Smith and Wesson M&P 45

Ash E Larry

God D@mn I love me!
@Black
Reaction score
Do any of you own this gun, have shot this gun, etc?

Would love to know your thoughts regarding this handgun.

Shot it. I enjoy the M&P series and may pick one up soon. Possibly the shield or the 9C. Just be sure to get one without the magazine disconnect safety. That thing sucks.

A lot of our cops carry the Shield in 40 S&W as an off duty gun.

Edit:Nevermind forgot your in CA too. Looks like your stuck with the mag disconnect safety. I would pick one up soon because I believe that S&W is dropping off the CA list of approved guns soon.

Yeah nice gun....trigger pull about the same as my xd if i remember correctly....nice gun especially for the price

My brother has one and I've shot it a few times.

I don't know much about guns but it felt pretty powerful and I was still able to hit my target dead on so it felt really accurate as well. Probably a terrible description but I liked it.

I hate the M&P standard triggers, but those can be swapped out and they'll shoot better. The question is if you want to spend $100 to do it or just get a gun you like better.

Looks like i am headed to youtube to find out wtf this magazine disconnect safety is.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Looks like i am headed to youtube to find out wtf this magazine disconnect safety is.

Thanks for the info everyone.

In the M&P, its a small lever that comes down when the mag is out. When that lever is down the gun cannot fire even if a round is chambered.

I just think it is a useless little additional piece to fail but it is required by CA in pistols that weren't on the list after a certain date.

I've run around 100 rounds thru one when I was considering buying one. Love the way the M&P fits in my hand, but fuck was it the absolute mushiest trigger ever. I really wanted to like the gun but the trigger turned me away. My LGS let me pull the trigger on the 3 new ones he had in stock, and same story. Like someone said, APEX apparently makes a nice trigger kit, but at the added cost, I would just buy a Glock 21 or 30.

I hate the M&P standard triggers, but those can be swapped out and they'll shoot better. The question is if you want to spend $100 to do it or just get a gun you like better.

Same here. I have one and hate the trigger. Some people like it, I can't stand it.

You can't go wrong with an m&p45.
Good 45acp polymer framed alternatives are the springfield xd45, glock 21sf and
Fnh fnx45.

I have the M&P40. I've put 500 rounds through it so far, not one hiccup.

I purchased it back in late February/early March, and it's the first pistol I've ever owned. I don't know much about the nuances of different triggers, but when I squeeze it the gun fires. So, I'm happy with it.

I personally hate the M&P, the triggers are horrible and even with APEX kits in them they are marginal at best.

I have 1000 rounds through my M&P 9mm. I love it, never had a problem. I'm planning on the trigger upgrade soon but over all it's a great gun

Back