So, DC is definitely retiring to avoid Jones?

Are you one of the morons that claim Jones is afraid to fight DC at HW? if so, apply the logic you used here to that nonsense. Neither athlete is afraid

yes jon is afraid. see how fast he went from i fight dc again to i rather fight anthony smith instead/

Black Fedor beats Juicy Jones at HW.

DC's had some exceptional performances at LHW, but I do believe that the way he is at HW is much scarier.

I imagine Jones would be around 225-230 if he was to fight at HW. He will be giving up a lot of size to DC, I wouldn't doubt if that shifts the wrestling in DC's favor and he can perhaps take Jones down. As far as striking goes - I still find it very hard to give DC the edge even with his added power at HW. Jones looked incredibly elusive in the Gus fight, he's clearly been working on his defense.

Yes, he was laying the groundwork for this duck for years now, even going so far as to fight the guy he was planning on ducking.... years ago, twice.

He is an evil genius.

Don't play dumb, you know exactly what he is saying. Jonny pokerface Jones fingerbangs everyones sockets every time.

The dude is a cheater on a few levels. It would be nice if someone just jumped on the grenade for once and would grab and snap one of his fingers off.

How can anyone take anything you say seriously? You are supporting a dirty fighter. Seriously, how much bullshit does this asshole have to pull for people to decide not to make him richer?

I boycotted the last card because the pink goof is enabling this shit.
The ufc has no integrity imo.

I don't support Jones. I'm not in favour of any kind of cheating, including the ones he's resorted to, and I also think it was a travesty to relocate an event to let a dirty fighter compete. I simply observed that while he has poked eyes consistently, he still hasn't gouged one out (as of this writing).

He announced his plans to retire by 40 long before Jones was cleared to come back. As a matter of fact, I remember him last summer saying something like "I can't wait for Jon, he's banned until 2021."

Just because JJ blew a couple people in USADA doesn't mean DC should change his place. And JJ can always go up to HW and try his luck there.

No offence man but are you fucking high? Dc is not the best hw ever. He flat out ducked stipe gave some shit excuse and fight fucking Derrick Lewis instead. There’s your hero. His only title defence is Derrick Lewis.
Ducked stipe? He flattened him in 1 rd. Stipe koed overeem in a rd,did stipe duck the rematch?

yes jon is afraid. see how fast he went from i fight dc again to i rather fight anthony smith instead/
Oh yeah, I totally forgot. The guy who has never lost is afraid to fight a guy with 2 losses............................ To the guy who fears him. It makes sense. Do you know the benefit to arguing a point that has fact backing it when the opposing party refutes fact with fiction?

Ducked stipe? He flattened him in 1 rd. Stipe koed overeem in a rd,did stipe duck the rematch?
Overeem was not the champion, nor the best UFC HW of all time record holder of 3 defenses. And yes, he is ducking Stipe because he knows that without eyepoke and lucky punch he will be destroyed on the second encounter. This is clear as a blue sky.

He fought twice and lost both times. He probably knows he can't beat him and just wants to move on.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot. The guy who has never lost is afraid to fight a guy with 2 losses............................ To the guy who fears him. It makes sense. Do you know the benefit to arguing a point that has fact backing it when the opposing party refutes fact with fiction?

AT lhw and while cheating yes. jon wants none of those heavyweight problems

why do you think he went from calling dc out to seeing what corey anderson or anthony smith was doing

notice how jon turned down a fight with cain and not was serious about fighting stipe.

DC doesn't need Jones. He is pretty much retired and scored a sweet announcing gig.
There aren't any new blood or interesting existing contenders. If things go wrong, it might be possible that this division become very stagnant with a very dominant champion. I believe Gus is on his way out and Smith/Volkan/Jan are few levels below Gus/Jones. Jones will have to move up in weight to secure a good paycheck.

LHW is the weakest and has been for years.

{<huh}

The competition DC fought at LHW were the best fighters in his career.

You guys try and pretend he struggled more at LHW than HW due to the weight cut, instead of it being on the obvious competition level difference between the guys he fought. He looked like the same "HW worldbeater" against guys like Hendo and then looked far more human against guys like Jones, Gus, and Rumble who are far better.

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

Lol a lot of people in denial. DC was far to willing to give up his belt so he didn’t have to fight Jones again.

he gave up his belt because he's really fat now and it'll most likely detrimental to his performance if he tried to go back to LHW.

Back