So does anyone think poirier is gonna win?

I think he goes the distance with Khabib and doesn’t get finished like Conor.

Khabib is really fucking good..

I'd love for dustin to win as i like his style of fighting a lot, always fotn potential.. i can see him giving khabib some tough moments being gritty as hell..

Unfortunately i have little hope for anything than a khabib victory..

I don't see any scenario where he wins this fight with khabib . He has a small striking advantage but Khabib is literally better in every other facet .

Conor had a bigger striking advantage but he still got nuked by khabib.

never been a big khabib fan...but he tends to out strike even really good strikers, cause of his wrestling threat...don't be surprised if khabib beats dustin in the standup as well as on the ground...

if dustin can't put away Holloway he sure as hell can't put away khabib. And he's not going to be able to stop the take downs.

I think Santos has a better shot pulling the upset than poirer does... and that's not saying much.

Dustin is all heart. He could win in the later rounds. However I expect a brutal few rounds for Dustin

if dustin can't put away Holloway he sure as hell can't put away khabib. And he's not going to be able to stop the take downs.

I think Santos has a better shot pulling the upset than poirer does... and that's not saying much.

You didn't like his performance against holloway?

Dustin is from my neck of the woods but he has little chance in beating Khabib. I'd be happy for him, though, if he does.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I think he will win, but he definitely has a chance, and I will be rooting for him.

You didn't like his performance against holloway?

it was a solid performance. I gave it to dustin 5-0.

But max stood standing and banging with him the whole fight. despite being much smaller. dustin going up against a khabib who is at least his size if not bigger is going to be a different story.

Don't sleep on the Diamond lads.
Khabib is due for a starching and Dustin is a guy who can do it.

Head says Khabib all day, gut tells me pants-shitting KO by the underdog. Looking forward to this one.

Khabib should clearly be the favorite. However, there are paths to victory for Dustin. If Dustin can successfully defend takedowns, Khabib will obviously be in major trouble. But even if Khabib dominates the early portions of the fight on the ground, Dustin is savvy enough to survive (we've seen far worse grapplers take Khabib to a decision). It's entirely conceivable that Dustin will have more success after Khabib slows down a bit later in the fight.

khabib is the rightful favorite but you'd be pretty stupid to think poirier has zero chance. more likely to upset than mcgregor was, anyway, or al, for that matter. he's come a long way since his perennial gatekeeper days at 145.

It's MMA, anything can happen. Dustin has very good boxing and power in his hands. Cardio is as good as Khabib's is, and definitely better than McGregor's. Grappling skills are on par with McGregor's, probably better. And even Conor was able to stuff over half of Khabib's takedowns.

Khabib is obviously where the smart money is, but Dustin's got a better chance than people wanna admit

agree with most of this except the grappling, Dustin is a much better grappler than conor. dustin is a bjj black belt under Rodrigo Medeiros via tim credeur, while conor is barely a brown belt via john kavanagh.

dustin would embarrass conor in a grappling match

I feel like he has a path to victory in the later rounds
And what makes you think that?

Poirier has had one 5 round fight in his career and it was against Holloway where he slowed down significantly at one point during the fight.

Khabib and Holloway have one thing in common. Relentless pressure. Except Khabib is bigger, stronger and good luck dealing with his wrestling.

Last edited:
I'm not really convinced about a victory of dustin, he's too vulnerable to takedowns, just my opinion.

agree with most of this except the grappling, Dustin is a much better grappler than conor. dustin is a bjj black belt under Rodrigo Medeiros via tim credeur, while conor is barely a brown belt via john kavanagh.

dustin would embarrass conor in a grappling match

Eh? I never said Conor was the better grappler

I would love to see Dustin win, but I just don't think he has the skills to stop the takedown. But I'll be rooting for him just because he's a good guy and I like his fighting style.

Back