So Dana scored the fight for...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by PurpleDrank, Sep 23, 2013.

1. PurpleDrank

PurpleDrank Brown Belt

2. Bluesbreaker

Bluesbreaker Black Belt

This just shows us that Dana is wrong.

3. ROAR**

ROAR** Orange Belt

He wants to keep Jones as champ. He invested way too much to let some European have the possibility of a controversial fight looming.

Similar to Silva/ Weidman. Dana said rift after the fight Silca should be higher p4p and would still be a 2-1 favorite in the rematch and that he thought Silva will fight smarter, blah blah blah

4. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Everybody gets their opinion. I disagree, but I know a lot of people saw Jones as winning.

Unfortunately, I only know people who either HATE Jones, or they are dug into trenches to defend him. That leaves nobody to be objective.

5. ilfirin

ilfirin Silver Belt

Shocking, Dana siding with their current very marketable champ. Who in earth saw that one coming?!

6. MikeLovesTacosX

MikeLovesTacosX @mikelovestacosx

Why do people use Danas opinion as a source of confirmation.. Why is Danas opinion more relevant than anyone else? Because he is the president of the UFC? No. His opinion matters just as much as mine and all of yours.

7. slames

slames Yellow Belt

To say that he doesn't think there's any controversy about the decision makes me care less about hes opinion than any sherdog member.

8. PurpleDrank

PurpleDrank Brown Belt

I've watched the fight 5 times and still score it for Gus, people say it wasn't a robbery but I disagree. It was close but Gus definitely won the first 3 rounds. The judges scores disgust me.

9. EmeliankoFan1

EmeliankoFan1 Red Belt

It shows us that the fight was close and Dana chose Jones which many people thought won the fight.

The idea the Dana is wrong is ridiculous and I hope that is a joke.

10. GrantB13

GrantB13 Brown Belt

Lol. It seems like he always says there's no controversy on close fights.

11. Endziel

Endziel Blue Belt

First 3? Jones won rd. 3, and I became a Gus nuthugger since their fight. You could argue Gus won 4 minutes and 30 seconds of round 4, but then one elbow from Jones and Jones magically wins the round.

In my books Gus won 1 2 and 4 @48-47, but I can see it going to Jones as well. Like it did. I probably got Roganized.

12. EmeliankoFan1

EmeliankoFan1 Red Belt

One elbow that opened Gus's face up and than a bunch of flurries that had Gus bleeding and running in the other direction is more than just one elbow.

Jones had Gus rocked and hurt in that round and that is more than just an elbow.

13. feedhimbrah

feedhimbrah Orange Belt

Dana has to say this but inside he know gus won

14. JonCage

JonCage Green Belt

We all know Gus won. Dana even knows that himself. He didn't have the balls to score the fight at the press conference after the fight but now he is okay with that? Lol.

15. EmeliankoFan1

EmeliankoFan1 Red Belt

How do we know that Gus won when he didnt,

Maybe Dana thinks jones won as did many fight fans and people who watched it including myself. The idea of you conveying your thoughts as right is as comical as you saying Dana is wrong and Gus won.

Its your opinion and Dana has his opinion and they are opinions. Dana said he thinks jones won the fight and that is what he thinks and believes as do I and many others.

16. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

I don't call it a robbery.... but I do disagree. A lot of Gus-decriers or Jones fanboys want to point to that most of the rounds were close. But as far as I can tell, unless you subscribe to the Forrest-Griffin version of "winning the title" Jones didn't do it.

I also pointed out in a thread that FightMetric was just plain wrong. So I don't count that for anything, even when it said Gus outstruck I rolled my eyes.

The thing I'm continually baffled by is how people are giving Jones Round 5. I suppose it is for the takedown. But he didn't even make it into a controlled guard. To me it was as useful as the trip Gus had earlier in the fight.

Overall, round 5 was at best a draw for Jones, and only if you count the takedown. Meanwhile, round 3 was the most controversial to me.

I've watched it about a dozen times now just because it was so good. I've tried to see it from a pro-jones angle... and I guess I can see it if you're just wholly bias. But while his strikes were flashy, they often didn't land stiff.

A lot of people are saying Gus has an amazing chin. It's strong, no doubt... butmostly Jone's kicks were poor. Anyone who trains kickboxing or MT could tell you that.

17. JonCage

JonCage Green Belt

Majority of the fans and fighters scored the fight for Gus and i think they're right. Jones is a tough sob and an amazing fighter, but Gus is in my opinion a better fighter and i think he showed that.

And for the record, Dana is always going to back the champ. More money for them to make if Jones is the champ.

18. EmeliankoFan1

EmeliankoFan1 Red Belt

Most are not fanboys, Cheal sonnen himself said the fight was close and Jones elbows are what won him the fight.

Also if you know so much about Muay Thai and jones leg kicks being poor, throw him a tweet and let him know you can train him.

19. EmeliankoFan1

EmeliankoFan1 Red Belt

I have yet to see the poll of the majority of fighters saying Gus won, that didnt happen.

If Gus was or is a better fighter he would have won the fight or even won it convincingly but he didnt. Its a great line but its far from true and had it been true Gus would have won.

Also Dana does not always pick the champ, he has his own opinion as does Cheal and the people watching the fight who said Jones elbows won him the fight.

As I said its your opinion and they have theirs as I have mine.

20. JonCage

JonCage Green Belt

Watch the mma hour. Chael thought Gus won.