Smith stuffed many TDs from Jones ... fight was boring as hell, but that was impressive.

Jones couldn’t even finish a journeyman
rocky balboa was a journey man and apollo creed couldnt stop his ass.
chuck wepner was a journey man and mohammid ali couldnt finish him, he needed the refs to finish it for him.

Smith's TDD looked great vs Jones especially after the Volkan fight where he was stumbling around without being touched like he was a newborn horse.

I was so disappointed with that fight. I expected Smith to at least try to win. Not just survive. If he’s pleased with his performance. And he’s said he is, then that’s all that really matters. But I was watching, and I realized Smith had no intentions of doing or dying. So I just ...

cd7.gif
After the end of the Spider era and Aldo's gradual decline, I hoped I'd never hear another fighter espouse that "just happy to be here" mindset again.

Jones didn't finish OSP, and Smith looked like shit compared to him vs Jones. Nothing to be proud about at all.

But but but Jones is the best MMA wrestler because he stuffed Cormier right?

Good thing he put away

DC
Shogun
Machida
Vera
Bader
Vitor
Rampage (nobody ever had in the UFC)
Sonnen etc..

Good thing..

The only impressive name who was in his prime in those is DC and his finish was overtuned as a no contest.

Even more impressive if Smith is a clean fighter, we all know Jones is on the best performance enhancers money can buy.

Smith is still young (for a LHW).

Give him a few more years and hes a top LHW.

anthony-smith-ufc-fight-night-125-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

He might only be 30 but he's had 45 professional mma fights, that's a lot of mileage.

Can you name a single fighter who improved 45 fights into their career? I think this is as good as he's gonna get.

He might only be 30 but he's had 45 professional mma fights, that's a lot of mileage.

Can you name a single fighter who improved 45 fights into their career? I think this is as good as he's gonna get.

he has 4 fights as a LHW and he is young

I didn't find Smith impressive at all. He wasn't trying to win, he was trying to survive.

I hope Thiago Santos gets blessed by JBGod and goes for the kill, winning or losing in a short fight.

The only impressive name who was in his prime in those is DC and his finish was overtuned as a no contest.

Ahh ok. So Jones has only fought nothing but bums I guess. Can you name a single fighter that has fought a higher level of bums?

I was so disappointed with that fight. I expected Smith to at least try to win. Not just survive. If he’s pleased with his performance. And he’s said he is, then that’s all that really matters. But I was watching, and I realized Smith had no intentions of doing or dying. So I just ...

cd7.gif

Yep, that's what I saw too. He never really opened up and gave himself a chance to win. It really seemed like his goal that night was to just not get finished. It's tough to finish a high level fighter who is just trying not to get finished. You need a guy to open up to create opportunities.

He's already top LHW. Isn't he #3? He just got a title shot. He's never going to beat DC and Jones. He's about to fight Gus. So I think he's pretty much peaked at this point.

NVM he's #4. Thiago Santos is 3. So after Gus, he can fight Santos. But that's it. He's not getting past DC or Jones. I don't think he can even get pass Gus. IF stuffing Jones TD impresses you, Gus actually took Jones down.

Based on that Anthony Smith fight, Thiago Santos is going to murder Jon. Jon's cinderella story going to come to a KO end. If Jon was smart he fail another drug test so his legacy only ends on losing to USADA and not in the octagon.

Cool-THIAGO-SANTOS-Highlights.gif

Then right around the corner in LHW we got another solid contender!

UncomfortableFoolhardyEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif
That silly shit in the Santos gif will not work on Jon because I'll let you in on a secret.......he's way better than the guy getting owned in that gif.

He's already top LHW. Isn't he #3? He just got a title shot. He's never going to beat DC and Jones. He's about to fight Gus. So I think he's pretty much peaked at this point.

NVM he's #4. Thiago Santos is 3. So after Gus, he can fight Santos. But that's it. He's not getting past DC or Jones. I don't think he can even get pass Gus. IF stuffing Jones TD impresses you, Gus actually took Jones down.

Santos just KOd Anthony Smith a year ago.

Back