SNL makes offensive video for white people

White people aren't allowed to find anything offensive. They need to be submissive and weak. Like Forkfoot.
White people find everything offensive, its good that some of them have awareness and atleast can mock the clueless majority

The black panthers ideologically were no better then the kkk. They were black supremacists.

Whites honestly don't play the victim (although crime statistics show more whites are victims of black on white crime instead of vice versa even though they makr up 13.2% of the populstion)or cry foul about race shit.

But if I see blacks doing shit like Beyonce did I'm gonna call then out because if we show any sign of being proud of our skin color.. We're racist.

Oh lawd, the irony is unbearable here.

Anything > SNL. So good job.
Negative!

SNL has some awesome talent this season...

Bottom line, SNL comedy isn't for everybody...it's got its own flare.

I'm not saying you'll find me LOL'ing every Saturday night, but I find the skits VERY entertaining.

With that being said...

Dumb & Dumber>Any and All Comedies

White people find everything offensive, its good that some of them have awareness and atleast can mock the clueless majority

You can't preface a rational stance with a racist one. It becomes instantly ironic.

The actual problem is that people from every race are easily offended, especially in the US. Blaming white people alone is actually part of the problem.

That's a really weird definition of racism. If we were using it, it wouldn't be racist for black people to demand white people lose their rights, if their justification for it is something like "fixing historical injustice"

You shouldn't count actions as racist only if there is a proclaimed racist motive.

If you don't mind me asking, are you a lawyer?

It wouldn't be racist, it would just be stupid. And, yes, I'm a lawyer.

The problem with racism conversations is that definition of racism is pretty straightforward but people want to substitute their own versions in it's place. The core of the definition of racism is the belief in the superiority or inferiority of a group based on race. Discrimination is treating people differently, sometimes because of race.

Additionally, I didn't say things are only racist if there is a proclaimed racist motive. The proclamation of a racist motive doesn't alter if the core ideology driving the action is rooted in a belief in racial superiority. If I believe that Samoans are naturally better than everyone else, I might advocate for policies that disproportionately benefit Samoans because I think Samoans will make better use of those policies. I don't have to say that I think Samoans are better than others but it's the core ideology for why I support a particular policy over it's alternatives.

Let me use a height example. I think tall people are just better than short people. So, I propose a zoning law that requires all door knobs to be a specific height above the ground. The reason I state to others is that it's ergonomically superior but, at it's core level, I've only looked at the ergonomics in the context of what benefits tall people because I think they're better. I've never even considered the ergonomic needs of short people and midgets because they are too inferior to warrant any effort from me. I don't have to hate short people to apply that thinking and I don't have to be openly height-ist for my bias to impact the policy decisions that I'm promoting.

People throw around the word "racist" too often but I also think that just as many people understate what it is. To come full circle - racism, at it's core, is about the belief that one race is superior to another race. How that manifests itself can happen in tons of ways. Similarly, just because a policy benefits one group more than another doesn't mean that the advocates believe that one group in superior to another group - they could just be selfish. Just because I want the last piece of pie doesn't mean I think I'm better than you - I might just be greedy or self-centered. But if I think I deserve the last piece of pie because I'm inherently more worthy of pie than you or anyone else then that's closer to what racism is.

I have no problem with videos mocking whites, as long as we get to make videos mocking blacks. Let's see how funny they think it is then.
There are videos mocking blacks. Have you seen family guy or american dad?

A pro-white advocacy group that just hates people wouldn't necessarily be racist. If the source of their hatred is that they think other people are less than white people, then they become racist.

I'm trying to think of a reason to hate another group that wouldn't involve superiority in some way, but I'm failing to do so.

As in, "I don't like group x because they're different (but equal)" is not that logical. If you thought they were equal, you wouldn't hate them.

I'm trying to think of a reason to hate another group that wouldn't involve superiority in some way, but I'm failing to do so.

As in, "I don't like group x because they're different (but equal)" is not that logical. If you thought they were equal, you wouldn't hate them.

Don't spend too much effort on that. Hatred and racism tend to go hand in hand. I was only emphasizing the difference for conversation sake. Hatred tends to be based on racism to a greater degree than racism is based on hatred. Racism is just as easily based on someone's personal interpretation of statistical data.

Let's use sexism as a parallel. There are plenty of sexist men/women who don't hate the opposite sex, they just think they're inferior.

It wouldn't be racist, it would just be stupid. And, yes, I'm a lawyer.

The problem with racism conversations is that definition of racism is pretty straightforward but people want to substitute their own versions in it's place. The core of the definition of racism is the belief in the superiority or inferiority of a group based on race. Discrimination is treating people differently, sometimes because of race.

Additionally, I didn't say things are only racist if there is a proclaimed racist motive. The proclamation of a racist motive doesn't alter if the core ideology driving the action is rooted in a belief in racial superiority. If I believe that Samoans are naturally better than everyone else, I might advocate for policies that disproportionately benefit Samoans because I think Samoans will make better use of those policies. I don't have to say that I think Samoans are better than others but it's the core ideology for why I support a particular policy over it's alternatives.

Let me use a height example. I think tall people are just better than short people. So, I propose a zoning law that requires all door knobs to be a specific height above the ground. The reason I state to others is that it's ergonomically superior but, at it's core level, I've only looked at the ergonomics in the context of what benefits tall people because I think they're better. I've never even considered the ergonomic needs of short people and midgets because they are too inferior to warrant any effort from me. I don't have to hate short people to apply that thinking and I don't have to be openly height-ist for my bias to impact the policy decisions that I'm promoting.

People throw around the word "racist" too often but I also think that just as many people understate what it is. To come full circle - racism, at it's core, is about the belief that one race is superior to another race. How that manifests itself can happen in tons of ways. Similarly, just because a policy benefits one group more than another doesn't mean that the advocates believe that one group in superior to another group - they could just be selfish. Just because I want the last piece of pie doesn't mean I think I'm better than you - I might just be greedy or self-centered. But if I think I deserve the last piece of pie because I'm inherently more worthy of pie than you or anyone else then that's closer to what racism is.

Interesting. Basically you could implement laws that would make second class citizens out of members of one race, and if you do it out of pure greed, those laws wouldn't be racist.

Frankly i find that stupid, but at least i understand what you meant now.

Don't spend too much effort on that. Hatred and racism tend to go hand in hand. I was only emphasizing the difference for conversation sake. Hatred tends to be based on racism to a greater degree than racism is based on hatred. Racism is just as easily based on someone's personal interpretation of statistical data.

Let's use sexism as a parallel. There are plenty of sexist men/women who don't hate the opposite sex, they just think they're inferior.

Yeah, I just don't see how you can remove superiority and have hatred remain.

I think racism is indeed based on misinterpretation, but more specifically, attributing characteristics to skin colour alone, while ignoring a myriad of other things that may be responsible, i.e. saying urban crime by black people is disproportionate because they're black. There's no proof of that.

I think racism is indeed based on misinterpretation, but more specifically, attributing characteristics to skin colour alone, while ignoring a myriad of other things that may be responsible, i.e. saying urban crime by black people is disproportionate because they're black. There's no proof of that.

Guy gets cheated by his girlfriend. Guy starts hating women. Then guy refuses to hire any women, even though he doesn't think they are bad workers.

It's tribalism. Human group dynamics. Groups start to compete with one another and animosity can form.

competition can lead to hate at times, but it can also lead to respect.

Members of group A may have an ingroup preference (tribalism is a survival strategy) but it doesn't mean they have to view themselves as superior to group B.

On a smaller scale, people tend to have a bias towards their own family members and work towards the betterment of their family. Doesn't mean they have a superiority outlook, although I guess it depends on semantics.

Guy gets cheated by his girlfriend. Guy starts hating women. Then guy refuses to hire any women, even though he doesn't think they are bad workers.

Explain to me why he would make that logical leap from his girlfriend to all women. I would infer he believes that women are cheaters.

It's tribalism. Human group dynamics. Groups start to compete with one another and animosity can form.

competition can lead to hate at times, but it can also lead to respect.

Members of group A may have an ingroup preference (tribalism is a survival strategy) but it doesn't mean they have to view themselves as superior to group B.

On a smaller scale, people tend to have a bias towards their own family members and work towards the betterment of their family. Doesn't mean they have a superiority outlook, although I guess it depends on semantics.

The logical extension of this should lead to empathy, not hatred, when you realize you are all the same, and are just competing for resources. Although, tribalism is as fitting an answer as I can imagine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back