So Are These Electronic Music Shows Just Made For Drugs?

DUBSTEP is the reason the festival you went to is shitty.

I been to a few Psytrance/Goa/Downtempo raves/festivals back in the high school/college and they were amazing experiences. Then again Psytrance is way better musically than Dubstep ever will be

^Hipster raver

Psytrance is dope though, but the parties you are referring to are way less mainstream and different than the current electronica festivals. Most people aren't huge on forest parties where more people are on LSD than ecstasy. That's more of an acquired taste.

I've been to one, and it was one too many. the answer to your question is yes.

Yes. It's all about drugs. Trying to sell in there is very, very risky. For the few bucks you'd make per bean it isn't worth it. Normally people just eat the pills before they get in.

This. anyone who needs to go to a rave to sell is either a fucking idiot or has no client base.

^Hipster raver

Psytrance is dope though, but the parties you are referring to are way less mainstream and different than the current electronica festivals. Most people aren't huge on forest parties where more people are on LSD than ecstasy. That's more of an acquired taste.
haha thanks man and yeah you are right. An acquired taste but I'd rather be on LSD while dancing to some old school Hallucinogen or Astral Projection than MDMA.

Don't really need drugs to have a good time.

One of my favorite drops

Most people are there to do drugs and just have fun, but a lot of people are there for the music too.

ULctkWX.gif

I just came to approve of OP's avatar.

Also, in my drugs and behaviour course my prof talked about a DJ Tiesto concert that was happening in Toronto, saying that not only the prolific drugs but the lights and sounds were designed to be as neurologically stimulating as possible (something about simple shapes flashing on and off in colour sequences). I don't remember much of his analysis other than how impressed he was that raves had inadvertently gotten to the point where brain matter was being significantly manipulated.

A friend of mine bought me a ticket for Road to EDC in November. I'm going just because I've never been to one of these before and I heard there are mostly naked girls allover the place.

Be prepared to have guys grinding on you as much as the chicks do. If you're open minded it'll be the best of both worlds.

He mowed the lawn twice, I guess it didn't start on the first try.

lol i noticed that too, looked to my neighbor askin "wtf, is he starting a mower?" think xtc was prolly the drug of choice here judging by all the passion he put into starting that motherfucker up.

hahahha

Drugs and music have always gone together, just different music goes with different drugs.

On a side note, I went to a club recently and they were playing dubstep...... I am old, much much too old.

^Hipster raver

I recently went to a forest rave last year while trippin on shrooms and high as a kite on some dank stuffs. The DJ was spinning some quality drum n bass too. Me gustaaaaa.

Drugs enhance the music. Some people get off on that shit sober, they just haven't tried the drugs yet. There's always a risk with any "drug" anyone hands you, but honestly, so worth it.

I haven't been in a quite few years, but typically you find a mix of people.

Lots of people on drugs, just about anything.
Some people just drinking & smoking
Some girls just there to dance
You get older people & couples that are just there to dance and talk to people (usually awesome people)
then you get scummy people looking to rob others or rape chicks (you can pick out them in the crowd)

that being said, I loved the drugs!

This one time, I was at this electronica show and the song was all, "spacebar, spacebar, tab, tab, spacebar spacebar tab tab - ALT ALT ALT!"

It was amazing.

bill_lg-298x300.jpg

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

Yeah. Most of the music is made with rolling in mind. The builds, the bass drops, the 'shimmery' effects, etc

And that's not even talking about the show itself...

Back