So Are These Electronic Music Shows Just Made For Drugs?

Yeah. Most of the music is made with rolling in mind. The builds, the bass drops, the 'shimmery' effects, etc

And that's not even talking about the show itself...

I dunno about that, most of the DJ's I knew (and I knew quite a few) were drinkers or coke heads, most didn't roll that often. They just worked on music they liked & how it flowed, just so happens the shit sounds better rolling to most people.

I dunno about that, most of the DJ's I knew (and I knew quite a few) were drinkers or coke heads, most didn't roll that often. They just worked on music they liked & how it flowed, just so happens the shit sounds better rolling to most people.

"That often" I'm sure they have at some point. And even if they never had, they were influenced by music made by those who did.

It's like all those hipster indie bands that make fake 'trippy' sounding music. They may not have taken any drugs in their life, but they were influenced by music made from those that did

Also I should specify that different genres of electronic music pander to different drug experiences. coke, meth, mdma, hallucinogens

But recently, most of it is for mdma

RIP Tunnel, SF

I remember the dreadful & God forsaken night that ultimately closed the infamous Sound Factory. there was a fuckingguy who overdosed inside the club on God knows what. he dropped in the middle of the dance floor & the bodyguards dragged him outside. now this is a typical scenario. we were deep into Winter at the time & I remember seeing that guy's face up close & there was so much fucking steam eminating from his forehead/head. I thought he was passed the fuck out but later learned he was fucking dead. it creeped us all out for a while, like some of us actually thought that the steam was actually his very life fuming away.

Back