Law Trucker who killed 16 and injured 13 others sentencing this week

Wow, your comprehension is really stuck at stupid, ins't it. His first post had nothing to do with the article he posted after and was just blatant race baiting.

The only person who is rustled about race in this thread is you. Posting an article related to the incident about white males and pointing out a problem with standards relating to a specific demographic (the driver was Sikh) is not much of an attempt to start a race war. It is relevant to this thread because it may influence sentencing or generate media speculation as to how the driver is sentenced.

Regardless of all this discussion, we have to keep in mind that this is Canada and the driver will likely get a slap on the wrist. He may get a number of years, but he will never serve more than two years.

The only person who is rustled about race in this thread is you. Posting an article related to the incident about white males and pointing out a problem with standards relating to a specific demographic (the driver was Sikh) is not much of an attempt to start a race war. It is relevant to this thread because it may influence sentencing or generate media speculation as to how the driver is sentenced.

Regardless of all this discussion, we have to keep in mind that this is Canada and the driver will likely get a slap on the wrist. He may get a number of years, but he will never serve more than two years.

Mike is a one issue poster. Race is literally all he talks about.

Should get 15-20 years, will probably get 6 months and a pension..

I don't know what you are saying "umm no' to as we agree the training is not what it used to be.

But are you saying big trucking companies like Rosenau Trucking and Duckering's Transport are not also hiring tons of these 'assembly line school' type drivers which includes the Sikh's and Indians mentioned? I know for fact they are.

I also know all of the bigger ones in Ontario do also going back 20 years now.
What I was saying is the smaller outfits owned by this demographic are hiring their only own drivers who are in many instances not qualified. And my other point was the owner in this accident did reopen in another name after his outfit was shutdown in the investigation. I don’t think you read my first post through.

Last edited:
It is racist to point out that a specific group is hiring their own people and not meeting the necessary standards and requirements to meet safety standards?

<Fedor23>
No it is not and that is what I tried to do in my response to him.

Umm no actually, and I speak from experience many of these owners are hiring their own who have been fast tracked through the driving school process. The company that was involved in this accident was suspended and he just changed the name and was up and running within days of the crash. There were schools in Alberta that were basically selling class one licences for how shitty these guys were being trained. The driver in question in the crash had zero business behind the wheel of a tandem loaded tractor trailer period. Although the race of the driver isn’t what caused the crash the shitty training and company policy this demographic brings to the table in this regard is.
I've heard rumors Alberta was being very lenient in handing out class 1a's like lollipops to anyone with a pulse. That is ridiculous. To think theres more and more novice drivers driving super b's out there is a scary reality. That's why a harsh sentence is required here. This has to stop

So this owner changed the name of his company and was back in business days later hey. Why am I not surprised.

I've heard rumors Alberta was being very lenient in handing out class 1a's like lollipops to anyone with a pulse. That is ridiculous. To think theres more and more novice drivers driving super b's out there is a scary reality. That's why a harsh sentence is required here. This has to stop

So this owner changed the name of his company and was back in business days later hey. Why am I not surprised.
It is true and they let him re open without protest,although I think the driver needs a sentence here to fit the gravity of what happened I do blame the industry itself that allowed these owners and drivers to exist in the first place. The owner bears some responsibility as well but he won’t be effected in all reality.

Don't worry about immigrants, I remember hearing Gary Cohn say that about 25% of the US population makes a living driving something, that will be a lot of displaced workers when self driving vehicles take over. Scary shit.

It is true and they let him re open without protest,although I think the driver needs a sentence here to fit the gravity of what happened I do blame the industry itself that allowed these owners and drivers to exist in the first place. The owner bears some responsibility as well but he won’t be effected in all reality.
I'd like to see the owner of the company and the people that licensed him do jail time as well. They should be charged. All guilty parties.

It is racist to point out that a specific group is hiring their own people and not meeting the necessary standards and requirements to meet safety standards?

<Fedor23>

Is that the case in this tragedy? Provide some proof that this trucking company was Sikh or Indian owned and the drivers were not trained to standards?

What about white owned trucking companies who hire Sikh's or INdians and OTHERS, INCLUDING OTHER WHITES, and who are under training them and putting them on the road? Why do you not mention that?

All of the trucking companies I know in ALberta and Ontario are white owned and doing the same thing with regards to bringing on drivers of all colours and putting them on the road under trained. ITs an industry wide problem. But you only see it in one race.

Last edited:
All of the trucking companies I know in ALberta and Ontario are white owned and doing the same thing with regards to bringing on drivers of all colours and putting them on the road under trained. ITs an industry wide problem. But you only see it in one race.

I agree with you. It is certainly an industry wide problem.

ITs an industry wide problem. But you only see it in one race.
I dont know about Alberta but in Saskatchewan it seems like about 9.9 out of every 10 trucks on the road is driven by a Sikh or hindu. Theyre everywhere. Not being racist just saying it how it is. They are literally driving every semi you see. As soon as that accident occurred and heard a semi was Involved everyone around here had a pretty good idea of who was driving the semi. Its just numbers

Last edited:
"His position to me was, 'I just want to plead guilty,'" said lawyer Mark Brayford.

"Mr. Sidhu advised me, 'I don't want to make things any worse.'"

"His position to me was, 'I just want to plead guilty,'" said lawyer Mark Brayford.

"Mr. Sidhu advised me, 'I don't want to make things any worse.'"
Things really cant be any worse.

And....
He blew a stop sign in a super b truck and trailer at 100 km/hr. Hes 100% at fault.

Last edited:
I dont know about Alberta but in Saskatchewan it seems like about 9.9 out of every 10 trucks on the road is driven by a Sikh or hindu. Theyre everywhere. Not being racist just saying it how it is. They are literally driving every semi you see. As soon as that accident occurred and heard a semi was Involved everyone around here had a pretty good idea of who was driving the semi. Its just numbers

That’s racist bro.....

That’s racist bro.....

<6>

Ya that started abut 20 or so years ago in Ontario and it followed to Alberta. Basically they drew from the taxi industry.

But it was the change in what the Trucking Companies would accept as qualified drivers that drove it. Prior to be a big rig driver was considered a career that you could not just jump in to. You had to go through almost an apprenticeship with senior drivers for years before you would get your own truck and that was what the company's Insurance demanded. Then they saw the ability to use Mc'Truck Driving schools to train all sorts of drivers who would work way cheaper and they flooded the market with drivers. And while most were Sikh or Indian, there were also lots of white and other drivers gong thru Mc'Driving school.

This was ALL Truck driving companies, not just Indian owned ones taking advantage of the cheap labour. it was the older, almost exclusively white owned companies that started this wave of using Mc'Drivers.

Ya that started abut 20 or so years ago in Ontario and it followed to Alberta. Basically they drew from the taxi industry.

But it was the change in what the Trucking Companies would accept as qualified drivers that drove it. Prior to be a big rig driver was considered a career that you could not just jump in to. You had to go through almost an apprenticeship with senior drivers for years before you would get your own truck and that was what the company's Insurance demanded. Then they saw the ability to use Mc'Truck Driving schools to train all sorts of drivers who would work way cheaper and they flooded the market with drivers. And while most were Sikh or Indian, there were also lots of white and other drivers gong thru Mc'Driving school.

This was ALL Truck driving companies, not just Indian owned ones taking advantage of the cheap labour. it was the older, almost exclusively white owned companies that started this wave of using Mc'Drivers.
It's a shit show for sure and changes need to be made. I'm just curious to see what kind of punishment is handed out here to send a message to the trucking industry that this is unacceptable. We need competent drivers.
Accidents do happen, and this was not intentional at all but this one just shouldn't have happened. Not that way. I just can't see how this guy blew that stop sign at a blind intersection doing 100 km an hour in a super b. Its mind boggling that it even happened.

Last edited:
It's a shit show for sure and changes need to be made. I'm just curious to see what kind of punishment is handed out here to send a message to the trucking industry that this is unacceptable. We need competent drivers.
Accidents do happen, and this was not intentional at all but this one just shouldn't have happened. Not that way. I just can't see how this guy blew that stop sign at a blind intersection doing 100 km an hour in a super b. Its mind boggling and that it even happened.
i think he had to have fallen asleep. No signs of braking, no swerve while the bus was braking and swerving heavily. Many of these guys are working 2 jobs or more and I bet he dozed off.

But no, I don't expect heavy jail time. This is Canada and it would be an aberration for anyone to get heavy jail time for an accident no matter how abhorrent. People who commit violent purposeful crimes here rarely get 10 years. Plus punishing the driver would not make the trucking industry change. For the industry it is simple math. Yes their insurance claims have gone up as a result of lesser trained drivers being in more accidents but their hourly cost of labour has gone way down as a Pro Driver used to command $80k or more /yr for local hauls and would make $150k/yr for long haul. Now they can pay $35k-55K for drivers to do the same. They can pay way higher insurance premiums with those savings and eat that extra risk.

Last edited:
Back