Multiplatform Official Sniper Elite 5 Discussion

Gingerdead Man

I Knead U
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Our boy Karl Fairburne is back in Rebellion's Sniper Elite 5 and looking dapper as a MF'er. Longtime fan of the series myself and used to be active on Rebellion's forum. Upcoming instalment looks beautiful. Release will be multiplat and cross-gen.

Fellow sniperheads as well as the newly ghillied, enjoy the new cinematic trailer: (runtime only 1m 50s)

An invasion mode, unprecedented for the series, has been confirmed; not 100 on how this will work but will keep everyone posted.

Our boy Karl Fairburne is back in Rebellion's Sniper Elite 5 and looking dapper as a MF'er. Longtime fan of the series myself and used to be active on Rebellion's forum. Upcoming instalment looks beautiful. Release will be multiplat and cross-gen.

Fellow sniperheads as well as the newly ghillied, enjoy the new cinematic trailer: (runtime only 1m 50s)

Never played the Sniper Elite games myself, would you recommend them and are you getting this one yourself? As you know i got the plat for both SGW Contracts 1 and 2.

Never played the Sniper Elite games myself, would you recommend them and are you getting this one yourself? As you know i got the plat for both SGW Contracts 1 and 2.
Will be preordering to support Rebellion myself and strongly recommend the series, yeah. The care and detail put into weapons is a thing borne of love for the period. Karl (protag) is great (campily stoic) but you're not missing out on much if you pick up 4 now (get the Bayern DLC bundled – gorgeous, called Deathstorm, iirc). The play though is not like CI's SGW; it's more set piece in pace than running map-amok. Plat is much harder across SE series and carries more respect amongst the PS shooter community.

Will be preordering to support Rebellion myself and strongly recommend the series, yeah. The care and detail put into weapons is a thing borne of love for the period. Karl (protag) is great (campily stoic) but you're not missing out on much if you pick up 4 now (get the Bayern DLC bundled – gorgeous, called Deathstorm, iirc). The play though is not like CI's SGW; it's more set piece in pace than running map-amok. Plat is much harder across SE series and carries more respect amongst the PS shooter community.

Interdasting, very interdasting!

Played the first game at release and loved it. Looked again at the series years later when 4 was released. While increased map size positively affected pathing the game play was stale. Invasion is a great addition.

Like 4 i'll likely buy it on sale only to play a few levels then uninstall.

Here's a good video that has their gameplay trailer at the beginning. I love killing Nazis in France lol, gorgeous locations.

I really enjoyed 4, as I feel this game lends itself better to open world/sandbox design. This looks to really expand on it

The invasion mode sounds like a lot of fun, especially if you can do it against a buddy.

Here's a good video that has their gameplay trailer at the beginning. I love killing Nazis in France lol, gorgeous locations.

I really enjoyed 4, as I feel this game lends itself better to open world/sandbox design. This looks to really expand on it

The invasion mode sounds like a lot of fun, especially if you can do it against a buddy.

<{jackyeah}>

Am I the only one who likes 3 more than the later versions ?
Graphics be damned.

Graphics be damned.
4 is my favorite, love the open ended format of the levels, the series to me has just steadily improved over time and hopefully 5 follows suit.

It will be on gamepass day one.. so I'll give it a go.

I really disliked the African setting of the last one. Here's to hoping I enjoy this one more.

Graphics be damned.
3 was definitely fun, IMO – I felt more like an assassin or mercenary in that one, iirc, but 4 was like a Frank Dicksee painting came to life and I just delighted in it plus the idyllic Bayern expansion.

Rebellion is so accomplished in rich, immersive set pieces that this France instalment will probably take my breath away. Invasion mode will really add a pucker factor to everything, especially if playing at launch where the playerbase will be popping; I personally have a tonne of French friends I play competitive with and they are always all over SE.

On Invasion, each game as you know has in-mission challenges and secondary objectives so I can see myself playing campaign primaries with the mode on, and then running it back with it off so I can make all the yogic, long-distance keyhole shots, environmental destructibility, more off-path secondaries whatnot while not fretting some sweaty dude stalking me. PvP has always been cutthroat in SE; dudes lying still in underbrush for minutes and then an elbow moves – *Snakebite POP. You're dead.

I really enjoyed the first Sniper Elite. I'll give this one a go as I always do, I just don't know the last two haven't done much for me (even beyond them being in locals I don't have much interest in).

Back