Movies SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS (New Trailer Released)

If you have seen SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

• 6 - Decent

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: May 16, 2021

First Official Trailer for SNAKE EYES: G.I. JOE ORIGINS Starring Henry Golding

Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins stars Henry Golding as Snake Eyes, a tenacious loner who is welcomed into an ancient Japanese clan called the Arashikage after saving the life of their heir apparent. Upon arrival in Japan, the Arashikage teach Snake Eyes the ways of the ninja warrior while also providing something he’s been longing for: a home. But, when secrets from his past are revealed, Snake Eyes’ honor and allegiance will be tested – even if that means losing the trust of those closest to him.

Based on the iconic G.I. Joe character, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins also stars Andrew Koji as Storm Shadow, Úrsula Corberó as The Baroness, Samara Weaving as Scarlett, Haruka Abe as Akiko, Tahehiro Hira as Kenta and Iko Uwais as Hard Master. Only in theatres July 23.

Update: May 11, 2018

G.I. Joe's SNAKE EYES Gets a Solo Movie with Evan Spiliotopoulos to Pen Script

BLE9sGD.jpg

Popular G.I. Joe character Snake Eyes is getting his own movie. Paramount Pictures has thrown a Joe spinoff movie featuring the commando into development, with Evan Spiliotopoulos, the writer of Beauty and the Beast and The Huntsman: Winter’s War, in talks to pen the script.

Snake Eyes is the silent ninja commando that first appeared in the 1980s as part of Hasbro and Marvel Comics’ relaunch of the toyline, dubbed G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.

The character, who dressed in all black, never revealed his face, and never spoke, stood apart from the rest of the military anti-terrorist group and quickly established himself as the most popular. He had a special relationship with Scarlett, for a while the team’s only female member, and sometimes carried out solo missions with his pet wolf, Timber. His archenemy is Storm Shadow, a ninja who is also his blood brother.

Paramount has made two Joe movies, 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, and 2013’s G.I Joe: Retaliation, with acrobatic actor Ray Park playing the lead character in both movies.

The studio and Hasbro have been looking to reboot the franchise and in the last few years has assembled writers rooms to generate movie ideas.

Spiliotopoulos got his start in animation, working on Disney’s straight to animation movies before nabbing big-feature fantasy gigs. The writer is on an upswing and earlier this week came on board to pen the sequel to Netflix’s fantasy cop movie, Bright.

'G.I. Joe' Character Snake Eyes Getting His Own Spinoff Movie from Writer Evan Spiliotopoulos (Exclusive)

10 year old me would've got his first erection to this news.
Now I'm meh.

Last edited:
I'd literally be more interested in an American Ninja remake.

G.I. Joe's SNAKE EYES Gets a Solo Movie with Evan Spiliotopoulos to Pen Script

BLE9sGD.jpg

Popular G.I. Joe character Snake Eyes is getting his own movie. Paramount Pictures has thrown a Joe spinoff movie featuring the commando into development, with Evan Spiliotopoulos, the writer of Beauty and the Beast and The Huntsman: Winter’s War, in talks to pen the script.

Snake Eyes is the silent ninja commando that first appeared in the 1980s as part of Hasbro and Marvel Comics’ relaunch of the toyline, dubbed G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.

The character, who dressed in all black, never revealed his face, and never spoke, stood apart from the rest of the military anti-terrorist group and quickly established himself as the most popular. He had a special relationship with Scarlett, for a while the team’s only female member, and sometimes carried out solo missions with his pet wolf, Timber. His archenemy is Storm Shadow, a ninja who is also his blood brother.

Paramount has made two Joe movies, 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, and 2013’s G.I Joe: Retaliation, with acrobatic actor Ray Park playing the lead character in both movies.

The studio and Hasbro have been looking to reboot the franchise and in the last few years has assembled writers rooms to generate movie ideas.

Spiliotopoulos got his start in animation, working on Disney’s straight to animation movies before nabbing big-feature fantasy gigs. The writer is on an upswing and earlier this week came on board to pen the sequel to Netflix’s fantasy cop movie, Bright.

'G.I. Joe' Character Snake Eyes Getting His Own Spinoff Movie from Writer Evan Spiliotopoulos (Exclusive)

Snake Eyes still being played by Ray Park, Darth Maul himself?

They should just do a GI Joe Mortal Kombat crossover

Snake Eyes was my favorite GI Joe as a kid and he provided some of the best momemts of the movie, but he should not carry his own movie. Best in small doses in my opinion.

However if they do make this, I hope he doesnt speak and uses sign language. But that is a personal preference so my son who is deaf will be interested and watch the movie.

I'm down.

I actually thought the second GI Joe film was pretty fun, mostly due to the prominence of the ninjas in that one.

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are both cool as fuck. I'll also point out that Storm Shadow is one of the coolest character names of all time.

5903036-giphy+%2826%29.gif

Aka they couldn't talk The Rock into a whatever Joe he was solo film.

I'd prefer a movie about Timber. Sniffin' ass and takin' names.

He doesn't talk, should make for an interesting movie.

meh, maybe i'd watch if i catch it on cable by chance, but thats it, but im more interested in Cobra than the joes

Back