Small things you feel make a difference?

Ok, this is the opposite to what everyone else is saying, but I actually eat a MCD's snack wrap before every class, if I dont I'm off the whole class. That and close your eyes sometimes when your rolling, especially drilling, and just feel the moves. You'd be amazed how different the game is.

spar with the tournament point system in mind. Rodrigo Lopes told me this and it changed my game.

Have a curriculum of things you are going to do in order.

watch people training when you are at the club.

too many people are just happy chatting around in between rolls and they are missing on the best opportunity to learn from others.

watch people training when you are at the club.

too many people are just happy chatting around in between rolls and they are missing on the best opportunity to learn from others.

Thi definitely helps me a lot. I try to pick a couple of positions to focus on and watch for how my teammates deal with those spots when I watch them spar. Same thing when I watch video. If I don't do that, I feel like it's too much information to take in, but if I get specific with what I'm looking for I get much more out of it.

Thi definitely helps me a lot. I try to pick a couple of positions to focus on and watch for how my teammates deal with those spots when I watch them spar. Same thing when I watch video. If I don't do that, I feel like it's too much information to take in, but if I get specific with what I'm looking for I get much more out of it.

the advantage is that you can actually ask your training partners how they did such and such moves.

how many of us watch something they fancy on a video and failed misserably once they try to use it back on the mats?

Also I make a point of using the "technique of the day" while I roll.

Too many people just rely on their proven bread and butter techniques because they do not like losing.

try testing everything you mentioned out... everyone is different, i personally cant nap before a class or im very lathargic. however i do like to drink an energy drink before class to give me a boost, yet if i drink coffee i feel like vomiting.

learn to pass the guard and stop relying on the bum rush, runnning around BS.

Developing confidence in the strength of my gable grip and the strength of my closed guard/half guard. Knowing that I can buy a few extra seconds to work escapes/sweeps etc. really gave me a boost.

Back