So Does Cerrone Have A Chance In Hell To Pull This Off Next Week?

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty clear that Dayna chose Cerrone purposely for this comeback fight, because despite Cerrone's skill and experience, he's over the hill mileage-wise and on a losing streak. Also doesn't take well to pressure power punchers....essentially tailor made for Conor.

They're obviously banking on Cerrone to lose via TKO, but anyone think Cerrone might just be able to pull this off and piss all over Dayna and Co's plans?

Edit: Thanks for the date correction. Not super excited lately about these events...

Last edited:
What will he be trying to pull off tomorrow?

Yes he does.

He's always a live underdog.

Depends a lot on Conor, of course.

If Cowboy gets him down its all over.

Obiviously not. Everyone who thinks Cowboy can survive to 2nd round without getting KTFO needs to go back to Soccer

If you look at the odds, and if they are close, that means a lot of people actually believe he can win.

I don't think Cowboy can do it, but I didn't think Nate would do it (and not be too far from doing it a second time) it's mma so anything can happen even if unintentional, plenty have zigged when they really wanted to zag.

I have thrown some very small money on Cowboy simply due to the odds, I have a very simple betting rule for the ufc whatever the card would cost is what I can afford to bet.

I think Cowboy has been hand fed to Conor to ease him back in, I could see Dana offering Donald a "consolation" back room bonus if he happens to lose, just to cushion the blow that is of course, from his stand and bang brah speech I think Donald is expecting to lose and is simply hoping to go out in style.

Cerrone has his kicks and a good clinch, but I take hands over feet in most engages.

Cerrone needs to hurt the leg early, if he can keep Connor off with solid leg kicks he may on to something, but if Conor is able to time and counter the kicks early, Cowboy is in big big trouble....

giphy.gif

I'm almost picking cowboy here

I've been super casual the last few months though.

Absolutely, he should watch some Overeem fights where he used kicks on the outside and entered into a clinch for a trip takedown. IMO that's the best type of gameplan for fighting Conor with the skills Cerrone has. Use as much range as possible and set up clinch entries and go for trips or body lock takedowns when the opportunity presents itself. Cerrone's sub grappling is much better than Conor's as is his gas tank and Cerrone's wrestling is pretty underrated.

Back