So a prime DC vs prime Fedor. Who wins?

DC no problem, because he also has the wrestling and heavy top control to go along with the striking and the chin to absorb a huge blow and recover.

DC no problem, because he also has the wrestling and heavy top control to go along with the striking and the chin to absorb a huge blow and recover.

Who has he grappled with that's actually dangerous off their backs though? I'm just saying the only guys he fought that were dangerous off their backs he wanted nothing to do with grappling and Fedor has better striking and probably a speed advantage.

The only one I can think of is Barnett and he's more of a top game grappler.

Who has he grappled with that's actually dangerous off their backs though? I'm just saying the only guys he fought that were dangerous off their backs he wanted nothing to do with grappling and Fedor has better striking and probably a speed advantage.

One could easily flip the question around and ask who has Fedor submitted off his back? A 40+ year old Mark Coleman? Hong Man Choi? Not really great accomplishments.

I disagree that Fedor has better striking, I would say the striking is rather equal, with both excelling at different aspects. Speed, perhaps Fedor would have a slight edge, but I think this very even as well.

I think the difference in this fight is going to be Cormier's inside striking and td/ground control.

Why on earth would someone take Mir down when they can comfortably outstrike him? DC is a BJJ brown belt and Olympic wrestler, so that has to do with not wanting to play into Mir's strength, not avoiding it because he's weak in that area. Fedor has never submitted a BJJ black/brown belt in MMA.

Fedor's too fast and powerful for DC on the feet

Difficult to hold down as well

DC has the cardio advantage but won't last long enough for it to be a factor
DC was fast as hell in his prime and hard to hit clean.

Fedor ruled a much better heavyweight division than what UFC has today. His submissions were explosive - if ge arm barred Coleman & Randleman I think he gets DC as well.

I do believe it would be a close fight and that DC is probably the 2nd best heavyweight of all time.
Are you lumping DC in with fucking Coleman and randleman? I love me some hammer house but they didn't know shit about submissions.

And Big Nog post Bob Sapp, he had a dramatic decline in athletic ability after that fight.

I don't think the effect with Nog was instant but the beatinsg from Sapp and Fedor probably did help shorten his prime although being so active probably had a bigger effect.

The first sign of decline for me is the first Barnett fight, the way he gets caught cold by that punch being perhaps a sign of decline in his vision as from what I'v heard it was after beating Werdum he had the eye op. Agility wise I think it was more a year or two latter he started to drop off steeply.

People always underestimate the effect of physical decline on sub grappler, aggressive ones especially depend on being able to move quickly.

One could easily flip the question around and ask who has Fedor submitted off his back? A 40+ year old Mark Coleman? Hong Man Choi? Not really great accomplishments.

I disagree that Fedor has better striking, I would say the striking is rather equal, with both excelling at different aspects. Speed, perhaps Fedor would have a slight edge, but I think this very even as well.

I think the difference in this fight is going to be Cormier's inside striking and td/ground control.

Coleman's submission defense is greatly underrated, during his best years the only people that submitted him were Big Nog and Fedor who were known as 2 of the best submission artists at HW especially off their backs.

Fedor's striking at range is clearly better but not by a huge amount and same with the speed advantage. DC looks like he's better at striking in the clinch but Fedor's GnP is better and he's a better overall striker IMO.

I don't think DC would even take the fight to the ground, the only guy he fought that was similarly dangerous off his back to Fedor was Mir and he wanted nothing to do with grappling with him. I think DC's gameplan would be similar to what Cain did against Werdum.

I think it would be a competitive fight but IMO Fedor is better than DC at most everything other than clinch striking and wrestling.

I don't think the effect with Nog was instant but the beatinsg from Sapp and Fedor probably did help shorten his prime although being so active probably had a bigger effect.

The first sign of decline for me is the first Barnett fight, the way he gets caught cold by that punch being perhaps a sign of decline in his vision as from what I'v heard it was after beating Werdum he had the eye op. Agility wise I think it was more a year or two latter he started to drop off steeply.

People always underestimate the effect of physical decline on sub grappler, aggressive ones especially depend on being able to move quickly.

I think people don't realize that taking big damage to the head not only weakens the chin it also often times slows the reflexes. Big Nog's reflexes greatly diminished in years following the Sapp fight but you're right about his eye sight being another big factor in his early physical decline.

DC was fast as hell in his prime and hard to hit clean.

That sounds just like Fedor. I'm pretty sure he still has the record for least strikes absorbed per minute on Fightmetric though I think they only counted his Pride through Strikeforce fights.

Why on earth would someone take Mir down when they can comfortably outstrike him? DC is a BJJ brown belt and Olympic wrestler, so that has to do with not wanting to play into Mir's strength, not avoiding it because he's weak in that area. Fedor has never submitted a BJJ black/brown belt in MMA.

No but he's one of only 2 men that submitted Coleman in his best years and he beat the crap out of BJJ black/brown belts in MMA and outgrappled most of them.

DC would have a better chance of beating Fedor in the clinch than on the ground, the ground game was Fedor's biggest strength during his prime so I doubt DC would try to fight Fedor where he's best too.

No but he's one of only 2 men that submitted Coleman in his best years and he beat the crap out of BJJ black/brown belts in MMA and outgrappled most of them.

DC would have a better chance of beating Fedor in the clinch than on the ground, the ground game was Fedor's biggest strength during his prime so I doubt DC would try to fight Fedor where he's best too.

Indeed, I think someone like Coleman gets underrated in retrospect because he got subbed by Fedor and Nog.

Look at what Coleman did to Allan Goes for example and the idea any decent sub grappler would catch him rather collapses.

Indeed, I think someone like Coleman gets underrated in retrospect because he got subbed by Fedor and Nog.

Look at what Coleman did to Allan Goes for example and the idea any decent sub grappler would catch him rather collapses.

I think people think Randleman = Coleman in terms of their skillsets and it's just way off Coleman's submission defense has always been very good, Randleman's submission defense was only good when he was young and could rely on his athletic ability so when he started losing that he started getting submitted a lot.

When Randleman was young he was able to beat Babalu mostly on the ground which is pretty impressive.

Fedor in his prime is impossible to defeat

DC how ever he wants.

DC tooled Big foot and Henderson.
Fedor got destroyed by both.
Before nutthuggers pull the "he was not in his prime anymore".
Fedor was 34 when he got KTFO by Henderson who was 40 and a MW fighter.

MMA math, from 04 accounts, showing you can be a fan for 15+ years and still be a clueless simp.

If you have any actual analysis of the situation feel free to post but this is a hilariously bad post.

Also, Fedor would crush this b-rated version of himself.

Prime v Prime
Fedor

Will be more interessed on Fedor v Cain

And even there probably Fedor

Back