So Conor can dish it out but can't take it?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by 91 seconds, Jan 10, 2020.

1. 91 seconds Disposable Hero

Don't you think it's bit ironic that the guy who built a career off bad mouthing fighters, getting personal, being an all around asshole during pressers has now became sort of a 'nice guy' all of a sudden? Was fighting Cerrone also a PR move because he was willing to not bring up any dirt McGregor has made since his last showing?

There are now quite a few stones laying outside
    the glass house he's built ripe for the picking that a few fighters would've taken advantage of. Seems to me like there were some "stipulations" made regarding this Cowboy fight, from standing and putting on a show to the UFC trying to repair this guy's image at the cost of hyping this fight. You have the immense cheating against Khabib and still resorting to giving up and tapping after all that smack he talked, to the old man at the bar and other things. I just find it funny we now all of a sudden get this humble Conor. It's kind of like that kid in school who would bully everyone in elementary but then ends up hardly growing after the 7th grade and now wants to be friends because everyone's caught up to him.

This is just more Dana/UFC strategically manipulating this guys career trajectory. Last thing they wanted for McGregor was to feel embarrassed in the lead up and humiliated in the cage. That may have finished him. Luckily Cerrone was on board for the welcome back party.

2. usernamee Silver Belt

I dunno, is there a presser coming up next week? I'm sure he'll talk some shit then

Maybe he is just focusing in 100% because he really needs to win this one

going around talking shit takes away from your focus and puts extra pressure on you

3. Canned Tuna Silver Belt

Oh, he can take it. That's how you get to the top in a business like this. Ultimate Warrior was an expensive male prostitute before they made him famous, you know.

4. Guffman Purple Belt

I'm sure it was emphasized by the UFC that he was not to bring up a lot of current events involving Conor. Probably wasn't even needed, really, as I've never known Cowboy to be a much of a trash talker, and as a good and long standing company man, would have instinctively known what was expected of him in this regard.

5. Topguntrophey Brown Belt

Where you been?

6. Dana's Moonface Silver Belt

If the shoe was on the other foot? Conor would be trashing Cowboy HARD

I expect them to share a drink and conor will just say Cowboy is a great fighter, just not on his level, blah blah

Cowboy will give a song and dance about how much Conor has done for the sport and will pretty much kiss his butt, before being emasculated before the whole world on January 18th

7. Lawrence Black Belt

Conor not shit talking because he is more focused on the "Man in the mirror"

[​IMG]

8. blewgums Vintage Buick Racing Bastard

Travelling, I work at many different ports
    Oh he took it all right......

Took it hard from Nate Diaz when Diaz fought him on short notice.

HE TOOK IT HARD!!!!

9. TimberGhost Blue Belt

Like him or not, Cowboy has always been a classy dude....and comes to fight.

10. AmericanMMA Brown Belt

He's just playing nice now because he has had a bunch of bad publicity recently, and hes fighting Cowboy who is a likable guy who doesn't talk shit.

Once he beats Cowboy he'll be calling Khabib's wife a towel in no time.

11. daltonames Black Belt

I highly doubt Cowboy agreed to "stand and put on a show". He may say that, but we all know he will and should be clinching and shooting from the opening bell.

12. tonil Red Card

do you think it's because those cases with the guy in the bar and sex assault accusations he is involved with ?

13. Dana's Moonface Silver Belt

100%

14. Guffman Purple Belt

I sure hope not. I want him to fight to win, period-like is done in every other sport.

15. CTE_Fan Blue Belt

that 70 year old guy in the bar probably stole connor's woman once she saw the footage .

16. bigconan Gold Belt

what's cerrone gonna say? "oh, big tough guy, hits an old man" conor : he got a big mouth and I smacked him for it".. simple....he can't bring up accusations, cause that's all they are...accusations...all conor has to say to that is...."it never happened"

17. bigconan Gold Belt

ya, and then conor came back and beat him...this time, conor actually had time to prepare of a 170lb fight, not a 155lb fight...and how come nate performed better the 1st right, if he allegedly had no camp?

18. blewgums Vintage Buick Racing Bastard

Travelling, I work at many different ports
    YES MA'AM!!!

You are the GOAT of Conor Nuthuggers!

19. Dragonslayer82 Banned Banned

He's being really careful. If he shit-talks and gets beaten by Cerrone, it' 10x the humiliation i.e vs Khabib. He took it so bad, he retired and has only just managed to get the courage to try his luck again.
    If he plays it safe and plays Mr Nice guy against Cowboy and gets beat, he's hoping it won't look so bad. If he wins then he can start mouthing off.

20. kflo Titanium Belt

not sure what this thread is about......

what can't he take and what evidence are you pointing to?