So do you guys think that WNBA players could dominate too?

If you raised LeBron from age 6 as an mma fighter he would be unbeatable;
I don't know why people bring up LeBron so much, yea he's strong and athletic but most basketball players are pussies. There's a lot more tough guys playing football that would make better fighters

Lebron is one of the greatest athletes in the whole of ALL sports history.

Lebron is one of the most durable elite of the elite players ever. (yes, I know he's hurt right now, but it's minor)

Lebron has been changing his game in order to play in the post more in the last few years.

His game would absolutely translate to 80's style no hand checking, etc, etc. As it is, he is mugged more than anyone else in the league without getting the calls. Yes, he gets "star treatment" with tons of calls, but still, there are countless calls that refs should call. That said, refs in the NBA are primarily there to make the flow of the game entertaining.
there are dweebs on Sherdog who think they could beat Lebron on the streets with their BJJ blue belt credentials. It's laughable how delusional a manlet can get when he trains a little martial arts.

Lebron is one of the greatest athletes in the whole of ALL sports history.

Lebron is one of the most durable elite of the elite players ever. (yes, I know he's hurt right now, but it's minor)

Lebron has been changing his game in order to play in the post more in the last few years.

His game would absolutely translate to 80's style no hand checking, etc, etc. As it is, he is mugged more than anyone else in the league without getting the calls. Yes, he gets "star treatment" with tons of calls, but still, there are countless calls that refs should call. That said, refs in the NBA are primarily there to make the flow of the game entertaining.

Better player??? Not even close. I thought the discussion was about fighting. And yeah, sports in general are much softer today. Hockey used to be a blast to watch.

I don't know why people bring up LeBron so much, yea he's strong and athletic but most basketball players are pussies. There's a lot more tough guys playing football that would make better fighters
Because LeBron is LeBron

Prime JJ Watt would be the GOAT with...... three years of Jason parillo boxing

I would bet good money that Bethe Coereira with her 3" vertical and zero athleticism would get absolutely rekt by any wnba player or female track& field Olympian with 18 months of mma training.

I would bet good money that Bethe Coereira with her 3" vertical and zero athleticism would get absolutely rekt by any wnba player or female track& field Olympian with 18 months of mma training.

DUMB post.

A BIG WNBA player would have A LOT of weight on Bethe.

My $$$ is on said WNBA player with 18 months of MMA training.

SIZE and ATHLETICISM can make up for A LOT of flaws.

This is WME's endgame: they gave us W145 for Cyborg, and soon they'll give us W155 for Kayla Harrison.

But soon those divisions will be used as excuses to bring W170, which opens the doors for A-level athletes from the WNBA to join, and since they don't get paid much there it'll be much cheaper to get A-level athletes via WMMA instead of prying away their male counterparts making $10 mil + a year playing ballsports.

<seedat>

she was a full time accountant who took up mma for fitness. And somehow ended up headlining a title fight on PPV lmao.

I always wonder why WMMA can't get women from the Legends Football League (formerly Lingerie Football League) to switch over to MMA.

They don't make any money (according to this Sports Illustrated article they actually have to pay a fee to play!!) and being full pads, tackle football, they should be pretty athletic.

https://lflus.com/

DUMB post.

A BIG WNBA player would have A LOT of weight on Bethe.

My $$$ is on said WNBA player with 18 months of MMA training.

SIZE and ATHLETICISM can make up for A LOT of flaws.

Read my post, we said the same thing.

I've never really thought much about this stuff, but it's feasible that some of the top athletes in other sports would do fine in MMA. Not all of them. Some just don't have the heart for it. But the ones who have the mentality for sure would do fine.

Re: Ron Artest.

Well it can be argued that the best male athletes go into stick and ball sports do to their pay. But is this true for the WNBA? Honest question. I would think female tennis players would have a better chance to dominate as they're probably the highest paid female athletes.
Tennis players don't come from the streets. They don't have a need to fight or necessarily have killer/survival instincts.

Think of it this way- basketball and volleyball have similar physical demands and body types required. How come no one thinks of volleyballers as exceptional athletes?
I never thought of the majority of Wnba players as exceptional athletes. Woman track and field athletes are much more impressive.

Tennis players don't come from the streets. They don't have a need to fight or necessarily have killer/survival instincts.

If they could bring their rackets into the octogon, I'd bet on them.

Because LeBron is LeBron

Prime JJ Watt would be the GOAT with...... three years of Jason parillo boxing
80-90 % of linebackers and lineman in the NFL would whoop lebrons ass. The bigger running backs and safeties would kill him too

Back