So assuming WW3 does goes down..

but because of modern globalization, if the dollar collapses, everyone collapses.

Yes, the world is all fiat now. Gold would become rather precious though, so if you could stockpile it in advance you might be able to come out ahead.

US reliance on technology has not been a dispositive factor in its wars since WWII. In fact, it's had a piss-poor success rate with its superior technology, so I wouldn't use that as a trump card in a conventional war against Russia and China. I would also add Field Marshall Montgomery's wisdom:

Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: "Do not march on Moscow". Various people have tried it, Napoleon and Hitler, and it is no good. That is the first rule. I do not know whether your Lordships will know Rule 2 of war. It is: "Do not go fighting with your land armies in China". It is a vast country, with no clearly defined objectives.

Yes, the world is all fiat now. Gold would become rather precious though, so if you could stockpile it in advance you might be able to come out ahead.

I can't see how pegging your currency on gold would be a good idea during a world war where massive price fluctuations would be common place, but hey, who knows.

US reliance on technology has not been a dispositive factor in its wars since WWII. In fact, it's had a piss-poor success rate with its superior technology, so I wouldn't use that as a trump card in a conventional war against Russia and China. I would also add Field Marshall Montgomery's wisdom:

US toppled Iraq and Afghanistan in a matter of weeks... they won't be trying to 'nation build' in Moscow and Beijing.

I can't see how pegging your currency on gold would be a good idea during a world war where massive price fluctuations would be common place, but hey, who knows.

I think you'd be looking at the least worst options. I'm just thinking in terms of being able to pay your military and keep government functioning.

If you could do that, it could give you a leg up over an adversary that was more dysfunctional.

Wars cost a lot of money.

I think you'd be looking at the least worst options. I'm just thinking in terms of being able to pay your military and keep government functioning for a while.

It would make sense for Russia to peg their economy on their natural gas instead of gold, to be quite honest.

Russia and China aren't going to be working together, and we will never, ever be in a position agian to resist anything that China wants to do.

China could take Taiwan if they wanted to risk huge casualties and heavy economic damage. That's about it.

It would make sense for Russia to peg their economy on their natural gas instead of gold, to be quite honest.

Either way, a gold hoard would let anyone survive a dollar collapse because the purchasing power of gold would just go up. You could pay for a war that way.

I'm sure there are lots of factors, but I think a dollar collapse would certainly shake things up.

if ww3 starts I'm pretty sure there won't be any nukes used, the war would be very different from what people saw in ww1 and ww2.
Lots of politics, bureaucratic bs, media propaganda, at the end capitalism emerges as a victor.

My country would feel ww3 because looking geographically at the map we are fucked most likely other European countries wouldn't even see any difference - denmark, norway, spain, england etc.

the war would start and end in a week, the actual war I mean, latter it would move onto stabilizing regions or other bs propaganda terminology

Either way, a gold hoard would let anyone survive a dollar collapse because the purchasing power of gold would just go up. You could pay for a war that way.

With half the countries in the world putting full trade embargos on China and with the likely blockade of that nation, it would be impossible to sell the gold as much as they want. They might survive, or they might be hit as hard as the dollar war (which won't collapse, per se, since the Fed can just buy a ludicrous amount of debt, but will immensely weaken).

china will not fight in w3, too many factories to lose.

Russia will need allies but I'm thinking more like Libya, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan etc. anyways they will never win this war

With half the countries in the world putting full trade embargos on China and with the likely blockade of that nation, it would be impossible to sell the gold as much as they want. They might survive, or they might be hit as hard as the dollar war (which won't collapse, per se, since the Fed can just buy a ludicrous amount of debt, but will immensely weaken).

I'm thinking in more immediate terms, of being able to pay your soldiers and manufacturers. International trade would certainly take a massive hit.

It'll probably be Russia, China, Iran, Egypt vs NATO, Georgia, Japan, Australia?

Who wins this? Probably nobody. Do you think nukes would be used in the end?

china, iran and egypt pretty much don't have the capability to project their power.. the fight is pretty much over once nato gains air superiority..

No one wins WWIII, and everyone who matters - Putin, Obama etc etc - is well aware of this. So it will not happen.

Jewish Aliens. I think that should be the premise for the next Leprechaun movie....
Gray skin, curly hair, and funny hats?

I don't think we will ever see a WW3. History has shown it never works out for the aggressor.

The businesses that produce and invest in war only.

No one wins WWIII, and everyone who matters - Putin, Obama etc etc - is well aware of this. So it will not happen.

This, human population would extinct

unless they made an agreement about not using Nuclear Power, but still after the war Poverty everywhere, and the world comes back to dark ages

It'll probably be Russia, China, Iran, Egypt vs NATO, Georgia, Japan, Australia?

Who wins this? Probably nobody. Do you think nukes would be used in the end?

I am sure Pakistan will join China and Russia too. I wonder who India will side with, and Latin Murica will join.

If there is one certainty based on historical evidence: We will have another big war. It is just a matter of time.

Russia and China just don't have the allies.
Think about it. Let's use GFP as our ranking basis
It would be Russia (2nd strongest nation militarily), China (3rd), Egypt (13th), Iran (22nd), Syria (26th), North Korea (36th)
vs
The USA (1st), India (4th), UK (5th), France (6th), Germany (7th), South Korea (9th), Japan (10th), Israel (11th), Italy (12th), Canada (16th), Taiwan (17th), Poland (18th), Australia (20th), Saudi Arabia (25h), Spain (28th), Philippines (37th) etc. etc.

I am trying to think who would even jump to Russia and China... Indonesia? That's honestly the only country I could see.

Take them out, they do not even count as an ally. they are the biggest bitch fest ever. They have all these weapons but afraid to get a little blood on there uniforms or gear

Back