So, Costa beat Boetsch....

Foolish

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
And Belcher lost, and Franklin got KO'ed by Le earlier this year. We're one Weidman loss away from a contenderless division, at this rate.

Although Costa/Weidman would be hilarious, we've suddenly got ourselves a very tangled up top 10 at MW. What matchups should be made next to sort the division out?

Being concise in this thread cause I can't think of anything to add. Nor will I say what my own ideas are.

weidman and costa will not fight each other- serra/longo camp

frankly- costa basically takes boetsch's spot- he doesn't have the marquee okami win but let's face it he's on a five fight win streak and just beat boetsch so now he's basically a fringe contender. one more win over a top opponent and he's right there. if vitor beats bisping then vitor vs. costa is actually a fairly obvious and enjoyable matchup...

weidman needs one win and he will be top contender. you could give him a fight with okami to really test his mettle against a guy with quite good grappling. frankly, given weidman's standup abilities, he seems like a nightmare matchup for okami at this point.

bisping will be fighting anderson if he beats vitor, that much we know.

basically if i had my wish, we'd see

Bisping vs. Vitor

if Bisping wins, he gets title shot. If Vitor wins, he fights Hector Lombard or Costa Philippou

Weidman vs. Okami

and if Bisping wins, Lombard vs. Jacare should he beat Ed Herman

Franklin wasn't a contender before the Le fight, and hasn't been a contender for the last 2-3 years :icon_conf

SF MWs coming...Le winning isn't too bad. Only the strong survive, and we've got the time to wait it out. All we need is Bisping to lose and we'll likely end up with the best available MW for Silva lol.

I'm annoyed at the costa fight tim was winning until the eye poke. It was obvious he was hindered by vision problems.

Costa vs Lombard would be a good fight.

I cant stand people with this history about eye poke, boetsch wasnt able to use his game in the whole fight, he was loosing standing and couldnt control costa on the ground when he had the chance, costa simply is a superior fighter and extremely underrated in sherdog.

I cant stand people with this history about eye poke, boetsch wasnt able to use his game in the whole fight, he was loosing standing and couldnt control costa on the ground when he had the chance, costa simply is a superior fighter and extremely underrated in sherdog.

Boetsch was absolutely winning before the eye poke.

To be tis just further reinforces the idea that while theres alot of good fighters at MW there arent any great ones besides Anderson.

Boetsch was absolutely winning before the eye poke.

eye pokes are part of the game. so are broken hands. GSP got poked against shields and looked considerably shittier in rounds 3, 4, and 5 for it than he had in rounds 1 and 2 where he completely shut shields down, power jabbed him across the cage, took him down, etc. eye poke emboldens shields to walk gsp down a lot and throws his strikes and hell one ref even gave jake two rounds for it.

its part of the game. sucks when it happens but it happens. didn't he have five minutes to recover? he didn't take it...

i think Rockhold talks to much i want to see him get tool'd by anderson after anderson tools bisping/belfort.

eye pokes are part of the game. so are broken hands. GSP got poked against shields and looked considerably shittier in rounds 3, 4, and 5 for it than he had in rounds 1 and 2 where he completely shut shields down, power jabbed him across the cage, took him down, etc. eye poke emboldens shields to walk gsp down a lot and throws his strikes and hell one ref even gave jake two rounds for it.

its part of the game. sucks when it happens but it happens. didn't he have five minutes to recover? he didn't take it...

They are part of the game the same way holding is part of the game in the NFL. The difference is that they don't penaltilize cheaters in mma

They are part of the game the same way holding is part of the game in the NFL. The difference is that they don't penaltilize cheaters in mma

Stop cryin man IMHO the fight was close until the poke, but the cut in tim's forehead was what make him lose this fight the same happened with machida when he fought Bonnes !

Stop cryin man IMHO the fight was close until, the poke, but the cut in tim's forehead was what make him lose this fight the same happened with machida when he fought Bonnes !

Well poking the eye is illegal and there is no penalty for it. It's not cryin, just fact. And it obviously affected the fight

people were talking about how stacked MW was looking and after tonight its looking bad to its old shitty depleted self...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back