So Amanda Nunes gon' pull out right ?

NinjaSpider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Right ?
My money is on one or two days before the fight. Any odds up on this ?

amanda-nunes-ufc-196-pre.jpg

"Amanda Nunes" and "pull out"

tenor.gif

Nah

Should be a fun fight, for as long as it lasts. This has 1st round finish written all over it

I imagine something of Cyborg's has grown substantially, so she might be the one able to "pull out".

I know she pulled out the one time with sinus issues or whatever, but has it happened more than that?

Because one would normally give her the benefit of the doubt.

She will fight and get beaten but not brutally like the rest of cyborg's victims.

I don't care what she does, as long as she doesn't wear that stupid mask.

Naa she knows how bad that would look. This fight is definitely going down. Winner is undeniable WMMA Goat (Even dummies can't deny it).

Why would she? Nobody expects her to win so there's absolutely no pressure. And I guess this won't be for the 135 belt? So even if she loses (which she will), she'll still be champ. And she'll probably get the biggest paycheck in her career for this.

Cyborg still struggles to hit 145.

Nunes can eat.

Cyborg showed surprising boxing vs Holm, but I still think Nunes will hit her harder and more often than anybody else ever has.

Could see Cyborg with a quick finish if she shows no respect for Nunes... And a late finish for Nunes if Cyborg is drawn into the late rounds.

I have Amanda finishing in the 5th.

Naa she knows how bad that would look. This fight is definitely going down. Winner is undeniable WMMA Goat (Even dummies can't deny it).

...winner is mega megu?

i did not see that coming.

Cyborg's contract expires early next year. Nunes will find a way within a week or 2 of their scheduled fight to back out of it. Nunes has much more to lose in this fight. She clearly knows Cyborg will murder her in the cage and thats clearly the reason why the fight has been moved to the end of the year. When Nunes backs out she can take a couple more months off then comeback a month after Cyborg is gone.

Amanda will be Cyborg's toughest opponent ever. She needs to come out aggressively to have any kind of a chance. Passive Nunes will get shut-out.

I still think Nunes will hit her harder and more often than anybody else ever has.
Maybe in MMA. But on an absolute scale I don't think Nunes can hit harder than Baars, imo.

Could see Cyborg with a quick finish if she shows no respect for Nunes... And a late finish for Nunes if Cyborg is drawn into the late rounds.
In the late rounds I'd argue Nunes would still be the one who's more likely to get finished. Cyborg doesn't fade to any noticeable degree. So far, the only two times where Nunes hasn't gassed from the 3rd round on were 1) a low output sparring session against Shevchenko, and 2) a fight where Nunes could set her own pace unchallenged against a hesitant Pennington.
I don't see Cyborg taking either approach.
Imo, Nunes has learned not to empty her tank in the first round, but I'm not convinced she can sustain a higher exertion workload, especially if she were to grapple against a physically imposing opponent or if she suffers damage.

Back