So Bummed McG Has Another BS Fight.....

Aldo had a 14 month camp.

Mendes was more prepared than he claims tho and Conor was injured.

Ive seen this claim so many times. Post some proof that conor was injured in that fight. According to him he was able to kick 2 weeks before the fight so sounds like he healed up. Unless you can post an xray or something?

Diaz is a lot bigger challenge then some are making it seem.

You know what sucks? McGregor didn't beat the best possible version of Mendes (healthy, full camp, preparation, etc.)... and it will be the same with Diaz.

I'd like to see McGregor fight against the best possible version of these guys.

I disagree with your premise. While plenty of fighters have taken short notice fights. And while it's true that some fighters refuse to fight under such circumstances, they're not making the kind of money that Conor is making. I'm sure that extra money was thrown into the pot, on top of his already exorbitant base salary, so he has plenty of motivation to take the fight. And, importantly, his belt isn't on the line. He's fighting a less dangerous fighter, for more money, and has the built-in excuse of fighting at WW. It's a pretty easy business decision.

What about his salary is exorbitant?

He's never been a true FW, anyway.

Can you elaborate on this, as I don't quite get it. Oh and just before you do, here's a few facts on him & FW:

1) He has fought at FW 18/21 times.
2) 2/3 times he fought at lightweight is because his FW opponent pulled out, so he moved up

RDA is shook.

I'm utterly shocked that RDA is clean to be honest, his natty T levels must be retardedly high. It's hard to even view Anthony Pettis as a man after the physical domination that was bestowed upon him by RDA. He made Pettis seem like a teenager. I was really looking forward to the fight even though RDA is open to punches and would just have been KO'd in 5 seconds.

The level of delusion Conor fans have become capable of is impressive

> Makes FW limit 7 times in the UFC

> Isn't a FW

Fuck off. You are a hater. Do you think RDA would fight an elite MW on 2 weeks notice? I'm not saying he has to fight the champ, but how about Yoel or Machida?

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I inject some reality into your fantasy ?

GET THIS CONOR FANS... SHOW ME WHERE ANY... AND I MEAN A-N-Y UFC CHAMPION HAS TALKED THIS 3 BELT SHIT BEFORE.

I don't recall RDA saying he was going after 3 belts. Nice try for a deflection, though.

Candy assed butt aching fanboi to the highest degree. Ohhhh... Conor won again... my life actually means something, now. And no small measure of bandwagon jumping assholes, too.

It's worse for Conor's originally opponents when they miss the first opportunity to fight him the first time, because they see him demolish the stand in fighter and they are like shit, I still have to fight this guy.

It's true conor has balls taking these last minute replacements when he has so much to lose here, total respect for that. but to be fair, after RDA pulled out they let him pick his opponent.

What about his salary is exorbitant?
"Exorbitant" was probably the wrong word. My point is that people point to fighters like Jones and Werdum to illustrate that Conor is ballsier than other fighters, but the reality is that: 1) Conor's belt isn't on the line; and 2) He's making significantly more money than other fighters who have refused to take a late replacement opponent. Do I think Conor is ballsy? Absolutely. But it's a faulty narrative to suggest that he's ballsier than other guys, when those other guys had more on the line, for less money. If Conor loses, his hype would lose a bit of steam. But he'd still be the FW champ and could fall back on the idea that he was jumping two weight classes. It's a relatively small risk for a large financial reward.

"Exorbitant" was probably the wrong word. My point is that people point to fighters like Jones and Werdum to illustrate that Conor is ballsier than other fighters, but the reality is that: 1) Conor's belt isn't on the line; and 2) He's making significantly more money than other fighters who have refused to take a late replacement opponent. Do I think Conor is ballsy? Absolutely. But it's a faulty narrative to suggest that he's ballsier than other guys, when those other guys had more on the line, for less money. If Conor loses, his hype would lose a bit of steam. But he'd still be the FW champ and could fall back on the idea that he was jumping two weight classes. It's a relatively small risk for a large financial reward.

1) Conors claim to the the title shot is on the line though.
2) All the more reason not to take a fight he is not prepared for, it would jeopardize future earning potential.

Look, maybe if the others took these chances then they too would be earning more money. McGregors attitude since day one has been he's the best in the FW division, so it doesn't matter who's in front of him. If you're the champ, you should be able to beat everyone.

He is ballsier than the other two. Ballsier is taking a risk. Conor is not going to continue getting paid if he loses fights. He gets paid big money because at the end of the day, he is winning, let's not forget that.

Instead of being bummed about fill ins, TS should be happy we have a fighter like Conny Mac who's willing to save a card by fighting whoever at whatever weight class.

More than I can say for Eyepoker.

1) Conors claim to the the title shot is on the line though.
2) All the more reason not to take a fight he is not prepared for, it would jeopardize future earning potential.

Look, maybe if the others took these chances then they too would be earning more money. McGregors attitude since day one has been he's the best in the FW division, so it doesn't matter who's in front of him. If you're the champ, you should be able to beat everyone.

He is ballsier than the other two. Ballsier is taking a risk. Conor is not going to continue getting paid if he loses fights. He gets paid big money because at the end of the day, he is winning, let's not forget that.
Look, I understand that Conor's your hometown guy. And I certainly don't have anything against the guy. He's definitely brought some excitement to the game. But it's much easier to be ballsy when it's not your title on the line. History is littered with guys who are ballsy on their journey to the title, but immediately pump the brakes and defend their title as seldom as possible. Conor's situation is a bit different because he's choosing to move up and take on challenges in a different weight class; but it's not entirely unrelated, as he got the strap and immediately decided not to defend it (thus holding on to what he has). Again, it's easier to be ballsy when it's not your title on the line.

I agree but questions will hopefully be answered after Sat. Like the fighting midgets vs bigger opponents question. If he loses, well...

Not really because the immediate responses to it are Nate didn't have a full camp and Conor used to fight at 155. This fight serves no purpose outside for a chance for a Diaz to add another L to their pitiful UFC record.

Look, I understand that Conor's your hometown guy. And I certainly don't have anything against the guy. He's definitely brought some excitement to the game. But it's much easier to be ballsy when it's not your title on the line. History is littered with guys who are ballsy on their journey to the title, but immediately pump the brakes and defend their title as seldom as possible. Conor's situation is a bit different because he's choosing to move up and take on challenges in a different weight class; but it's not entirely unrelated, as he got the strap and immediately decided not to defend it (thus holding on to what he has). Again, it's easier to be ballsy when it's not your title on the line.

But don't you think that is more ballsy?

We have seen a champion defend his belt numerous times. What everyone wanted, what everyone always called for was a superfight. Anderson vs GSP. Jones Vs Weidman. Champion vs Champion.
Conor was trying to give us that!

It's very related. Everyone said RDA was a bigger, badder, stronger Edgar. If Conor got steamrolled by RDA, then everyone could rejoice in the thinking Edgar could do the same. What does Conor have to do? Defend against Edgar? Then against Mendes? Then rematch Aldo?

He wants to fight every 3-4 months. If he goes the way he wants, he'll be the most active champion the UFC has and he's risking everything, his entire aura is built around being the best fighter on the roster. If he loses at LW or even WW, then it puts that talk to bed.

Your lucky we are getting to see McGregor fight at all

Every other fighter on the roster would have pulled out and waited for their title shot when RDA healed

Yeah, like that time TJ had a change of opponent within 24 hours of his title fight.......oh wait.....

Last edited:
This fight still answers questions though, given Nate is a taller fighter with longer reach. We haven't seen Conor against someone like that yet

Back