So does Ronda just take a few novelty fights before she retires?

Karzer

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
It's clear the game has passed her by. I don't see her evolving into a fighter who learns to intelligently close the gap to clinch her opponents. She basically looked like she had a broom stick shoved up her spine to her neck. The lack of head movement as she walked into Amanda's punches were amazing. At this current time, she is basically a better actress than she is a fighter, and if you've seen any of her film cameos, that is saying something.

I think though she can still make a few million dollars by taking a few novelty fights (are there even any in wmma?). There's no way she takes a fight with Cyborg because she could literally die in that fight. I do think she can still sell her name for a little while.

As for her career in Hollywood, that's dead. The Ronda brand is pretty much over. Her film projects were on hiatus after she lost to Holm. But her loss to Amanda pretty much killed any of it. She pretty much had a lot riding on the fight with Nunes. Had she won, all those film projects and ad money would have returned. But alas, she got destroyed. I do think she still has a career in direct-to-video action films if she want's to go that route. Sure it's a little embarrassing, but those would buy her a lot of frappuccinos at Starbucks.

I just can't believe some people thought Ronda could return to the UFC as the dominant force she was before.

She has virtually lost her aura about her. HH really exposed her strike game and now Nunes has capitalized on the same mistakes Ronda made against HH. Ronda has no strike game or boxing.

If she comes back, maybe a couple of easy fights and then retirement. Ronda could still easily get handled against anyone with a ounce of striking ability though.

I'd be surprised to see Ronda back after this. HH basically ruined Ronda..

She needs to take one last fight and it's with Cyborg.

giphy.gif

She has virtually lost her aura about her. HH really exposed her strike game and now Nunes has capitalized on the same mistakes Ronda made against HH. Ronda has no strike game or boxing.

If she comes back, maybe a couple of easy fights and then retirement. Ronda could still easily get handled against anyone with a ounce of striking ability though.

I'd be surprised to see Ronda back after this. HH basically ruined Ronda..

I think people who weren't complete idiots or had a hard on for her knew Ronda's striking was pedestrian. She got by though due to the lack of quality strikers in wmma at the time of her reign. And the fact that Ronda has decent power in her hands. Add the fact that her opponents were deathly afraid of her bullrushing towards them to initiate the clinch, then you can decipher why her lackluster striking ability worked for a little while. Just amazed that so many people were fooled into thinking she was a world class striker. Partly the UFC's fault though.

The more I think about it, I think if Ronda was smart, if, she takes a few easy fights and then retires. She is just gonna have to come to the realization that she isn't the best female fighter around.

Nope.

She's done.

Her aura or myth is on life support now. She can't afford another loss or it could get even worse.

As she tries to hang on to a sliver of celebrity, I'm sure we'll get retrospectives about how she "lost the fire" before the Holm fight. All of that. Backdoor damage control.

You don't want to add any more losses to the ledger you have to explain.

She took a big gamble coming back, and she fell on her face.

No more fighting.

Sher could beat a few top 20 girls and get casuals thinking she's great again. It might help her hollywood career. Even Mike Tyson came back against Peter McNeeley. She was a fool to come back to a title shot.

Back