Multiplatform Official Sniper Elite 5 Discussion

I recently played through Sniper Elite 4, the only I've played of the series, and while it had alot of great elements... somewhat realistic-ish ballistics, bullet time X-Ray kills, and the open-world levels... practically everything else about it was mediocre.

I was expecting more of a series that's been around for nearly 20 years and had four entries.

Based on the bits of info we have on this new sequel, it just looks like they've just made the graphics better and probably a few other small improvements.

Looks like a $10 Holiday Sale buy for me in a few years, if the reviews are decent.

Will be preordering to support Rebellion myself and strongly recommend the series, yeah. The care and detail put into weapons is a thing borne of love for the period. Karl (protag) is great (campily stoic) but you're not missing out on much if you pick up 4 now (get the Bayern DLC bundled – gorgeous, called Deathstorm, iirc). The play though is not like CI's SGW; it's more set piece in pace than running map-amok. Plat is much harder across SE series and carries more respect amongst the PS shooter community.

Took your advice and picked up Sniper Elite 4 with the season pass from the PS store. Down from £69.99 to £6.99.

Not sure exactly when i'll play it with Elden Ring fast approaching, and i'd rather not have to try and rush through a game before it comes out, but i look forward to playing it at some point this year.

It's coming and slated for early summer – thread title updated accordingly:

Dev Q&A is live in just some hours!

I just discovered this series. I saw 4 on Game Pass and figured I would give it a try. I was looking for a stealth shooter game that was somewhat like Far Cry's stealth mechanics, and this scratches that itch for sure. Its like a WWII Splinter Cell. (fucking awesome!)

I just saw that 5 is going to be on Game Pass now too. 4 plays great on my Series X, so I can just imagine how great 5 is going to be.

Last edited:
Didn't know the Welly was going to make an appearance:

Fucking love the series but i only last 10mins playing and i start getting motion sickness
:(
Unique to this series, bud? Seems strange... Can't think of camera pan or anything that would cause as much unless it's specifically the bullet trajectory cinematics, which you can toggle off.

sniper-pubg.gif

Unique to this series, bud? Seems strange... Can't think of camera pan or anything that would cause as much unless it's specifically the bullet trajectory cinematics, which you can toggle off.

It happens with a bunch of other games but i CAN play RB6,COD,BF all day(which i use to lol) and nothing happens

Scant little sexier than seeing Sniper Elite and sandbox in the same sentence: :p

@Valhoven

May interest you, coming out in June

MAR221854.jpg
Nice! Thanks, rik. Looks like they went SEIII (North African campaign ca. 1942) for promotional work of this new hardback. Want to see pricing, pagecount, book size, and more but very interested in collecting it.

Back