SMFH Jones v. Santos

GSP lost to Matt Serra. Shit happens in a fight. Don't act like Santos has no chance. He has legitimate knockout power and could realistically put Jones to sleep.

Jon Jones is way better than GSP

Only person ahead of him at 205 is DC (really shouldn't be ranked at 205 anymore) but whatever I guess... So he's the #1 contender. Regardless of what you think his chances are he's the most deserving of a TS at 205 rn and has the kind of ko power to possibly make things interesting.

Did you just fucking compare Malignaggi to Jon fucking Jones?

just saying its not impossibility that santos KO's Jones.
Just like Ruiz dropped Joshua when no one gave him a chance.

Yes jones will likely win. Even if he's -1000 i'd still put a few hundred down on him rather than santos. But i'm not going to bet my car on it.

I dunno, mma math never adds up. Santos can crack, I mean alot of guys Jones has fought can crack. I think there could be an upset here. 1st round ko, santos im sensing it.

Dude you’re talking out of your ass, every single time Jones fights people come out the woodwork with “realism”

REALISTICALLY santos doesn’t walk out of that arena unaided. REALISTICALLY that’s the ONLY outcome here- Santos getting elbowd repeatedly the goddamn face until his orbital and mandible cracks

R
E
A
L
I
S
T
I
C
A
L
L
Y
He didn't even finish Smith you fucking poptart

Shit happens and Santos is pretty wild and much improved at LHW

Serra vs GSP
Dillashaw vs Barão
Gonzago vs Crocop
Bisping vs Rockhold II
Werdum vs Fedor

The list goes on...

That Spicely loss is absolutely terrible for Santos, I won't deny it. However, the overwhelming majority of the greats have at least one Mulligan that you only wish they could have a chance to run back. I'm not saying Santos is great, but he is really, really good and he may well have the most KO power at 205 (off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone that cracks harder at the moment). His chin is weak, his submission game is meh (although his wrestling and TDD are actually pretty decent), and his chest tattoo is stupid but the guy has solid cardio and a real knack for finding people's chins during the course of a fight. Also, he is by far the most deserving and intriguing fight for Jones right now. Well, a case could be made for Corey Anderson, but forget that for obvious reasons.

Jones doesn't really hit that hard nor is he particularly aggressive on the feet in the first round, so I think Santos will be a threat early and it is entirely possible he could separate Jonny from consciousness here. There is no way I'd bank on that happening and I fully expect Jones to submit him in the later rounds but to say he has absolutely no chance is just inaccurate.

There’s literally no one else to fight

Shut the fuck up with this mma math. I bet you would pay good money to see him fight vs someone who lost to rich clementi.

That Spicely loss is absolutely terrible for Santos, I won't deny it. However, the overwhelming majority of the greats have at least one Mulligan that you only wish they could have a chance to run back. I'm not saying Santos is great, but he is really, really good and he may well have the most KO power at 205 (off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone that cracks harder at the moment). His chin is weak, his submission game is meh (although his wrestling and TDD are actually pretty decent), and his chest tattoo is stupid but the guy has solid cardio and a real knack for finding people's chins during the course of a fight. Also, he is by far the most deserving and intriguing fight for Jones right now. Well, a case could be made for Corey Anderson, but forget that for obvious reasons.

Jones doesn't really hit that hard nor is he particularly aggressive on the feet in the first round, so I think Santos will be a threat early and it is entirely possible he could separate Jonny from consciousness here. There is no way I'd bank on that happening and I fully expect Jones to submit him in the later rounds but to say he has absolutely no chance is just inaccurate.

Well said. I think santos gets wild gets taken down and finished in the first round.

I mean Thiago did knockout Anthony Smith (albeit at MW)

And Smith just beat Gus

IK Thiago's record is sketchy, but Thiago is legitimate and he is a threat. Jones hasn't dealt with a striker like this in a while. It should be good.

View attachment 605427
YOU ARE GONNA PAY MONEY TO WATCH JONES BEAT UP ON A GUY WHO LOST TO

E R I C

SPICELY

??????????

View attachment 605429
You’re going to sit there and tell me that people are willing to pay to watch Jon Jones beat the Christ out of Thiago Santos? A guy who lost to ERIC FKNG SPICELY? LOL?

The UFC is achieving entirely unexplored realms of autism on this one fellas; glad to see that Sherdog’s functionality and the sport itself are finally on a level plane. This is just fucking sad.
Fucking sad are those who think fighters can't evolve.

I am not saying Santos is at anywhere close to Jon's level, but you are a fucking moron to make such statements.
Silva lost to fucking Luiz Azeredo. So what?

BTW, most autistic people are highly intelligent, unlike you, who are either on spectrum or not, but definitely a dumbass.

Not even worried about the Spicely thing.

He got KO’d by David Branch lol

He didn't even finish Smith you fucking poptart

“He didn’t even..”

You’re talking about one of the most prolific young talents the sport has seen in possibly a decade or more; pretending that Smith is not going to be a haunting the dreams of all the LHWs besides Jones is a fucking LAUGH

LMFAO “he didn’t even finish smith”

Get out of here you bum

Fucking sad are those who think fighters can't evolve.

I am not saying Santos is at anywhere close to Jon's level, but you are a fucking moron to make such statements.
Silva lost to fucking Luiz Azeredo. So what?

BTW, most autistic people are highly intelligent, unlike you, who are either on spectrum or not, but definitely a dumbass.

Eye kan sea thatt yuu wur affended bi mi awwtizm komment; shuv itt upp yor snoflayk puss puss whinerr

Back