.
That works the other way too. It's noticeable that you are fine with the results because the favoured your preferred fighters so of course you're going to kick up when someone says it's the wrong result. You're no more objective than a Golovkin or Pac fan no matter how much you pretend you are.

Back