*Smaller cage favors Holloway at the rematch against Volkanovski?*

Pretty sure it's a full size Octagon on Fight Island.

The smaller cage would not have favored Max, but watch the first fight and decide for yourself.

Volk makes easy work of him in a cage, ring, bar, phone booth

Last edited by a moderator:
Max turned into brawler his last fights and with that style he cant beat Volk,doesnt matter if cage is big or small

The smaller cage would not have favored Max, but watch the first fight and decide for yourself.
Max was pressuring and Volk was countering and retreating. I could easily see it favouring Max

I would have thought it would favor Volkanovski, he's the one pressuring more, and if there was any attempt at grappling against the cage then it woud come from him

Max was pressuring and Volk was countering and retreating. I could easily see it favouring Max
completely unintelligible analysis. max was walking forward the entire time to no results. how would a smaller cage benefit max, when in the first fight, volk had better reflexes to counter him?

completely unintelligible analysis. max was walking forward the entire time to no results. how would a smaller cage benefit max, when in the first fight, volk had better reflexes to counter him?
Max let go of combos that had volk retreating backwards to the cage. With a smaller cage theres less room to run away and he'll be cornered more quickly. If you cant see this then its your problem not mine.

Max's pressure was starting to pay off in the later rounds. Volk hadn't faded badly enough for Max to really make the most of it however. A lot of Volk's success was that he used a stick and move gameplan. The smaller the cage, the less room Volk has to go backwards when he needs to, and the harder that approach becomes.

Max was getting beat in the pocket all night, regardless of the fact that he was pressuring. A small cage would force more of that to happen.

Max's pressure was starting to pay off in the later rounds. Volk hadn't faded badly enough for Max to really make the most of it however. A lot of Volk's success was that he used a stick and move gameplan. The smaller the cage, the less room Volk has to go backwards when he needs to, and the harder that approach becomes.

Volk broke his right hand in round 3 and Max's combos were interrupted all night by either the low kick or volk blitzing with his own combinations. To me anyhow.

Volk broke his right hand in round 3 and Max's combos were interrupted all night by either the low kick or volk blitzing with his own combinations. To me anyhow.

Yeah, he was starting to slow though. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It was 5 rounds again Max, a guy with amazing cardio, and at a decent enough pace.

There's just less room for Volk to use to move and reset after stopping Max's attacks. Perhaps that means he'll have to engage a little more. More of that will take more energy out of him.

This isn't to say that I think Volk is going to be in a lot of trouble because the cage is a bit smaller though. I still think he'll be able to employ most of the same gameplan and win the same way if that's what he goes for.

Back