Media So Artem's Strategy is gonna be Clinch Striking..Are MMA Fighters really better in the Clinch?

My God some of you. Lets put it this way. Artem would have lasted less than a round against Cotto. Where is Artem in the Boxrec database? I can't find him.

Paulie always executes his team's game plan and has great timing and the skill to keep fights on the outside. The guy is very good at pivoting (changing angles) and fighting off of his back foot . How will Artem get to the inside? He has horrible head movement. He will walk into shot after shot from Paulie until the fight is stopped.

Letting a non-boxer get in the ring against a guy who won two world titles in two different weight classes in boxing is borderline criminal. No wonder many states wouldn't sanction this.

DOUBLE CHAMP's FACE WILL REMAIN UNTOUCHED AND BEAUTIFUL.
Paulie-Malignaggi-Bespoke-Suit-Tailored.jpg
Paulie would be dead inside a round against Cub Sawnson.

why do mma fans think theres no clinching in boxing, its not the same type of clinching and usually gets broken up, but to think theres no clinching in boxing..
Boxing clinching is going in with a punch then grabbing him by the waist so the ref breaks you up and he can't punch back. That or do a little headlock. Maybe you can sneak in a light shot to the body before the ref tells you to stop. Big difference from full sustained strikes in the clinch

Boxing clinching is going in with a punch then grabbing him by the waist so the ref breaks you up and he can't punch back. That or do a little headlock. Maybe you can sneak in a light shot to the body before the ref tells you to stop. Big difference from full sustained strikes in the clinch

and how did that theory work out for Conor? It didn't.. boxers can clinch, they clinch until forced apart.. Watch Holyfield.. he used to do some dirty shit out of the sight of the ref in the clinch, lots of guys do.. No its not part of the game like MMA, but it is part of the game to make it a dog fight..

Of course Artem intends to clinch, I mean his arms aren't long enough to reach Paulie outside of the clinch after all

and how did that theory work out for Conor? It didn't.. boxers can clinch, they clinch until forced apart.. Watch Holyfield.. he used to do some dirty shit out of the sight of the ref in the clinch, lots of guys do.. No its not part of the game like MMA, but it is part of the game to make it a dog fight..
you realize this isn't boxing rules like Conor fought under right?

Without knees, elbows or takedowns/sweeps allowed I dont think theres really much if any advantage an MMA fighter would have over a boxer in the clinch. Boxers have clinch skills themselves ie tying up at the right moments, getting in dirty shots at close range etc. Plus its not like BKB lets guys go at it in the clinch indefinitely. They're a bit more lenient with it than in regular boxing but you're still unlikely to get more than 10 seconds to work before the ref breaks it up.

you realize this isn't boxing rules like Conor fought under right?
Yes, I'm not a stupid Conor fan. I don't believe clinching is going to prove much. This is still probably a hand to hand combat model that still benefits boxers more, since MMA fighters can't do 90% of what they do. It evens it up for them a little perhaps because they can get away with some dirty shit.

Without knees, elbows or takedowns/sweeps allowed I dont think theres really much if any advantage an MMA fighter would have over a boxer in the clinch. Boxers have clinch skills themselves ie tying up at the right moments, getting in dirty shots at close range etc. Plus its not like BKB lets guys go at it in the clinch indefinitely. They're a bit more lenient with it than in regular boxing but you're still unlikely to get more than 10 seconds to work before the ref breaks it up.
It's the contards going back to the clinch magic again. they thought this with Floyd too. And his weird angles.. lol.

Paulie admitting he was scared of Artems clinch lmao

so much for the boxing clinch crowd. There are very few boxers not only now but historically that had developed infighting/clinch games. Paulie wasnt one of them

Paulie admitting he was scared of Artems clinch lmao

so much for the boxing clinch crowd. There are very few boxers not only now but historically that had developed infighting/clinch games. Paulie wasnt one of them

This probably deserves its own thread.

I think it's interesting that Pauli acknowledged Artem's clinch game, even went so far as to say "that's his specialty".

If Pauli is to be believed, that singular clinch was where Artem did his only damage.

Also interesting that Pauli worked with Serra/ Longo. I must say that he appeared to hold his own. Artem didn't completely control him in the clinch like I expected.

Back