Small tear in new leather Fairtex glove?

joeyboy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I ordered the black/red Fairtex BGV9 from Thailand and just received it. In the picture you'll see a small red dot on black part of the boxing glove. When I run my finger across it I can definitely feel something. I'm worried this could crack further once I start hitting pads and bags. Do any of you know if this is just a manufacturing error with the leather, or possibly a tear from shipping? What do you guys think?

bgv0.jpg

bgv9.webp

Dumb question: you're sure it's a tear and not , like, a wayward piece of red paint or other detritus just stuck to the glove?

Dumb question: you're sure it's a tear and not , like, a wayward piece of red paint or other detritus just stuck to the glove?
Thank you so much! It came off with some spit. lol.

I ordered the gear from super export shop, and I wanted to warn you guys that if you order shin guards from them, you should email them and ask them not to strap one of the shin guards tight inside the other shin guard. In the photos it looks like the imprint of the velcro strap on the leather part of the shin guard because they tried to fit all the gear in one small bag instead of using a bigger bag or box. I really hope those marks aren't permanent.

I have to wait and see how the gear holds up but so far they appear legit, just a heads up for you all if you order shin guards from them.
shin1.jpg

shin2.jpg

shin3.jpg

Thank you so much! It came off with some spit. lol.
Lol.
I wouldn't worry too much about the shinguards. I get it's a drag to have them come like that, but we do kick people with these things :)
Assuming they're legit (and it looks like they are from the pics you sent) I think they'll hold up fine. And they'll have plenty of real battle scars soon enough.

Last edited:
Lol.
I wouldn't worry too much about the shinguards. I get it's a drag to have them come like that, but we do kick people with these things :)
Assuming they're legit (and it looks like they are from the pics you sent) I think they'll hold up fine. And they'll have plenty of real battle scars soon enough.

Absolutely. I gotta break em in, then I can stop worrying and forget about how beautiful Fairtex's crimson red gear is, Thanks!

Reactions: MT5
I ordered the black/red Fairtex BGV9 from Thailand and just received it. In the picture you'll see a small red dot on black part of the boxing glove. When I run my finger across it I can definitely feel something. I'm worried this could crack further once I start hitting pads and bags. Do any of you know if this is just a manufacturing error with the leather, or possibly a tear from shipping? What do you guys think?

bgv0.jpg

bgv9.webp
Late to the party but do be aware when something like gloves come through customs you can also be unlucky enough to have your countries customs/borderforce stab a probe into it...

Late to the party but do be aware when something like gloves come through customs you can also be unlucky enough to have your countries customs/borderforce stab a probe into it...

That happened to me before as well. There was a pretty sizable slice, then I emailed muaythai-fighting.com with the pictures and they said it was most likely cut by the Customs agent. They told me to keep the sliced pair and they sent a new pair right away. Great customer service, the only reason I didn't order from them this time was because they didn't have the BGV9s in stock.

Back