So Dana scored the fight for...

Obviously he's gonna say that he scored it for Jones.. He doesn't want backlash (at least more than there already is, which is a lot)

If Gus was or is a better fighter he would have won the fight or even won it convincingly. Also Dana does not always pick the champ, he has his own opinion as does Cheal and the people watching the fight who said Jones won the fight.

As I said its your opinion and they have theirs as I have mine.

It's my opinion and i think he won that fight. Dana is never gonna back the unknown swede in this one. Come on dude.

Chael thought Gustafsson won. Watch the mma hour.

It's my opinion and i think he won that fight. Dana is never gonna back the unknown swede in this one. Come on dude.

Chael thought Gustafsson won. Watch the mma hour.

Well the statement of you think Gus won the fight is an accurate statement. The statement of Gus won the fight is not.

I think Jones won the fight and did enough to pull it through as did Dana and many other fight fans.

Majority of the fans and fighters scored the fight for Gus and i think they're right. Jones is a tough sob and an amazing fighter, but Gus is in my opinion a better fighter and i think he showed that.

And for the record, Dana is always going to back the champ. More money for them to make if Jones is the champ.

Dana was quick to throw Machida under the bus following the first Shogun fight; I think his eagerness to have the champ's back is directly proportional to how much he personally likes a guy (Edgar, after Bendo clearly beat him the first time), and also the UFC's investment in a particular fighter.

The UFC had no marketing muscle or media hype put behind Machida, which is why they didn't hesitate to quickly give Shogun a rematch, claim he won, etc. However, the UFC did have a lot invested in Jones, considering they've been hyping him up as the future GOAT/MMA's Muhammad Ali/Moral Beacon of Inspiration to All of Humanity for the past two and a half years now.

It would have been bad for business for the heavily hyped American to lose after the UFC put so much into him, and it would have been even more moronic for Dana to say his golden boy was lucky to escape with a win after such a huge investment.

The UFC's investment in Jones colored both the decision in the fight (no way Jones was going to lose a close one, even if he was clearly edged) and this post-fight comment from Dana. He could probably be thinking that Gus beat Jones and deserves an immediate rematch, but he'd never say that in a million years; it'd look ridiculously stupid considering everything the UFC has put behind the public concept of "Jon Jones the Unbeatable God Monster/Christian Role Model." That image has to be protected.

It's too bad for Gus, but it's not exactly surprising things shook out this way when you consider the external factors.

Of course Dana is going to say that.

He needs to protect his ca$h cows.

Dana was quick to throw Machida under the bus following the first Shogun fight; I think his eagerness to have the champ's back is directly proportional to how much he personally likes a guy.

Or maybe Dana just thought Jones won and made his peace.

Why do people use Danas opinion as a source of confirmation.. Why is Danas opinion more relevant than anyone else? Because he is the president of the UFC? No. His opinion matters just as much as mine and all of yours.

Plus, he's even more of a pathological liar than just about everyone else on the Internet.

It wasn't as one-sided as we're used to, but Jones won, IMO. Even having to agree with Dana White wont change that

Or maybe Dana just thought Jones won and made his peace.

He has to say Jones won, you moron; if you'd spent the past two and a half years hyping a guy up and preparing to build your company around him, you can't say he just lost a fight. It's bad for business, especially since it would run counter to everything they've done for almost three years. The UFC is a business, first and foremost, and Jones is the guy they invested in. He has to be protected.

If you're an American company, do you want an American wrestler you've spent three years hyping up as your champion, or do you want a swedish striker basically no one but hardcore fans had even heard about before December 2012?

I look forward to hearing your next ridiculously blind, obstinate riposte.

This just shows us that Dana is wrong.

Just because you think different means he is wrong ? Sorry to say that but you're not the center of earth.

He has to say Jones won, you moron; if you'd spent the past two and a half years hyping a guy up and preparing to build your company around him, you can't say he just lost a fight. It's bad for business, especially since it would run counter to everything they've done for almost three years. The UFC is a business, first and foremost, and Jones is the guy they invested in. He has to be protected.

If you're an American company, do you want an American wrestler you've spent three years hyping up as your champion, or do you want a swedish striker basically no one but hardcore fans had even heard about before December 2012?

I look forward to hearing your next ridiculously blind, obstinate riposte.

Easy little kid ... You didn't take you're meds or what ?

People see what they want to see and Jones has an army of Haters. He won 2,4 and 5. It was a close fight, but Jones won it. People need to get over and it and just look forward to the rematch. I know I am.

He'd rather score it for Jones than recognize his champ is illegitimate.

He has to say Jones won, you moron; if you'd spent the past two and a half years hyping a guy up and preparing to build your company around him,.

He has to say Jones won ?

No he does not and he has thrown Anderson under the bus, Machida and Jones under the bus.

Its Dana's opinion, you thinking he has a horse in this race is on you but its his opinion.

Last edited:
Just because you think different means he is wrong ? Sorry to say that but you're not the center of earth.

Easy little kid ... You didn't take you're meds or what ?

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bdddb970c-900wi

Right, this guy is the winner. And he got stretchered out to make Gus feel better, and stood with him and didn't wrestle him down and finish him off even though he could have done so at any time because he wanted to showcase his awesome standup skills and entertain the fans, right?

LOL, you really believe that.

Of course I do and the idea that you dont think dana really believe that is ridiculous.

If you think Jones didnt win thats fine but dont project that on Dana. He thought Jones won and thats his opinion and you have yours and we all have ours.

Of course I do and the idea that you dont think dana really believe that is ridiculous.

If you think Jones didnt win thats fine but dont project that on Dana. He thought Jones won and thats his opinion and you have yours and we all have ours.

It's the reasoning of why Dana says he thinks Bones won man.

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bdddb970c-900wi

Right, this guy is the winner.

He is indeed the winner and what does a picture of jones getting punched show. That was not the entire fight and Jones rocked Gus in the fourth and had him running and bludgeoned and had Gus hurt badly.

Gus never had Jones running but he put up a good fight and jones ultimately edged it out.

Last edited:
He is the indeed winner and what does a picture of jones getting punched show. That was not the entire fight and Jones rocked Gus in the fourth and had him running. Gus never had Jones running.

Said the judges, who absolutely always get everything right without fail, correct?

He lost the first 3 rounds and had a 30 second spurt of success after getting picked apart for the first 4.5 minutes of round. The ONLY round he solidly won was round 5. Gus edged the first 3 and arguably did enough for a draw in round 4. If Gus was so badly hurt, Jones would have finished one of his two takedown attempts following the elbow, but what happened? Gus stuffed him twice and shoved him to the ground afterward. Sounds real close to getting finished...not.

If you want to keep arguing Jones won, by all means do it. You're just clearly a minority view this time and have to see the fight with an innate bias and give Jones every benefit of the doubt possible for him to win.

Last edited:
Back