So, are we fans going to take a stand or what???

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Hardcore fans of MMA, after all those mind games with who gets banned for life and who gets a slap on the wrist, are you still going to keep quiet about the issue of banned substance or what? I, as a real fan, I will not ever order any MMA until they show me the all tests results of Jon Jones, and why he got away with murder!

The whole reason of why I watch MMA is to see who is the toughest guy without cheating, but if I wanted to see a corrupt sport that doesn't care about who is cheating and just who is winning, then I will tune into something else. I hope you guys take a stand and stop ordering those big events until this issue is resolved.

I'm a fan of MMA, I'm not a creep who needs to know all the recreational ins and outs of someone else's blood.

Cage-grabbing and illegal foul shots affect the fairness of a fight more directly than any of that shit anyway.

I'm a fan of MMA, I'm not a creep who needs to know all the recreational ins and outs of someone else's blood.

Cage-grabbing and illegal foul shots affect the fairness of a fight more directly than any of that shit anyway.

Like jones did vs cormier :p

I don't care about drugs of abuse. Let people do what they want and stop being a judgmental prick.

Agreed.

Additionally, if I'm not mistaken, the test conducted that provided the illicit results not authorized. How the hell can you crucify someone--expecting the unauthorized results to be provided--when testing for recreational drugs was not supposed to occur?

Still no explanation on how Jones had the t/e levels of a 80yr old woman.

Yeah that too, this guy keeps poking eyes and no points deducted and got away with it way too many times. How can you win a fight when you have a blurred vision?

Still no explanation on how Jones had the t/e levels of a 80yr old woman.

Which so far most of the people in this thread are not cognizant of, apparently.

Matt-Hughes.gif

Thread.

He's talking about Jones taking Steroids. Not the positive test for cocaine.

This won't go anywhere. I've been a fan since UFC 1 and after many years of watching I've come to the conclusion that there are three groups of UFC competitors:
Guys cheating who get caught.
Guys cheating who don't get caught.
And guys fighting clean that will never crack the top 10.

And what does me being a fan of mma have to do with a urgent must need to know the total and full reporting of the Jon Jones drug report???

This won't go anywhere. I've been a fan since UFC 1 and after many years of watching I've come to the conclusion that there are three groups of UFC competitors:
Guys cheating who get caught.
Guys cheating who don't get caught.
And guys fighting clean that will never crack the top 10.

Maybe I'm naive, but I believe the BJ Penn's and the Nick Diaz's of the world, who say they never use anything steroid-wise. Then again, I guess it helps that I don't really give much of a fuck.

Maybe I'm naive, but I believe the BJ Penn's and the Nick Diaz's of the world, who say they never use anything steroid-wise. Then again, I guess it helps that I don't really give much of a fuck.

I think machida, weidman, and gustafsson are also in that camp.

True, there's always going to be the exception, but in the general sense I don't feel I'm wrong.

Unfortunately it's how business is operated. Rules apply to some but not all. Especially your biggest cash cow

True, there's always going to be the exception, but in the general sense I don't feel I'm wrong.

Yeah I'm sure you're mostly right, a lot of guys use stuff. It doesn't help the situation that there are many banned 'steroid' substances on the list that are used for recovery from nagging injuries, and things like that. The commissions just lump everything together, and the fans largely follow suit. We like to watch people kick the shit out of each other in the cage, but we act all high and mighty when they want their knees to work walking up the stairs the months in between. I dunno. It's such a murky and little-understood issue, I hate the outraged fan soapbox.

*steps down off my own ironic fan soapbox*

Really?

An illegal foul or cage grabbing can maybe effect a small portion of the fight, maybe a round, and very very occasionally decides the result.

Doping can effect the power of a fighters punches, his ability to remain fresh for a full three rounds, or five rounds, his ability to train harder and longer.

If doping is really that ineffectual athletes across a whole range of sports, for the last 100 years wouldnt be doing it.

Back