So beating Cody twice makes you GOAT BW?

Apparently.. lost to Cody once and layoff for years make you GOAT BW.

Just relax... there are at least 10-15 fighters that people claim GOAT and number increases every PPV.

I haven't actually checked dom's record but if a personal best of 4 win streak for TJ is what makes you a goat in a division...

assuming a base line of at least top 5 fighter every fight, who you beat matters very little compared to win/loss ratio and win streaks. A best of 4 win streak is horrible, most divisions that would hardly even get you a title shot let alone make you a division goat-which regularly requires 5+ title defenses meaning 10+ win streak.

Great wins for TJ. But in typical Sherdog fashion- Cody suddenly was never that good. Why the GOAT talk? We all know Cruz dominated for way longer, and actually beat TJ.

I assume you just started watching MMA this year.

Joe Rogan says so

Also beating a guy you already beat 1 fight later edges you to goat status

In terms of who is a better fighter, I think it is a close debate, just like their first fight was. Now let them fight again like Hughes and GSP did. No excuses, no "I was injured" "off the couch" none of that crap. Just let them fight again and see if there is a clear winner the second time. If Cruz doesn't fight him again, TJ controls his own destiny. If he keeps beating the top guys he can eventually leave Dom in the dust in this debate. If Dom beats him and then retires, I'd have to say it's Dom and that's that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back