So does this make Jon Jones the Lineal Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion?

Laszlow

Orange Belt
Reaction score
or does that only count if Cormier loses at Heavyweight?

that question is too deep for a meaningless belt from a defunct org.

id say that technically he should only lose it at HW

Cormier was the HW Grand Prix winner, the actual Strikeforce HW Champ was Overeem.

Cormier was the HW Grand Prix winner, the actual Strikeforce HW Champ was Overeem.

tbh was going off the Strikeforce wiki page that has Cormier listed as champion

but the wiki for the belt history doesn't list anyone after they stripped Overeem.

Cain is the lineal SF HW champ, PRIDE HW champ, and UFC HW champ.

As well as a few other HW belts from smaller orgs.

Not sure why people fail to realize this...

No, Jones beat a LHW, not a HW. Not saying he couldn't beat Cormier at HW also since that's something we don't really know.

Because I forgot that after they stripped Overeem of the SF title they never awarded to anyone else.

Sorry man, I'm only human.

Cain also has the WAMMA belt and of course the Saku belt, the only belt that matters.

Didn't the lineal Pride belt go from from Fedor to Werdum, who lost it to Overeem, who lost it to Bigfoot, who lost it to Cain, who still has it?

Didn't the Strikeforce HW belt go from Overeem to Bigfoot to Cain as well? Am I missing something?

Because I forgot that after they stripped Overeem of the SF title they never awarded to anyone else.

Sorry man, I'm only human.

There were a few different threads on the topic of lineal belts in the last few weeks.

The lineal Strikeforce heavyweight tournament champion. As others have said, Cain holds the lineal SF HW title.

Didn't the lineal Pride belt go from from Fedor to Werdum, who lost it to Overeem, who lost it to Bigfoot, who lost it to Cain, who still has it?

Didn't the Strikeforce HW belt go from Overeem to Bigfoot to Cain as well? Am I missing something?

Yes... the posts on the previous page that already point this out.

nah the way it works is, DC is cains coach, so that means jones can beat cain because hes better than the guy that teaches him

Back