So Cowboy who is in shape and much more dangerous than Diaz accepted the fight

Every last one of the stupid motherfuckers who accuse him of ducking every time he's scheduled an opponent? I guarantee you these same people would be complaining that it wasn't Frankie, an Aldo rematch, or fucking Cerrone.
Then they would be idiots. Khabib is clearly the worst style match up for Conor out of the bunch. Does anybody here really want to argue otherwise?

When will you haters fuck off? Cowboy just got brutally finished by RDA. Even if Conor starched him it doesn't add much intrigue to the rescheduled RDA fight. In what way is the Cowboy who wilts under any pressure(mental or physical) more dangerous than someone who has longer reach than Conor, good cardio,and good bjj himself.

He is not hating, you're overreacting.

Do you honestly not think that out of the viable options Khabib is the worst match up for Conor?

Of course he is but just funny as fuck that when there's only a slight chance the fight might happpen then Khabib goes from injury prone boring ass lnp guy to celebrated hero here. Even if the fight would be some of the most horrible business in mma history. Thats the pull that Conor has here.

I mean how is the quality of a main event "silly shit"? Sorry it's retarded that a higher ranked, better candidate, who was in shape and training, got passed over for a guy whose 2-3 in his last 5.
I see where you're coming from, not gonna dispute your point. I'm just delighted Nate is getting a shot and the card is saved

My guess is Conor is already sitting around 170 and fighting at welter weight just means less of weight cut or no weight cut.

Of course he is but just funny as fuck that when there's only a slight chance the fight might happpen then Khabib goes from injury prone boring ass lnp guy to celebrated hero here. Even if the fight would be some of the most horrible business in mma history. Thats the pull that Conor has here.
How does pointing out that Conor and/or the UFC passed up on the toughest match up for him translate into Conor having a lot of "pull"? I agree that protecting the golden boy from the mean wrestler is smart business for the UFC, but I'm one of those weird fans who actually wants to see who the best fighter is.

This was the fight to make. Didn't think it would be at 170 but hey ho I can't wait for his fight.

Is nick still banned from cornering nate?

And what if Cerrone beat Conor?

Cerrone vs RDA rematch...It's too soon for that.

Cowboy folded mentally against RDA. He'll fold even harder against McGregor. His liver can't take a hit from anything Conor throws. Nate has a better chance of making the fight last longer, and can match up better in the mental department due to 209 crazies.
How do you know this?

NdIAPd0.gif

This is the only response needed. Cowboy didn't stand a chance against Nate. In no way is Cowboy a more dangerous opponent than Diaz for McGregor.

Cowboy is no way more dangerous than Nate.

How do you know this?

Empirical evidence. Guy folds in big fights. His record in the UFC proves it. He openly admits to puking before fights and doing extreme sports to get his mind off the fights so he doesn't burn out. On the other hand McGregor openly admits to being obsessed with the sport and can't get enough of it. Heck even Diaz got in Cowboy's head in their fight. Nate at least called out Conor and said he'll F him up, while Cowboy is all like "I'll do my best and have fun". People want champions who believe they're the best, not guys who're just there to have fun and lose.

Donald is the easier fight, he buckles in big fights and they don't come bigger than the mcgregorbowl.

I don't know which group is worse, the religious Conor fanatics or his anti-Christ tin foil hat wearing haters.

The guy moves up in weight to challenge the champion, stays on the card when RDA stubs his toe, and people still bitch.

I would rather see Nate fight Conor. I personally think Conor would KO cowboy pretty quickly. Cowboy does have good kicks but he's a slow starter with not all that great boxing.

How does pointing out that Conor and/or the UFC passed up on the toughest match up for him translate into Conor having a lot of "pull"? I agree that protecting the golden boy from the mean wrestler is smart business for the UFC, but I'm one of those weird fans who actually wants to see who the best fighter is.

I'm all for the best fighting the best as well but as of now Khabib's workrate for the past few years rests at zero. He has a fitting challenge waiting for him in the form of Tony Ferguson. And it's the perfect fight for Fergie as well. Khabib "getting" the main event McGregor treatment would be a reward for inactivity. Unlike with Diaz who stepped his game up and beat a top contender in MJ just a while ago.

I think there are athletic commission rules against fighting back to back like that. I think you need a certain minimum time between fights.

Back