So, are the bunch of you all former MMA fans?

What the F is you?

• Total voters
I'd say "Former", I'll watch cards with friends periodically at Bdubs or wherever with PPV's, and the old ESPNl/Fox cards, but 2008-2017 was "must see tv" for me regardless of the event.

Used to watch every card and fell off about Reebok time.

I like watching different styles fight, when they do the same it's yawnsville. I've always tended to the heavyweights because you see the most differences and stakes are highest. Hunt was my boy, followed him from K1 days, now I catch all of Derrick Lewis' fights after I heard him on a long form interview. Jones is interesting because of how different he is, Connor likewise.

The Romans knew how important it was to have different matchups, they had gladiators train different styles. I would like the same. Also less weight classes. We miss out on greatness by not seeing smaller guys having the chance to shine against bigger opponents. Why is there a weight maximum FFS, that seems to make no sense.

Add sponsorship back support schools that have a strong flavour to them. Yes to @MoparOrNoCar about WMMA, they all fight the same after rousey and there's no damage. They should have much fewer weight classes. At least with mighty mouse et al you'd see some insane athleticism, all the women seem to just hit the middle of the road.

I used to follow it religiously then about 4 years ago I stopped giving a shit. I still watch big fights but after the females got involved it went all down hill from there.

I started posting in the Heavies during Fedor vs Anderson Goat debate.. I am a fan of both.

But I stayed for the Trannie threads.. @Zer do you remember the other tranny thread regulars back in 2012?

Found sherdog bc of mma, joined only for Mayberry. This place is great.

Welcome to Mayberry @Cooliox. We are happy to have you. Tell your friends to meet our friend and we could be friends!

FocusedGrandAmericanratsnake-small.gif
<Moves>

It's still fun watching MMA but not as fun as before.

The height of MMA for me was during pride Fedor's era. The atmosphere was just electric in Japan.

One of the most mind fucking moments for me was when Fedor was pummeling Big Nog while he was in Nog's guard. I mean, who the fuck would stay in Nog's guard?

I stopped watching last year after doing fighter write ups for a site for ten years, I just got bored with it. The amount of events and lower level fighters didn't help either.

I still watch the maybe 1-2 worthwhile finishes Sunday mornings after events, but don't watch live anymore. All the leftist Hollywood nonsense grinds my gears and there are so few recognizable, high-level talented fighters anymore not to mention all the women and midgets.

Got kind of boring around Reebok time.

Which is sad because IMO in 2013 UFC was peaking in almost every way. Fighters were learning how to leverage social media to make themselves more $$$ and more name recognition. Then UFC was like "WTF is all this" and pissed it all away on shit deal after shit deal.

mT06Cau.png

You gonna watch any of tonight's fights though?

I will be watching motherfucking WILDER FURY TWO tonight thats for god damn sure

The Gypsy King rides at midnight (eastern time)

He rides to his doom

i'll always love it and follow it

I will be watching motherfucking WILDER FURY TWO tonight thats for god damn sure

The Gypsy King rides at midnight (eastern time)

He rides to his doom
I haven't followed boxing closely since Prince Nas, but I would watch this if I could be arsed

I put a couple bets on the UFC just to give me a reason to watch it and get involved

I've been so underwhelmed with most cards this year so far

Back