Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

agree with chael/silva 1 but as soon as silva stuffed his TD in the 2nd fight he was fucked

but the spinning backfist attempt was stupid nonetheless lol

Just rewatched it in black and white, upside down and with a Syvester Stallone soundboard over Rogans voice, Chael was smashing Anderson

Assumed thread was related to WMMA. Disappointed.

Sell vs Smith? You could argue it was a snatched low percentage shot that won it for Smith, but on the flip, Sell should've probably won that and was potentially in a good position to do so.
Came here to list this. I couldn't remember Pete Sell's name.
That was awesome

Came here to list this. I couldn't remember Pete Sell's name.
That was awesome
Wasn't that the one where he was hurt, clutching his midsection, then knocked his opponent out as he came in?
I think he admitted he wasn't actually hurt and did it to draw him in

Overeem vs Bigfoot
Overeem vs Browne
Overeem vs Rothwell
Overeem vs Miocic

Damn it Overeem

See most of Reems loses, a few good examples, Bigfoot, Browne, Miocic, nearly all his loses he was winning until he got te chin touched

Condit vs MacDonald
7 seconds to go

There was a fight years ago, probably three or four, in maybe Bantam weight (I forget) where one fighter was absolutely done. Going backwards, rocked massively and blindly swinging at their opponent who was aggressively moving in for the kill. By some miracle one of those swings hit right on the button.

One that stands out in my mind was the Cody Gibson v Manny Gamburyan fight. Gibson was outstriking him and then got caught in a guillotine. I can't remember if it was a domination but Cody was looking good

Lil' Pettis vs Ryan Benoit.

Was outclassing him on the feet, then got his ass kicked in the second round, literally.

Wasn't that the one where he was hurt, clutching his midsection, then knocked his opponent out as he came in?
I think he admitted he wasn't actually hurt and did it to draw him in
Yup. He threw a haymaker as he was doubled over and won a one-punch KO

There was a fight years ago, probably three or four, in maybe Bantam weight (I forget) where one fighter was absolutely done. Going backwards, rocked massively and blindly swinging at their opponent who was aggressively moving in for the kill. By some miracle one of those swings hit right on the button.
Reminds me of Leben versus, who?
Leben got set back on his heels by a stiff crack to the jaw, then another, but as he always did, he started moving forward, looking like a punching zombie, and landed a knockout punch.

fight would have been a draw even if she didnt get the choke.

UFCMieshaTate-1.gif

Has to be Smith/Sell. My goto best ever UFC comeback.

Reminds me of Leben versus, who?
Leben got set back on his heels by a stiff crack to the jaw, then another, but as he always did, he started moving forward, looking like a punching zombie, and landed a knockout punch.

Terrry Martin

Back