So do you think better trash talking means stronger mentality?

Hyping a fight is one think but in the real world trash talking is insecurity. A sign of mental weakness. Actions speak louder than words. Look at the chihuahua loud bark because he is trying to intimidate the bigger dog.

Have you heard a lion roaring???

No. Sonnen was one of the biggest trash talkers, but seemed to collapse mentally in a fight fairly easy.

No. Sonnen was one of the biggest trash talkers, but seemed to collapse mentally in a fight fairly easy.

Come on its a bit cruel to say Sonnen is mentally weak...He accepted 1 week notice to fight Jones that means a lot to me

You want attention???then try harder thats the only respond you get from me maybe if you try harder next year I respond you once more...

Wow, that's some real legit trashtalk. /s

Wow, that's some real legit trashtalk. /s

I hope you enjoyed it and yeah here my place its important to play words like you are the king of the world...

The mentally strongest fighters don't seem to trash talk from what I've seen. Fedor being a prime example. Some fighters do it to get try to get inside their opponents heads, many tried that when facing GSP. I think the ones who trash talk to pump themselves up are actually mentally weaker than the Fedor types.

As for the barking analogy; the scariest dogs aren't the ones who bark loudly, they're the surely ones who only have that low growl. Those are the ones who will bite.

Have you heard a lion roaring???

Yes I have and they do it to proclaim territory and to rally straying members of the pride. My analogy was off but 9 times out of 10 people who talk are trying to scare the other person. IF you wanted to hurt someone you would just do it not talk about it. Unless you're hyping a fight on tv americans eat that shit up.

Yes I have and they do it to proclaim territory and to rally straying members of the pride. My analogy was off but 9 times out of 10 people who talk are trying to scare the other person. IF you wanted to hurt someone you would just do it not talk about it. Unless you're hyping a fight on tv americans eat that shit up.

Its not about hurting its about being dominant you can dominate by words you can dominate by money or you can dominate in the bed..thats what being dominant...

Come on its a bit cruel to say Sonnen is mentally weak...He accepted 1 week notice to fight Jones that means a lot to me

Lol Sonnen went foetal and gave up in like 3 of his last 4 fights.

He was just showing up for paychecks, really.

A lot of thread about DC Jones trash talking some guys says DC win some says Jones win...so yes I want to know what do you think about it
I think ummmmmm....yes...

Sweeter tears

I think it can. It shows their emotions going into the fight and sometimes emotions can affect the fight. I think Cormier is emotionally affected and that's part of the reason I bet on Jones.

Probably not, Cain doesn't talk shit and he'd break almost every fighter on the roster within 3 rounds.

I wouldn't say that someone is mentally stronger overall, because they are a better talker. But they are most often socially stronger and more social dominant. What is more important, is not how good someone is at trash talking, but how well they deal with being trash talked and how they react towards it. If they take it to heart or not.

Jones definitely seems mentally stronger in regards to taking and dealing with the talk. Cormier is very emotional in that regard. That being said, who is mentally stronger in training? Who push themself more? Who doesn't quit? Who can take a licking and keep going? All those things are seperate from who the greatest talker is, or which one is most socially adept.

There are many forms of strenght.

I wouldn't say that someone is mentally stronger overall, because they are a better talker. But they are definitely socially stronger and more social dominant. Most times anyway.

Jones definitely seems mentally stronger in regards to taking and dealing with the talk. Cormier is very emotional in that regard. That being said, who is mentally stronger in training? Who push themself more? Who doesn't quit? Who can take a licking and keep going? All those things are seperate from who the greatest talker is, or whhich one is most socially adept.

There are many forms of mental strenght.

Really I like those kinda reply s thanks...Far from classical Sherdoggy dog style posts

A lot of thread about DC Jones trash talking some guys says DC win some says Jones win...so yes I want to know what do you think about it
I think ummmmmm....yes...

sure it is.
If you can make the other guy mad, it means the other guy will be mad.
Mad fighters make mistakes.
At this high level, a mistake can cost you the fight.

Simple as this.

Really I like those kinda reply s thanks...Far from classical Sherdoggy dog style posts

Thanks. I edited it and fleshed it out a bit.

I too wonder about these things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back