So Eddie Hearn just showed his true colours...

Right result so who cares?
What about the next time the crowd and promoter doesn't like a result?

I care. I don't want decisions being rendered on emotion and pressure from the crowd.

What about the next time the crowd and promoter doesn't like a result?

I care. I don't want decisions being rendered on emotion and pressure from the crowd.
Couldn't give a fuck if it's the right decision, it's the right decision.

Right result so who cares?

Well it wasnt, one fighter got counted out by the ref....please give me another example where this has happened, i dont think i have seen it before and it fucking stunk IMO

Its a bad precedent. Seems pretty obvious.
I'll tell you what does upset me, it's that it takes a big promoter like Eddie Hearn complaining to get a bad decision overturned in the first place. It should be happening automatically. I'm all for VR if we get the right decisions.

Last edited:
Well it wasnt, one fighter got counted out by the ref....please give me another example where this has happened, i dont think i have seen it before and it fucking stunk IMO
He wasn't counted out?? Unless I'm missing something. Anyone got the replay?

I see you haven't replied to my last post, do you think that is a good thing for boxing?

It smacks of influential promoters putting pressure on the decision makers at ringside everytime they dont like the outcome of a fight(which is what happened tonight)

I believe that once the replay was shown on the big screen & it became obvious that a blatant foul had occurred then the WBC used the replay option to overturn the result. As long as their decision was just then I see no problem with it, quite honestly. I mean, it was so obvious that there was no reason to wait for a review & a hearing to overturn the result.
And, IMO, as long as the results are just then I see no reason not to overturn the results right away. It doesn't bother me at all.
Peace.

He wasn't counted out?? Unless I'm missing something. Anyone got the replay?
Yeah, the ref counted him out, bro. But, it's a moot point IMO because the final, finishing blow was such a blatant foul. With the replay rule in effect, the officials were able to determine it right away & make the proper call by overturning the KO.
The only reason we haven't seen it done before is that it's such a new rule. So, there's a first time for everything & we just witnessed it.

Yeah, the ref counted him out, bro. But, it's a moot point IMO because the final, finishing blow was such a blatant foul. With the replay rule in effect, the officials were able to determine it right away & make the proper call by overturning the KO.
The only reason we haven't seen it done before is that it's such a new rule. So, there's a first time for everything & we just witnessed it.

You think video replays in boxing are a good thing?

Wait for every corner to start asking refs/judges to check the video footage everytime a foul is/may be commited........and points being deducted or fights being stopped on video replays, rather than relying on the ref in the ring...the guy who has made the decision for 120 years.....

You think video replays in boxing are a good thing?

Wait for every corner to start asking refs/judges to check the video footage everytime a foul is/may be commited........and points being deducted or fights being stopped on video replays, rather than relying on the ref in the ring...the guy who has made the decision for 120 years.....

I believe that video replays can only be implemented at the conclusion of a fight. Just like in the UFC.

I believe that video replays can only be implemented at the conclusion of a fight. Just like in the UFC.
Yeah, that is the case.
- The language of the proposed instant replay rule is intentionally limited in scope, Wheelock said. It says a referee “may only use Instant Replay when he/she feels that a “Fight Ending Sequence” was possibly caused by an illegal action (foul) whether intentional or unintentional. -

Hang on. Are you saying the ref counted him out BEFORE the foul shot? If so that's a proper KO. Who cares what happens to a fighter if it's after the KO regarding a decision?

Hang on. Are you saying the ref counted him out BEFORE the foul shot? If so that's a proper KO. Who cares what happens to a fighter if it's after the KO regarding a decision?

No. The ref counted Edwards out after the foul shot landed.

Sometimes I just shake my head at the stupidity of some people. Hearn's job is to promote his fighter's career. His fighter got stopped on an illegal blow. If he DIDN'T press for a DQ or NC he'd be negligent. Whether or not Edwards was about to lose is not relevant. The blow was blatant and illegal, therefore his fighter should not have lost his title.

Exactly that. Edwards opponent is a fckin idiot. He beat the champ then fcked himself in the arse. I’ve no sympathy.Rules are there for a reason, especially in a dangerous combat sport

No. The ref counted Edwards out after the foul shot landed.
Then that doesn't count in my eyes. Who is to say he wouldn't have made it back to his feet if there was no foul shot? The overturn was the right decision.

Last edited:
Did they say there is an immediate rematch? Because unless the sanctioning bodies require/demand/insist upon it, I'd wager that Edwards guy isn't getting in the ring with Martinez again. Easier to just hand over the belt and save himself another humiliation. The foul didn't change the outcome of the fight, but it was a blatant foul.

Did they say there is an immediate rematch? Because unless the sanctioning bodies require/demand/insist upon it, I'd wager that Edwards guy isn't getting in the ring with Martinez again. Easier to just hand over the belt and save himself another humiliation. The foul didn't change the outcome of the fight, but it was a blatant foul.
Yeah Edwards was getting hammered in that fight. He must know that he'd get beat just as bad in a second meet up.

I'll tell you what does upset me, it's that it takes a big promoter like Eddie Hearn complaining to get a bad decision overturned in the first place. It should be happening automatically. I'm all for VR if we get the right decisions.
Yeah, bad decisions in boxing are poison to the sport. You tend to feel it in the gut just like the wronged fighter. Decisions like Bradley/Pac and Canelo/Golovkin make casual observers think of boxing as bit of a joke.

Yeah, bad decisions in boxing are poison to the sport. You tend to feel it in the gut just like the wronged fighter. Decisions like Bradley/Pac and Canelo/Golovkin make casual observers think of boxing as bit of a joke.
eh, come on. Thats BS. I'm tired of people saying this shit.

If you don't enjoy a sport because a judge you don't know didn't see the fight the same way you did, then you don't really enjoy the sport that much. Sounds more like a personal investment in particular fighters to me.

Ever notice how its only popular guys like Golovkin and Pac that fans gets so riled over? Its this weird silent agreement that fans of fighters like this have to not let a loss stand. If you pretend it didn't happen and talk about corruption and all that, people will start to parrot it.

25 years from now, Pacs loss to Bradley will still be a loss. Golovkin/Canelo 1 is still a draw.

The ref called the fight.....are some of you new to boxing?
This does matter, whether the result was right or wrong.

The idea that the crowd booing and the promoter yelling will cause a commission to change a result on the spot is troubling. Unless I am mistaken ,there was no instant replay in effect.

Back