Media So Artem's Strategy is gonna be Clinch Striking..Are MMA Fighters really better in the Clinch?

This is one of the most interesting things about the boxing vs MMA debate...How would a boxer fair against an MMA fighter if Clinch Striking was aloud(Punching of course).

Artem seems to think that Paulie will be weak in the clinch because it isn't really used in boxing.

Time Stamped.

Conor claimed the same thing before he fought Floyd

Of course we all saw Floyd destroy Conor in the clinch, Conor never outmuscles him...Floyd destroyed him in it..Granted Conor couldn't use his hands like in MMA but this is prove that boxers aren't that bad in the clinch like MMA fighters think.

After the fight, Conor said Floyd was strong in the clinch on his instagram

So it's Artem wrong for thinking Paulie will automatically suck in the clinch?

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F839698260%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

We if one listens to MMA Analysts / pundits, they are constantly grappling & struggling with how best to apply their art. They so often themselves in the very shoes they claim they wear so well then don't.
I see what u did there! LOL

This is different from traditional boxing, the tie clinch is leagal in bear knuckle.

Artem is right. I been saying it all along. Paulie never spent time fighting off a thai clinch. Artem is a much stronger man physically. Paulie will have nowhere to run.

I can't wait to see Paulies eyeballs get huge once he feels this pressure.

This is one of the most interesting things about the boxing vs MMA debate...How would a boxer fair against an MMA fighter if Clinch Striking was aloud(Punching of course).

Artem seems to think that Paulie will be weak in the clinch because it isn't really used in boxing.

Time Stamped.

Conor claimed the same thing before he fought Floyd

Of course we all saw Floyd destroy Conor in the clinch, Conor never outmuscles him...Floyd destroyed him in it..Granted Conor couldn't use his hands like in MMA but this is prove that boxers aren't that bad in the clinch like MMA fighters think.

After the fight, Conor said Floyd was strong in the clinch on his instagram

So it's Artem wrong for thinking Paulie will automatically suck in the clinch?

Conor took Floyd’s back repeatedly in the clinch, he should have suplexed him into the 5th row

WTF are you talking about?

I literally said that it seems boxers are good in the clinch...I was simply asking a question.

Im rooting for Paulie, dumbass...and I think paulie will win.
When I wrote "YOU" I meant most of sherdog
If I was comin at you, I would quote you

Last edited:
I hope Paulie KOs Artem
Just to see your reaction
Pro boxer with street fight exp> bum MMA fighter who can't reach his own pockets

^This

Just the other day I was trying to explain this to some dumbass on here. He was acting like Artem is this savage street fighting gangster and Paulie is some kind of Hollywood pretty boy who’s never been in a real fight.

This idea what boxers dont clinch as much as MMA fighters is just funny. It tells me people.have no idea what they are talking about. Not every ref enforces the break as fast or often as others.

Plenty of fighters dirty box like Bernard Hopkins. Holyfield did it to Tyson, Lennnox Lewis did it. It's not something foreign to boxing. Ricky Hatton a guy Paulie fought made a living off clinching and throwing body punches inside.

Artem really shot himself in the foot with such a statement. No knowledge at all about inside fighting in pro boxing it seems. Lets hope his coaching staff isnt that uneducated.

Could very well be that Malinaggi doesnt want to fight on the inside and isnt that proficient there but pro boxing in general the statement is just nonsense.

He should be be forced to watch Roberto Durans fights 10x.

^This

Just the other day I was trying to explain this to some dumbass on here. He was acting like Artem is this savage street fighting gangster and Paulie is some kind of Hollywood pretty boy who’s never been in a real fight.

This is exactly the narrative being pushed lol

^This

"Malignaggi used to violate school rules. He regularly got involved in street fights, using knives and sometimes guns. He was eventually expelled from high school for street fights and ditching classes."
From his wiki

Conor was wearing boxing gloves so couldn’t get adequate grip
Artem can
Paulie should win anyway
Conor was easily controlling Floyd even with boxing gloves. The difference in boxing is that you cant throw strikes while in there so it had no benefit.

"Malignaggi used to violate school rules. He regularly got involved in street fights, using knives and sometimes guns. He was eventually expelled from high school for street fights and ditching classes."
From his wiki
Confirmed Paulie writes his own wiki.

wrong cuz boxers do learn i believe how to attack and defend, outside collar ties maybe, with no knees allowed i would be surprised lobov had sig advantage in clinch if at all.

i think biggest weapon for lobov is literally his head. hope paulie break his hands punching him.
The thing is there is no ref breakup in bkb and you can punch from a collar tie or clinch, I didn't know that

Last edited:
Pauly will be fine in the clinch

Illegal moves get drilled during training

why do mma fans think theres no clinching in boxing, its not the same type of clinching and usually gets broken up, but to think theres no clinching in boxing..

Back