So are people thinking about Glover/ Jones a lot differently now?

ShreddinMMA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Before this fight it seemed like a sizeable majority thought Glover would be a walk in the park.

How about now?

It'll be interesting on how this foot injury Jones' supposedly has plays out, because based on the way he moved tonight, he looked pretty hittable, and Glover is close to the same height as well.

Before this fight it seemed like a sizeable majority thought Glover would be a walk in the park.

How about now?

It'll be interesting on how this foot injury Jones' supposedly has plays out, because based on the way he moved tonight, he looked pretty hittable, and Glover is close to the same height as well.

Glover is nowhere near as fast, nor as rangy as Gustafsson. If anything, tonight proved how easy the fight would be for Jones in comparison.

Glover is nowhere near as fast, nor as rangy as Gustafsson. If anything, tonight proved how easy the fight would be for Jones in comparison.

No, but he's got better westling, better BJJ, and a much better top game than Gus. He also appears to be one of the strongest fighters in the division.

If Gus managed to get Jones down, it isn't unrealistic to think Glover can as well.

Nah I think Jones has fought guys built like Glover before and if logic is the dictator it was body shape and size that caused him to have trouble with Gus. He's never had trouble with anyone else before.

The only thing that would concern is his illusion of invulnerability with wrestling being shattered because Glover can wrestle and sub.

We'll see...i think he'll give Jon a good fight as well but overall i view Gustafsson as a matchup problem, physically and stylistically for Jones that Glover doesnt quite bring.

Back