Sneaky little tricks certain fighters do

Seems this thread is going in the direction of dirty tricks lol

Thats ok

Andre ward would be the posterboy for that

And holyfields headbutts

4952274352467_9361642854546.png
0a75920b88be5e55f74dd200583bb000.gif

JJ range finding higher up the face (orbital area). I've been watching how other fighters handle this, and realized other fighters usually range find with their fingers extended towards the mouth or chin. You know the intended target? Jon has been getting away with eye poking for years using the range finder excuse.

Jones and Cormier = Kings of Eye Poking. One of the dirtiest things you can do, if not the dirtiest.
Lol. You bitter bum.

Coming from boxing one thing I always loved about George Foreman was his stepping to the side uppercut. He used it a ton during his comeback and used it to KO Gerry Cooney here. It's an interesting little trick. Throw a big uppercut while stepping completely to the side as if you are trying to walk by the opponent. Not only is it a big punch but you also are in a position to throw a big straight right and can’t really be countered . Uppercut at :30

In mma i really enjoyed the JDS-Yvel Ko. Unfortunately there is no video, but For those that remember JDS likes to use the jab to the body. In that fight he shot probably 5-6 singular jabs to the body. Over and over. Until finally he threw a jab to the body and than came up with a blistering left hook and just knocked the shit out of Yvel who wasn’t expecting it. Good stuff indeed. JDS continues to use the jab to the body quite a bit actually even today

Any other examples?

It was a right straight to the body in JDS vs Yvel:
GRhV.gif

But I’ll allow it.

Same combination, from southpaw.

UnconsciousSeparateChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

krazyhorseexc5.gif~c200

I loved when Monsoon Larkin used those spinning back kicks to the lower legs of Tumenov I believe
Andy Hug used to do that, called the "Hug Tornado" I think. Larkin is so fun to watch

it's not the most damaging move in the world, but i sure loved the simplicity of Machida's push trip.

Aoki breaking Wisniewski's arm was sick.

and after Weidman broke Silva's leg, everyone in the sport started training (or upped their existing training) of leg kick checks.

Ortega pretends to get beat and look like he will lose and then come and BTFO whoever is in the cage with him. Except frankie, frankie wasn’t in that fight at all.

DC using a towel to assist him in making weight.

Machida's trips are a thing of beauty.
Besides his pokes jones' spin elbow was a nice trick of his.

Matt Lindland would not shower, shave, or brush his teeth a week before the fight

Back