So Condit stole Lawler's soul?

Your memory is shot. Woodley won the first round, which is to be expected since he's more dangerous in the early rounds. Condit is a technical striker and needs time to work his game. Which he was doing. Condit was turning the tides in the second when the injury happened.
Condit wasn't "turning the tides" in the second. He was getting beat. Woodley would have easily won the first and second rounds if Condit didn't get injured. Condit fans, you need to learn how to accept a loss straight up. Condit lost that fight.

Condit wasn't "turning the tides" in the second. He was getting beat. Woodley would have easily won the first and second rounds if Condit didn't get injured. Condit fans, you need to learn how to accept a loss straight up. Condit lost that fight.

You don't know what you're talking about. Go watch the fight. Condit was pressing forward and winning the exchanges when the takedown happened. Condit was injured on the takedown. From there Woodley laid on him until Condit got back up and got kicked in the leg, which ended it. The fight was effectively over on the takedown, when the injury occurred. In the best case scenario, you could argue nothing happened before the injury occurred in the second. Which is probably the most accurate assessment, since it was so early in the round. In either event, it makes my point. Woodley won the first round, and Condit got injured on a takedown in the second.

You don't know what you're talking about. Go watch the fight. Condit was pressing forward and winning the exchanges when the takedown happened. Condit was injured on the takedown. From there Woodley laid on him until Condit got back up and got kicked in the leg, which ended it. The fight was effectively over on the takedown, when the injury occurred. In the best case scenario, you could argue nothing happened before the injury occurred in the second. Which is probably the most accurate assessment. In either event, it makes my point.

I do know what I'm talking about. Condit was getting slammed with that right hand. I understand Condit was injured by a takedown but it was in a fight he was effectively going to lose anyways. Woodley was easily beating him. I'm not debating this anymore. Learn how to accept a loss without making excuses.

I do know what I'm talking about. Condit was getting slammed with that right hand. I understand Condit was injured by a takedown but it was in a fight he was effectively going to lose anyways. Woodley was easily beating him. I'm not debating this anymore. Learn how to accept a loss without making excuses.

You're basing this on nothing other than the fact that he lost the first round. "He lost the first round, he was going to lose anyways." That's... that's not how it works. If you don't think tearing your ACL defending a takedown only moments into the second round is a legit reason for an asterisk on someone's win, then I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe Woodley would beat Condit in a rematch. Maybe he would. I don't know. The point is nobody here knows, because we didn't get to see the first fight happen. We got to see a one round fight. And, what we saw in that one round fight, was Woodley slowing down and Condit picking up as the round closed out. Cardio is part of Condit's advantage in that fight as well as a core component of that fight's narrative and we didn't get to see it play out.

Last edited:
Back