So Cowboy who is in shape and much more dangerous than Diaz accepted the fight

but the UFC went with Diaz who is out of training and can't even make the weight (while Cowboy just came out of an easy fight and would have no problem with weight or shape).

I see what you did there, Dana.
How do you know Cowboy would have no problem making weight? He just cut to make 170 hauncho.

I think there are athletic commission rules against fighting back to back like that. I think you need a certain minimum time between fights.

Ah, never mind. I checked. It's 30 days if you suffered a T/KO, got choked unconscious, or had a joint damaged. Since Cowboy won, his minimum is 7 days if he can pass medicals.

but the UFC went with Diaz who is out of training and can't even make the weight (while Cowboy just came out of an easy fight and would have no problem with weight or shape).

I see what you did there, Dana.
You see nothing, if you did see, you would have seen that Conor was about to fight the most dangerous fighter in any division not counting Jones, so it really does not matter which inferior fighter he fights to save this card.
You should thank Conor for going up two weight classes in 3 months time to entertain us while risking everything and just stfu.

Nate was an easy pick because not only will the fight itself be more interesting but Nate is by far the best drawing LW. To be honest, its

Did you just say Cowboy is more dangerous than Diaz when Diaz completely stomped Cowboy? What the hell are you smoking?

If cowboy is so much more dangerous than Nate then how come he got his ass kicked by Nate?

Honestly I hate McGregor but he was clearly up for fighting whoever. The UFC probably had the biggest say in what they wanted to risk in choosing his opponent

I'm all for the best fighting the best as well but as of now Khabib's workrate for the past few years rests at zero. He has a fitting challenge waiting for him in the form of Tony Ferguson. And it's the perfect fight for Fergie as well. Khabib "getting" the main event McGregor treatment would be a reward for inactivity. Unlike with Diaz who stepped his game up and beat a top contender in MJ just a while ago.
Conor isn't even ranked at 155, while Khabib is undefeated with 22 wins, with 6 wins in the UFC, including a relatively recent win over the current champ. To say that Khabib is somehow not worthy of fighting Conor fucking McGregor just because he's been out with an injury is insane. Also, everybody with a brain knows that Khabib is the worst style match-up for Conor, which was my original point and the real reason this fight isn't happening.

Cerrone is more dangerous than Diaz that even let Diaz kicked his ass. That's how dangerous he is.

after they saw cerrones last performance they went with diaz
that kick from cerrone would cut mcg in half

And what if Cerrone beat Conor?

Cerrone vs RDA rematch...It's too soon for that.

If Cerrone beats Conor then RDA fights the #1 LW contender like it should have been all along. This isn't rocket science bro.

Much more dangerous? lol go watch Nate vs Donald dummy.

Nate is a better fighter...was then and still is now, Cerrone would have folded if things didnt go his way...Nate will not

Nate is also a tougher matchup for Conor than Cerrone and I do not see how you cannot see that.

Majority of Fans voted for Diaz fight. Sorry you're in the minority and nobody gives a shit about your opinions

Nate destroyed Cowboy. Cerrone, while dangerous, is not nearly as durable as Nate. Nate takes a lot more punishment before crumbling. I think Nate gives us as fans a better fight whereas Cerrone doesn't escape the 1st round.

Much more dangerous? lol go watch Nate vs Donald dummy.

Nate is a better fighter...was then and still is now, Cerrone would have folded if things didnt go his way...Nate will not

Nate is also a tougher matchup for Conor than Cerrone and I do not see how you cannot see that.
this. Cerrone is a killer as long as the fight is going his way. See fights with Pettis, RDA, NATE DIAZ. Conor wrecks Cerrone. Nate makes it a fight. Would be interesting if Conor drops nate to his back and follows him to the mat.

When will you haters fuck off? Cowboy just got brutally finished by RDA. Even if Conor starched him it doesn't add much intrigue to the rescheduled RDA fight. In what way is the Cowboy who wilts under any pressure(mental or physical) more dangerous than someone who has longer reach than Conor, good cardio,and good bjj himself.

Do people even watch Cerrone fight anymore? He's been dropped by body shots twice, Pettis and RDA. People forget the first fight, where Cerrone put it on RDA at the end of the second, and easily won the third round but LOVE to bring up Diaz beating Cerrone half a decade ago.

Have you watched him fight? Seriously? EVERY FIGHTER he faces tries to pressure him. Every single one. And more often than not, they receive a big fat " L " for their troubles.

The people on this site speak in rhetoric. The same people who bash companies like ESPN for just spouting off redundant shit with no real analysis are the same people who say dumb shit like this.

this. Cerrone is a killer as long as the fight is going his way. See fights with Pettis, RDA, NATE DIAZ. Conor wrecks Cerrone. Nate makes it a fight. Would be interesting if Conor drops nate to his back and follows him to the mat.

SEE FIGHTS WITH BARBOZA, ALVAREZ, MILLER, GUILARD, OLIVIERA for fights that didn't start Cerrone's way, either. But all ended Cerrone's way.

Back