So Does Cerrone Have A Chance In Hell To Pull This Off Next Week?

Cerrone has his kicks and a good clinch, but I take hands over feet in most engages.

Cerrone needs to hurt the leg early, if he can keep Connor off with solid leg kicks he may on to something, but if Conor is able to time and counter the kicks early, Cowboy is in big big trouble....

I agree with you on what Cerrone should try, use kicks in round one mostly and slow down Conor's movement and go for the clinch when he can to wear Conor down and take him to the ground.

If Cerrone decides to purely do a stand up fight with Conor his chances of winning are much less than if he mixes it up with grappling.

Cowboy definitely has a chance. I think it's more of the mental side now than the physical/skill side.

McGregor wins and its because he will be faster than Cerrone, TKO 2nd round.

jesus christ yes
his last six losses are against comp conner won't even touch
wtf is everyone stupid?

Absolutely.
Cerrone can win this if he sticks to the game plan.
Clinch heavy approach for 2 rounds, no boxing exchanges, front kick, leg kick, clinch.
When conor gets tired in the third, go for the finish, maybe a takedown, wrap this up on the ground.

Conor might be the favorite but Cerrone is still a very dangerous guy, even if way over the hill by now, i wouldnt be surprised if he pulls a slick sub like the Mike Perry fight, this is a WW matchup, means very little weight cut for both of them, a little better for the older guy imo.

A chance in hell? Yes. But I wouldn't take him at the current +260.

I would take him at +550 though. Whereas when Conor landed at +550 against Mayweather (because people are stupid) his only chance to win was via corruption. Cowboy's chances next week are exponentially higher than Conors were then.

Last edited:
Absolutely he can pull it off, just needs to keep his hands low & drop on contact. Herb jumps in, Rogan & the boys go ape shit. Then slowly get up in the background of the celebration. With a big dumb grin give Conor a huge hug, tell Joe how hard Conor hits. Respect. Get Danger some air time on the way out & hit the showers, collect the bonus. No problem.

Obiviously not. Everyone who thinks Cowboy can survive to 2nd round without getting KTFO needs to go back to Soccer
Survive to or through and does your definition of KTFO mean slept or are TKOs included? If it's the former of the first, you're the one who needs to get off Conor's dick and go back to soccer. If it's the latter, you can stay, but still need to ease off on Conor's dick. If by KTFO you mean slept, then you need to stop being casual and realize that Aldo's the only one who Conor has slept in the UFC. If TKOs are included, then you shouldn't be saying "KTFO".

Pull guard, reverse, tire him out, RNC, tap. Baby in cage celebration, then retire and force the UFC to pay you 5mill to rematch.
Real world...cerrone nervous af. Stands in front on CM, gets countered.

I think he has a chance. Either Conor in Round 1 or 2, possibly 3 but lean towards Donald if it makes it into Rounds 3-5.

The bad part is it usually takes Donald a bit to get going and can be extremely vulnerable in the first frame or two.

Simple. Put one hand behind his back and beckon Conor to come to him with the other hand Matrix-style. Just act like you're trying to survive for the first half of the 1st, goad him on, and then blast Conrad into the stratosphere.

Conor is expecting either survival mode for a full round+ or an immediate hot balls approach that he can counter. He won't see survival for half of a round and then destruction.

Sure does. He can circle out of range and wait for Conor to gas while leg kicking the F out of Conor. Clinch early with a TD could seal the first round. Then hope to catch him in the 2nd if Conor gets desperate.

If Conor doesn't KO Cerrone in the first it could be a very tough match for him.

Body kicks for round 1 then he will give up his neck in round 2.
Easy

Cerrone has looked awful lately

Anyone else in the top 10 would have a good chance

Cerrone definitely has the tools to win the fight, but he also 2 huge negatives in my opinion.

1. He has a ton of mileage and he's coming off 2 stoppage losses. So, I'm not sure how much he has left in the tank at this point.
2. He has shown on multiple occasions that he will fold under pressure. The examples that come to mind are against Nate Diaz and RDA.

On the positive side, con-man hasn't fought in a while and will likely have some ring rust. Plus he's never had much of a gas tank, which I think will be magnified at 170, so if Cerrone can get the fight into the later rounds then who knows...

Dudes an extremely talented vet with good submissions and KO power in his strikes. He's also the larger man. Clearly Conor is the heavy favorite for good reason but no one should be surprised if Cowboy puts his shin upside Conor's head.

Cowboy needs to channel his inner "Maia"...jui-jitsuuuuuuuuuu

He needs to use the Condit strategy... run run run... kick... run run run... don't ever box...

Back