Rumored Smith's Mentally Weak?

CallMeCasual

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What other fighter have we seen that completely gives up and doesn't even try to fight back and let himself get dominated fight after fight after fight? In the Jones fight, Glover fight, and now in the Rakic fight, his opponents can literally do whatever they want with him.

I'm starting to think that Smith might have actually got his ass kicked by that intruder because he has looked incredibly mentally weak, but this one must be the worst one. I really think that Rakic did what he did for an easy decision to not risk taking any damage and Smith let him do that to him.

If lions would be like Smith, they would be extinct long, long, long ago, would probably not last longer than two generations as a species.

Also, This speaks volumes of how garbage Gus mental must have been in the Smith fight.

It’s weird in the fights where he doesn’t give up he guts it out, strange fighter but mentally weak for sure.

Brings up fights before the intruder to prove he is mentally weak, but blames the intruder for him being mentally weak. TS is mentally weak

I think the damage is finally adding up. He took some strikes in the Jones, Gus, Volkan, and of course Glover fights. That's after a ton of mileage already.

He’s post prime and never was that good to begin with

That altercation he had with a psycho crackhead seems to have mentally affected him. But enough about Jon Jones. He also had an altercation with a guy on bath salts who broke into his house at night, these two incidents seem to have broken him mentally, he can't seem to pull the trigger anymore.

He is a curious case, i don't know if he lacks heart. Sometimes he makes good comeback and sometimes he turtles.He simply isn't that good to begin with.

Brings up fights before the intruder to prove he is mentally weak, but blames the intruder for him being mentally weak. TS is mentally weak
He brought up two fights before the intruder, but they were still relevant to his point. Jon made him question his ability to become a champ, but Luke made him question his abilities in a fight. Gus was losing a battle with his own confidence, which was likely a large factor in his loss to Smith.

I don't think it was necessarily the tweaker. As much as it hurts me to say because he is one of my favorite fighters, Condit is kind of the same way. He used to gut it out and beat guys who were probably more skilled but if you lose that intensity you lose what made you more than the sum of your parts.

As someone who dieted strictly and worked out six days a week through college just for strength training and bodybuilding,I think I can relate. I simply cant do it anymore. Its not that I'm physically weaker, I just cant summon the mental intensity to be sore as shit and hungry for days on end.

I assume it's kind of the same thing. Maybe its age, maybe its self doubt, maybe its missing the title shot they worked their whole lives for, I don't know. Endless willpower and determination aren't necessarily infinite and lifelong for anyone, even professional fighters.

Smith showed absolutely nothing tonight and I was initially worried about backing Rek. Not that he bused Smith but I expected a much higher caliber scrap.

You are a retard, but that is something we have already established when you called me a racist after saying 3-2 Reyes.

I wrote

"I'm starting to think that Smith might have actually got his ass kicked by that intruder because he has looked incredibly mentally weak"

Never did I say that he did not look mentally weak before that, but him being so mentally weak, it would not surprise me if he actually got his ass kicked by that intruder.

Now you can go and suck on Jon's tiny ped abused balls and squeeze out the little juice he has left to make you happy.
tenor.gif

Dude has damn near 50 fights and most of his wins at LHW consisted of past it fighters like Rua Evans and Gustaffson - he didn't even look good against Volkan and Gus and was losing those fights convincingly turtling upuntil he got the finish late from his opponents basically gassing from beating him up.

Hate to be that guy but he is and always has been a bit overrated.

Tbh this only happened to him against Jones and Rakic guys he simply was not on the same level with. He finished Gus(I was stunned tbh) and was pretty close to KO'ing Glover before gassing. Before that he got a KO win over Volkan in a fight he frankly had no business winning where he got the shit beat out of him.

I don't think Smith is an elite LHW, think his title shot was one of the least deserved in UFC history but saying he isn't mentally tough is clearly false.

He brought up two fights before the intruder, but they were still relevant to his point. Jon made him question his ability to become a champ, but Luke made him question his abilities in a fight. Gus was losing a battle with his own confidence, which was likely a large factor in his loss to Smith.
He fought like this before and after the intruder. What that tell you brudda?

You are a retard, but that is something we have already established when you called me a racist after saying 3-2 Reyes.

I wrote

"I'm starting to think that Smith might have actually got his ass kicked by that intruder because he has looked incredibly mentally weak"

Never did I say that he did not look mentally weak before that, but him being so mentally weak, it would not surprise me if he actually got his ass kicked by that intruder.

Now you can go and suck on Jon's tiny ped abused balls and squeeze out the little juice he has left to make you happy.
tenor.gif
I didn't read it. You to mad. Mission accomplished. Bye now

I think the damage is finally adding up. He took some strikes in the Jones, Gus, Volkan, and of course Glover fights. That's after a ton of mileage already.

He's definitely not the same since his fight with the home intruder.

Rakic is really explosive on the feet. I figured Smith would be able to outgrapple him though and I was so wrong.

Its hard to say what the case is with him. I need to see one more fight. He took a beating vs. Glover. He seems tough in the sense that he can take a beating, but he stops trying to win.

Back