So, are we fans going to take a stand or what???

Hardcore fans of MMA, after all those mind games with who gets banned for life and who gets a slap on the wrist, are you still going to keep quiet about the issue of banned substance or what? I, as a real fan, I will not ever order any MMA until they show me the all tests results of Jon Jones, and why he got away with murder!

The whole reason of why I watch MMA is to see who is the toughest guy without cheating, but if I wanted to see a corrupt sport that doesn't care about who is cheating and just who is winning, then I will tune into something else. I hope you guys take a stand and stop ordering those big events until this issue is resolved.

More crying about Jones and the new Coup de grace for his detractors and cry babies. Now all of a sudden these are the white knights and champions of MMA virtue but we know what it really is about. It is the same dog and pony act from the babies on sherdog.

You cant ban someone for doing recreational drugs like cocaine when he is out on his personal time with his buddies or some babes, so that is not going to happen. Jones failed on cocaine usage and nothing else and did it on his personal time. If jones wants to smoke cocaine, crack or Marjuana on his personal time, then that is his choice and his right to do that. Cocaine is not a PED and is not a banable offense and a recreational drug of many MMA fighters and men and women.

Someones personal time and what they do with it is none of your business and his cocaine usage/play is none of our business outside of his.

Last edited:
You can buy muscles, but you can

I don't care too much about his cocaine addiction. He can talk his way out of it, as far as I'm concerned.

But his T/E ratio of 0.19/1 should be further explained.

That said, regarding the wider problems of drugs in MMA, as someone whos looked at doping in sport for many many years.

Yes its a problem, as it is in all sports, but one thing ive noticed over the last year is the development of the fans knowledge of doping, and also there is a relative amount of knowledge flowing around.

The jones situation is a case in point. Yes, there are huge problems in that his T/E ratios havnt been investigated by authorities, there are huge inconsistencies in bans, and a totally messed up situation with various athletics commissions, but MMA even with its problems (which can be fixed) is a long way ahead of other sports.

Tennis - where players regularly are out "injured" for 6 months when they are actually serving secret bans that the ITF likes to keep secret.
Football - where the lack of anti doping is a total joke and FIFA and UEFA pretend there isnt even a problem

ANd fans of both those sports argue vehamently that doping cant replace technical skill or ability (but ignore the fact that football teams are able to maintain insane pace for 90 minutes, or tennis players are able to play five setters and take to the court the next day fresh as a daisy).

The biggest problem with doping in sport is denial by fans and governing authorities. At least there are elements of the MMA community that are asking questions, which is a start.

In the jones case weve seen the test results, yes, there are questions raised from them that havnt been explained, but its a step ahead of sports that either dont test, refuse to make tests public, or when a positive happens just sweep it under the rug.

I don't care too much about his cocaine addiction. He can talk his way out of it, as far as I'm concerned.

But his T/E ratio of 0.19/1 should be further explained.

Everyone involved has said there is no problem. How many different people need to say it?

I don't really give a shit.

Maybe you will when athletes start dropping dead.

We saw it multiple times in cycling, and how many unexplained deaths in football from heart probles.

I'm not taking a stand. If you want to, though, go right ahead. I used to care about stuff when I was younger too. Fight the power. Damn the man. Etc.

I'm with you ts. I won't be ordering tonight's event on ppv

I'm going to watch just as many fights.

When it comes to fighters weird nuances away from the cage, I don't care and can't get caught up in all the fair weather fruitcakes that are fixating on everything BUT the fights.

I watch MMA for the fights.

You can turn it into a bad soap opera all you want.....enjoy.

But I'll watch the fights.

Maybe you will when athletes start dropping dead.

We saw it multiple times in cycling, and how many unexplained deaths in football from heart probles.

The sport will always have an issue with fighters trying to get an edge but it does not mean that sherdog and its groupies jump to conclusions every time someone gets hit for drug usage.

Nevada commission already stated that Jon Jones tests results show no signs of doping. The commission already stated jones test results show no signs of doping or anything else.

So you hated PRIDEFC ts? Most really enjoyed it. Some clamor for its return.

Meet me at the local mall in an hour. I tried the post office last week and was taken into custody.

Hardcore fans of MMA, after all those mind games with who gets banned for life and who gets a slap on the wrist, are you still going to keep quiet about the issue of banned substance or what? I, as a real fan, I will not ever order any MMA until they show me the all tests results of Jon Jones, and why he got away with murder!

The whole reason of why I watch MMA is to see who is the toughest guy without cheating, but if I wanted to see a corrupt sport that doesn't care about who is cheating and just who is winning, then I will tune into something else. I hope you guys take a stand and stop ordering those big events until this issue is resolved.

So tell us again, what banned substance did Jones get caught with?

So you hated PRIDEFC ts? Most really enjoyed it. Some clamor for its return.

Pride was notorious for doping issues and allegations within its sport but those fighters were not Jonny.

Lets be clear about the issue for a lot of the babies. Liddell and many others have probably perused cocaine and women, so that should not be an issue outside of jones health.

The sport will always have an issue with fighters trying to get an edge but it does not mean that sherdog and its groupies jump to conclusions every time someone gets hit for drug usage.

Nevada commission already stated that Jon Jones tests results show no signs of doping. The commission already stated jones test results show no signs of doping or anything else.

Yeh, and the UCI told us for ten years that Lance Armstrong was clean :D

NSAC are pretty clueless to be fair.

Nevada commission: Jon Jones tests results show no signs of doping

The commission already stated jones test results show no signs of doping.

If this is in fact true, it won't matter to Jones haters. He must be punished for the results of an unauthorized test that provided evidence of recreational drug use.

Hmm.. I have an idea, lets make is fair. All UFC fighters will undergo unscheduled testing for cocaine metabolites and lets see how many pop-hot. I wonder how many would be positive? Then they can all be punished together. /sigh

Yes I agree, UFC will get no money from me until they stop being corrupt (which will never happen).

It's just gradually turning into pro wrestling.

Back